Author Topic: How I store and display my loose collection...  (Read 27980 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: How I store and display my loose collection...
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2023, 03:07:55 AM »
They sure look good to me. I remember ROTS being when I went full tilt. So many fun trips to stores that had pegs and pegs of figures back then. Man, tracking down those paint variants was a chore!

Your cabinets look great.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2023, 08:51:06 AM »
They sure look good to me. I remember ROTS being when I went full tilt. So many fun trips to stores that had pegs and pegs of figures back then. Man, tracking down those paint variants was a chore!

Your cabinets look great.

Good times. #41 gave me the Star Wars virus. I was 12 back then - TARGET audience.
"It's all in the action figures." - George Lucas

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2023, 08:28:13 PM »
Nice! That's a great way to display figures.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2023, 02:46:24 AM »
Thanks, Jeff! I had to find a compromise for the cabinets' height. The maximum height per floor is 11.3 cm. So unfortunately all Wookiees have to bend down a bit.
It's a tight fit, but I'm happy with them also because the depth of 7.5 cm allows some lightsaber/action-posing.

Fun story about the ROTS banner: I found it on an online fleamarket. I asked the seller if it was from Toys "R" Us. I knew it was never sold. It turned out that his mother worked for Hasbro back in the 90s. Her first brother worked for PARKER and her second brother for Kenner.
The whole family worked in the toys/game industry and every once in a while they were given some goodies. He remembered that his mom gave him the Sneak Preview items for The Phantom Menace back in 1998. He tried to figure out what this Mace Windu and STAP vehicle i green packaging were supposed to be. He had the toys before all his friends, which is why they loved to come over to play at his place. Lots of good memories he said.

The banner was given to his mom. I picked it up on my way to Action.
He even had a second one, which he offered me for another 15€.
Another happy landing!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2023, 03:03:03 AM »
I just remember looking wide and low for the white face Meena Tills. That one was going for crazy money on the bay at the time. Had a good collecting buddy get out of collecting and he sent me his white faced Meena. Still have it.

I also remember paying stupid money for that daggone lava vader target exclusive.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2023, 03:45:05 AM »
Tamer: I wasn't aware of all the variants of the ROTS line until you told me about them. I never collected figures to complete a line before. By now I try to complete the ROTS and TVC lines. I'm not going to complete TCW because there's just too much to collect. And many items have become crazy expensive. Well, TVC has surpassed 300 basic figures now...

And as you can see I have some gaps in the lines. Anakins and a couple other figures are missing, which I still need to get out of their zipper bags.
But I'm definitely missing III-61 Passel Argente and the grey Magna Guard.
Fortunately Mr Argente is still widely available in the bay for around $8.

Do you have all your ROTS figures still on card? Whenever I see the packaging it takes me back to 2005 when pegs were loaded with figures for $5.95 each.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2023, 02:25:36 AM »
In my first purge I sold most of them. Still kept a few (definitely that Lava Vader).

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2023, 02:32:45 AM »
I looked for some variants in the bay yesterday. TVC figures are more expensive by now...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2023, 02:48:36 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me. Doubt they go for the ridiculous prices they were back when this line was popular.