Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 117690 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)
« Reply #765 on: June 25, 2023, 06:12:00 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #766 on: June 25, 2023, 06:04:37 PM »
I like the tweaks - definitely feels more "Clone warsy." Really nicely done.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #767 on: June 27, 2023, 07:57:57 AM »
Your latest military gurney looks brilliant, too! I always admire how much realism those straps you use add to the custom. Very nice parts used and realistic looking bandages. And for a lucky coincidence, they released new footage of the PJ team on YouTube a couple days ago.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #768 on: June 27, 2023, 06:14:27 PM »
I do like the big hat better.. star wars anesthetics has always been exaggerated. Bigger is better. If youre going for a western motif do it big.  I like your casualty, he'll go great with your PJ! I just got a new appreciation for Joytoy products.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #769 on: June 29, 2023, 10:52:37 AM »
Nice, off to share.

Thank you, sir.
I like the tweaks - definitely feels more "Clone warsy." Really nicely done.

Definitely the intended goal for sure. The hot toys version of Cad Bane also includes the rocket boots interestingly enough.

Your latest military gurney looks brilliant, too! I always admire how much realism those straps you use add to the custom. Very nice parts used and realistic looking bandages. And for a lucky coincidence, they released new footage of the PJ team on YouTube a couple days ago.

Thanks, Philip! I appreciate the feedback. And yes, I'll probably do a really cool photo of my Pavehawk, PJ, and the wounded/crashed pilot pictured here.

I do like the big hat better.. star wars anesthetics has always been exaggerated. Bigger is better. If youre going for a western motif do it big.  I like your casualty, he'll go great with your PJ! I just got a new appreciation for Joytoy products.

Yep! Wide brim looks great for his type of villain. I'm guessing you got your hands on a joytoy figure? They are easily my favorite company. With paint touch ups and customization, I feel they are the best out there in terms of articulation.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #770 on: July 18, 2023, 06:13:19 AM »
Final Version of my MATV/JLTV:

This thing is packed to the rim with tactical equipment and tools to keep the vehicle on the move at all times! Tactical entry tools for building clearing, maintenance equipment, explosives, ammunition, smoke dispensors, navigation computers, and infrared sensors for crew awareness and enhanced enemy detection, etc!

Decals and extra tools purchased separately. We've got JoyToy, Marauders Task Force, and BBI equipment here.

The hand painted punisher skull is a tribute to fallen U.S. Navy Seal Chris Kyle. He was known to wear punisher regalia on his uniforms while operating. I did not use decals because I wanted the "hand painted" appearance of this. Vehicles in Afghanistan and Iraq were known to rock these in his honor.

Lt. Colonel Victor Rykov, Russian Iron Bears Mercenary Contractor. Ex-Spetsnaz Special Forces Operator turned gun for profit. He specializes in counter-insurgency operations and has many off the book operations in foreign nations as a "military advisor."

Recipe: 4" James Cameron Col. Quaritch lower and head, JoyToy upper. Vest carrier from Joytoy army builder. AK-12 cobbled together from Marauder Task Force parts from various AK and AR models. Tactical Axe also from Marauders.

His two versions are Russian Spetsnaz "Telnyashka" off duty clothing and BDU uniform.

I've got a huge 212th Clone Trooper improvement project coming soon. I'm getting the new 4 pack and upgrading one of the troopers to be Boil. Decals and paint work... and I'm completely replacing the crappy weapons with 3D printed ones. Additionally, I will be massively improving Commander Cody to have a 3D Printed helmet which will be hand painted by me...stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:21:01 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #771 on: July 18, 2023, 12:12:09 PM »
Amazing job on the MATV! The paint applications are excellent and all the equipment really makes this outstanding. Fantastic attention to detail.

Is Victor a "shout out" to Jack Ryan by any chance? I really like the composition of the figure - in both cases. Excellent work as usual.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #772 on: July 18, 2023, 12:19:27 PM »
Amazing job on the MATV! The paint applications are excellent and all the equipment really makes this outstanding. Fantastic attention to detail.

Is Victor a "shout out" to Jack Ryan by any chance? I really like the composition of the figure - in both cases. Excellent work as usual.

Thank you, sir! That MATV is a love letter to that kind of vehicle. Every piece of equipment can be removed and used with figures.

I should do a Jack Ryan one day! But alas, no, he is a reference to the 90's Alien Versus Predator (PC) game character Vassili Rykov.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Vassili_Rykov

I like doing nods/Easter eggs/references like that. It keeps the fan universe alive for the IP it belongs to.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #773 on: July 18, 2023, 01:32:28 PM »
Classic!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #774 on: July 19, 2023, 09:00:31 AM »
Wow, bada$$!

I like this a lot. Off to share on the front pages.

Takes tough to a whole nother level. Love the gun on the hood too.

Looking forward to your next project too.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #775 on: July 19, 2023, 10:43:45 PM »
Wow, bada$$!

I like this a lot. Off to share on the front pages.

Takes tough to a whole nother level. Love the gun on the hood too.

Looking forward to your next project too.

The MATV vehicle jack? It was fun to hand make and paint for sure

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #776 on: July 21, 2023, 08:14:09 AM »
Yeah that big ole jacking mechanism. Looks great.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #777 on: July 26, 2023, 09:09:37 AM »
212th Attack Battalion.
Custom Waxer and Boil included.

Commando Droid Squad.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #778 on: July 26, 2023, 04:50:10 PM »
Those are cool. I especially like the printed weapons for the commando droids.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #779 on: July 28, 2023, 06:28:38 AM »
They sure look good on the front page. Nice.