Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144730 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
Two more pics of the guards. I will take some final reveal pics of these guys with Fox, tomorrow.

One more pic of the more refined snow mando. He got touchup paint on his white armor plates today as well as some more black detail lines at the cracks. I have a little more white touchup to do on his left leg and still have to do touchups with the two brown colors. Notice that helmet that he is holding. It is a mix of resin helmets of Hollow JangoFett and Galactic Marine. I made that one for my snow mando but never use it and plan to include it as a pack-in with this fig. I haven't done any more painting on this fig's regular mando helmet and will work on it, tomorrow.

I picked up some new detail brushes at hobby lobby yesterday and wanted to show you one of them.
This is a Atlas brand 10/0 red sable brush and boy is it a tight one! I could have used this when I started the Fox figure, for sure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2009, 09:14:46 AM »
OK, time for some final reveal shots of Fox and his support troopers...................

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
More final reveal pics.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
I wish that i could have taken some of these gunship shots outside but the weather is kind of crappy, today.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:59 AM »
more shots.
  Wow, I'm glad to be done with these and I'm ready to move onto something else.
How bout you guys?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2009, 07:48:24 PM »
I told you about those plastic astromech inserts that I used to customize the other day. Well, I was digging around in some old picture files tonight and found some pics of two of them. This was a candy topper in the shape of R2 that was the perfict length to fit into the droid hole on a ROTS jedi star fighter or in this case, the arc-170 and not stick out too far like a real r2 figure would. I had painted up this one and cut off his dome but engineered it so that it could be held together and turn but be removable by a scratchbuilt peg system. I then filled both the body and the dome with wiring and other details so that it could be posed in a battle damaged state.
  In the first two pics, I was simulating battle damage caused by a laser blast by incorperating aluminum foil strips and the light from a laser pointer to create the effect. Man, the ebayers loved it.
the last pic shows a different one that I am searching for more pics of.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:50:50 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »
I have several things to show you tonight.
First up, I swapped out kamas on the legacy arc trooper with the one on the arc commander and painted the piping red so that it would go with the commander's red paintjob.
  I did this because I am using the trooper to make a Captain Rex figure but needed the commander's holstered kama also for the Rex figure.
The last shot shows the arc trooper, stripped of his kama, and pauldron, with flat white paint covering his yellow markings. here, his removable helmet looks a little large for the body but I'm confident that the bulk of the Kama and the yet to be made pauldron will take away from this.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2009, 05:42:25 PM »
I started painting the blue markings on Rex's body using some testors glossy blue that I had handy but couldnt stand the shine so I dug around in the paint stores, downstairs, and came up with some Pactra flat royal blue and painted over the glossy stuff. "I found some flat yellow also, Fett"
The first shot shows the glossy, the second shows the flat prior to touchups in white and the last two show after touchups in white.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
Ofcourse your eye is sharper than mine, but I think the helmet looks pretty good, not too big at all. Course I have regular vision, not supervision like you have Clint!
Supervision is what I do at work, or what I have after drinking too much. It looks a little bloated to me but wont after we get his accessories on, trust me. yes that was a clone commander pauldron that you seen in the lower left of that shot in the last post. The plan is to keep the right side shoulderpads and possibly scratchbuild the rest. I might leave the ring around the neck for support. We will see. Also, I might extend that optical device because as you will see in this photo from the CW visual guide that Rex's seems to protrude taller from his head than this fig's does.

In the last two shots, a couple of posts ago, I shared some pics of a couple of those R2 inserts that I told you about. Well I dug one of those out and was painting on it, today. See that marked and notched area onthe lower left of the body? That area needs to be cut out to clear a piece of framework that is in the droid hole in the ROTS JSF body so that this droid will fit down to the correct looking height.

After I cut this notch, I will dig out my JSF and take a pic to show you.

Thanks for the front page story on the Fox team, Shawn.  I still want to take an outside shot of em in that gunship.

Does anyone have a pic of Rex with his helmet off? I want to get his hair color right.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 06:22:20 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2009, 06:21:25 PM »
Well, so much for the droids, I guess.
I worked on Rex, a little, tonight. I touched up the blue markings to his arms especially in the forearm control area.
  I also took my first stab at his helmet's jeg's eyes. I have touchups in white to complete around the eyes and on the entire left side of the helmet so this is not what it will look like, Per-se.I will touch up those eyes and try to make them identical to each other and then take another look at it.
  Some of these pics are dark, I was in a hurry.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
That optical device on Rex's helmet  is bugging the hell out of me. After I get this helmet painting squared away, I am going to modify that thing.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
Does anyone have a pic of Rex with his helmet off? I want to get his hair color right.
It's basically the same color as the Animated figure, he has blond hair.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2009, 04:16:56 AM »
Ahh, another early day.
  Here are the pics of his Jeg eyes after I touched em up, a bit. I need to re-do the eyebrows and alter one of the eyes so that it more closely matches the other.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2009, 08:33:03 AM »
I'm not sure I understood your meaning, there, Lighuen.

Well, in an attempt to match the right jeg's eye, I have repainted the left one at least two or three times. Wow! that was more tedius of a chore than i thought it was going to be. The eyebrows/wrinkles may need to be reworked again but I tire of working on that part right now so I moved on to giving this clone a harcut. I had to shave off some of the plastic to emulate Rex's close cropped style of hair cut and he is starting to remind me of Proffesor x, now
  I will have to mix some paint to get his blond hair color and more than likely will have to mix some matching skin tone to touch up around the hair.

I've been thinking some more about the pauldron which will take some scratchbuilding and some modification to the clone commander's pauldron. I think that I will modify the helmet optical devicee after I get the hair looking right and then move on to the pauldron.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2009, 07:36:02 PM »
OK, if at first you don't succede, try try again, right? Tamer always said that I was a stickler for details.
 first pic shows helmet with old and new jeg eyes over each other. I just matched what I had and scooted them in.
Second shot shows new inboard eyes with old outboard eyes covered up.
In the third shot, I have thrown some blond hair color onto the head but havent touched it up yet.