Author Topic: How I store and display my loose collection...  (Read 28414 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: How I store and display my loose collection...
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2022, 06:30:24 PM »
Yeah, I noticed Hasbro used Silicone for their celebration displays.  I was thinking of using Gorilla mounting putty, used for hanging posters on walls. Not only for display purposes, but for dioramas, with smooth floors. I imagine it's strong enough and reusable.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2022, 11:36:29 PM »
Nice, Philipp. This is a great solution for someone who wants stands for their 6 inch figures. I agree with Tamer, it's great that the bands are virtually invisible.

I think Mosh's idea has merit, too. JDeck, I don't know, but does Gorilla putty leave discoloration  or residue like some other poster putties?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2022, 03:49:48 AM »
Nice, Philipp. This is a great solution for someone who wants stands for their 6 inch figures. I agree with Tamer, it's great that the bands are virtually invisible.

I think Mosh's idea has merit, too. JDeck, I don't know, but does Gorilla putty leave discoloration  or residue like some other poster putties?

No the gorilla putty is tan, I assume no added colors. It's almost like silly putty. (Actually you could use silly putty. I've used it as a paint mask, so it is sticky). I don't think it would stain like the blue or fall apart like the white. Regardless, you're just putting it on the bottom of the foot.  Silicone works but it's semi permanent. For me anyway, if I have stormtroopers on a shelf, I'd want to take them off to photograph, and put it back.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:03:06 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2022, 03:54:34 AM »
I like the idea of Philipp's stands as you wouldn't have to worry about harming the figure ever and could use em in a variety of ways.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2022, 11:21:30 AM »
(...)
As for my Action Fleet ships, I use some black plastic bins, similar to these:

Those storage boxes are quite expensive online. Amazon for example take about 20€ for such a box. It might be worth it to look at your local big box stores. Kaufland here in Germany is similar to Walmart and today I got one of those black boxes for my light sensitive figuress (Clone Troopers & Stormtroopers). Thanks for the hint jkno!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2022, 06:31:26 AM »
They looks nice. Man, some of those sizes would make for an excellent gonk too.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2022, 11:39:19 PM »
True, have you heard of the GONK refrigerator project from down under?

I‘m home this weekend, but I forgot to take my laptop. The imgur app isn’t as good as their website so I’m going to edit this post on Monday.

Anyways the 52 Liters box really surprised me yesterday. I don’t remember the volume of my previous boxes, but this new black box is obviously bigger and fits all my Clones! It even leaves space for more Oo

The best thing however is that they’re made of 95% recycled plastic. At least that’s what the label says. I hope it’s true.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 01:15:13 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2022, 01:22:21 PM »
So as predicted, Kaufland now put the remaining boxes onto the clearance aisle. But they play a trick! The price hasn't changed, only the color of the price tag indicates that it's on discount, where in reality it's not. You cannot fool me anymore Kaufland!
But to be fair, it's still a fair price for those boxes compared to Amazon.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2022, 02:19:18 PM »
That's kind of a deceitful practice. Good thing you actually checked the price.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
Yes, it pays off to remember prices in stores of the same chain over time. I'm a loyal customer at Kaufland since I moved to Dresden in 2017. They're still one of the best big box stores around and I can even walk to the closest one in 5 minutes. That saved me some serious amount of gas in the past years.
And I already made some incredibly good deals there. I might go back to the other store about 15 minutes drive away next week. They usually have more remaining units left on clearance there because there are much less customers. I'll keep you updated!  :)

And thank you for teaching me a new word! Deceitful...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2022, 03:25:31 PM »

And thank you for teaching me a new word! Deceitful...

You're welcome :) (I think, maybe not the most happy word to learn)

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2022, 10:29:09 PM »
Every word is important to me especially when it comes to discussions or even arguments, I want to be able to defend myself verbally.
Yesterday, I was thinking of how thankful I am that I have such a community on here and write in English almost daily. It was when a young woman from Japan asked me how to select the right label for her carrots on the scales. They were 1.49€ per kilo and her price was 58 cents. The scales have a touch screen and I was just walking by. I was happy to help and she was glad that I could explain it to her in English right away. Life's good. Have a good day everyone!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2022, 03:59:41 AM »
Thats what my local store does when it clearances toys. They put a red sticker on em all, but they are still the same daggone price. I hate it!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2022, 01:54:38 PM »
No discount on those boxes as of today. But I scored big on Hasbro Pulse today because some wanted TVC items were back in stock. More on that next week ;) Instead, I got two circular saws today! They're used, a little older, but still run! PROXXON is reknown for hobby tools here in Germany. The one on the left costs 97€ new. The seller gave it to me for free because it didn't run when he tried to switch it on. The bigger on on the right is 350€ new and he sold it to me for 110€. Now, I can finally work on my 7 cabinets to make them perfect for 3.75" action figures...

I had a nice evening ride with good music to a much needed thunder storm. Drove to a new town in the north which is popular for its bingerbread. And I passed the brewery of the Radeberger beer in Radeberg today. It was a good day. Hope yours was, too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2022, 03:52:09 AM »
I look forward to seeing what you do with those table saws!