Author Topic: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)  (Read 117751 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: My Custom Figures (Republic, CIS, Imperial, Criminals, and MORE!)
« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2022, 04:12:49 AM »
Could you hear my jaw drop? I celebrate your custom of Ahsoka so much especially because you combined the best of both figures. I like the costume of TCW Ahsoka. She used to be the most expensive TVC figure on the aftermarket and the tooling is still good with today's standards in my opinion.
The photoreal version of Ahsoka as she appeared in The Mandalorian is one of the best 3.75" figures that Hasbro have ever made. And you turned her amazing headsculpt into custom gold.
What an outstanding job on sculpting her head and adding the jewellery.
Another elegant addition to your unique collection, Sir. Thanks for sharing & apologies for my late reply!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #676 on: December 31, 2022, 10:37:50 AM »
Could you hear my jaw drop? I celebrate your custom of Ahsoka so much especially because you combined the best of both figures. I like the costume of TCW Ahsoka. She used to be the most expensive TVC figure on the aftermarket and the tooling is still good with today's standards in my opinion.
The photoreal version of Ahsoka as she appeared in The Mandalorian is one of the best 3.75" figures that Hasbro have ever made. And you turned her amazing headsculpt into custom gold.
What an outstanding job on sculpting her head and adding the jewellery.
Another elegant addition to your unique collection, Sir. Thanks for sharing & apologies for my late reply!

Thank you, DM! I'm glad you like her. A simple upgrade but definitely worth the microscopic tweezer work with superglue I had to do.  vadsab
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2023, 09:01:10 AM »
So I've been working on a ton of 1/18 Military projects lately. I finally finished my USAF Spec. Ops. Pavehawk, I repainted my entire collection of U.S. Vehicles, and I updated my USMC MARSOG Raiders.

Here's my interpretation of Modern Warfare II figures.

1/18 JoyToy Modern Warfare Customs - Pictured from Left to Right: Lt. "Gaz", Sgt. Soap McTavish, Cpt. John Price, Lt. Simon "Ghost" Riley, and unnamed SAS Operator.

The custom head sculpts come from a Chinese Ebayer who does 1/18 head sculpts. They are extremely high quality.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 09:13:19 AM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2023, 01:57:52 PM »
These guys look great! I was looking at some of the painted heads from china, yeah they are really well done. Never pulled the trigger. How long is the processing and shipping? I found a Mexican painter whos selling custom heads 5 for $80. I might go with that.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2023, 04:05:08 PM »
Can only agree with JDeck! Those just look PRICEless! In fact they're the very first CoD MW II inspired figures in 1/18 scale I've ever seen. Your customs have been some genuine masterpieces every time and now that you mentioned that you went back to your vehicles for further mods and improvements, I'm dying to see them!

Thanks for the hint at the Chinese seller on feebay! Looking at all the amazing headsculpts he's definitely worth checking out. You did an outstanding job painting their bodies as well.
I'm not sure if I can ever justify paying 30-50 bucks for a 3.75" figure, but your figures are tempting for sure. Thanks for sharing! It's good that you're back.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:16:27 PM by Darth More »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #680 on: January 28, 2023, 07:54:23 PM »
These guys look great! I was looking at some of the painted heads from china, yeah they are really well done. Never pulled the trigger. How long is the processing and shipping? I found a Mexican painter whos selling custom heads 5 for $80. I might go with that.

$35 per head. Free shipping. 1 month order/processing time. Well worth the wait.

Can only agree with JDeck! Those just look PRICEless! In fact they're the very first CoD MW II inspired figures in 1/18 scale I've ever seen. Your customs have been some genuine masterpieces every time and now that you mentioned that you went back to your vehicles for further mods and improvements, I'm dying to see them!

Thanks for the hint at the Chinese seller on feebay! Looking at all the amazing headsculpts he's definitely worth checking out. You did an outstanding job painting their bodies as well.
I'm not sure if I can ever justify paying 30-50 bucks for a 3.75" figure, but your figures are tempting for sure. Thanks for sharing! It's good that you're back.

The Joytoy figures are well worth the money. I can also get them at a slightly better price point from smalljoes.com

No idea if they ship to Europe tho?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #681 on: January 29, 2023, 07:47:35 AM »
Great squad. Looks tough.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #682 on: January 29, 2023, 08:39:11 AM »
These MW2 figures are great! I've seen the ghost head on ebay before and almost pulled the trigger. Nice Work!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2023, 06:40:41 PM »
That squad turned out great! Cool that you were able to swap out heads for the look you wanted. JoyToy does provide exquisite figures and it won't be long before they're competing with TVC :-\

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #684 on: January 31, 2023, 04:42:08 AM »

Great squad. Looks tough.

Off to the front pages.

Thank ya, sir. Definitely very prolific characters.

These MW2 figures are great! I've seen the ghost head on ebay before and almost pulled the trigger. Nice Work!

It's definitely one of the best paint applications I've seen on something in this scale. Well worth the month wait time.

That squad turned out great! Cool that you were able to swap out heads for the look you wanted. JoyToy does provide exquisite figures and it won't be long before they're competing with TVC :-\

I'd say they long ago passed TVC. The only barrier is price. If that could somehow be improved, they would corner the market. Their Warhammer 40k Figures are booming in popularity.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2023, 05:40:36 AM »
New spin on something old.

CIS Cyborg Commando

CIS Lieutenant

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2023, 08:10:00 AM »
Both are great. Love the head sculpts on both.

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #687 on: March 04, 2023, 08:29:11 AM »
I'm currently discovering the sets of the Star Wars Miniatures Game by Wizards of the Coasts. So many different Sparatists forces there that I didn't know before. The designs you come up with always put me into fascination! Thanks for sharing!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #688 on: March 21, 2023, 07:53:37 PM »
Completed my 1/18 M2a3 Bradley BUSK III IFV aka "Hellraiser II."

Still needs ballistic glass near the Commander's hatch, but pretty much done here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 07:55:40 PM by RC-1136 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #689 on: March 22, 2023, 02:59:16 AM »
Looks nice to me. Off to share.