Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144664 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #375 on: August 30, 2009, 03:28:49 PM »
more scuba mando ideas pics. that last one was just a goofy mix of parts on that joe EEL figure.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #376 on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
And, in an attempt to make the less popular two figures in the droid factory packs a little more enticing for an ebay auction, I painted the lightsabers of these Anakin and Darth Maul figures with neon paint and shot them here exposed to a black light.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #377 on: August 30, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
4 more black light shots.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
One of our members has requested a commission of a cw bly figure from me. Here, I am starting off with a cw Rex as a base. A complete repaint of the body was needed to give a good base for the golden markings to stick too and for the new kama color to stick too. I was also afraid that the dark stock color of his kama might take the dark tan color that I had chosen a shade darker than I liked. I have just cast the flip visor for him but havent brought it upstairs yet. I do, however, have quite a bit of the paintwork done on his resin-cast rex helmet.

At this point, I have a couple of coats of the dark tan applied to his kama and need to apply another one inside and out. I have used the same color to the three plates on his pauldron and will have to touch that piece up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »
Shots of the resin helmet.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »
Got some more paintwork done on the Bly body. I put another coat of white on him and got a couple of coats of his gold markings on the armor and on the piping of his kama. There are alot of touchups required at this point to get all of theedges of the markings straight. So far, this one is going right on track.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »
Two more shots for now

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #382 on: September 16, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
Yep, I just pretty much finished the touchups to the white and gold paint on him. Now I need to do the touchups to the brown and black. I will save the flip-visor work for last.

These shots are probably a bit dark. I will take some brighter ones in the lightbox, tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #383 on: September 16, 2009, 08:11:26 PM »
Some more bly shots

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #384 on: September 18, 2009, 06:25:43 AM »
I did a write up of that first Shadow RC with bigger pics and figured that I should post it here.

Here is a Republic Commando figure that I have painted up with the markings of a Shadow Clone Trooper. He features a Resin-cast head with a resin-cast Clone Wars flip visor that is pinned to his head using cut-off straight pins as posts. The Chain-gun is also a resin-cast item.
I used enamel neon red paint on both visors that have a reddish glowing effect when introduced to a black light.

Hi again mate i just finished going thru all your customs which took awhile...days if i read everything lol... WOW awesome mate fantastic work and great attention to detail you are a master, i love how you do your own resin casts, just a quick Question.... I am after Battlefront 2 , 501st jet packs and i was wondering if they are too tricky to cast? as i would really love to get a few of them like 10/15 to start off with, i have looked at your ebay store a few times now hoping they would pop up and then just now seeing your resin mando jet back i thought i would ask

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #385 on: September 20, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »
Got a chance to work on the Bly figure's visor, last night and a bit this morning. I got the resin cast visor cleaned up and test fit it with bly's helmet some to make sure it had the room it needed in all the right places. I then located and drilled the holes in the side of the helmet which will receive the cut-off straight pins that will serve as the posts for the flip-visor. I got a coat of white paint on the resin piece and need to coat it again prior to painting the black on the visor and then mount the piece.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »

Clonehead..You've been hangarbay'd

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Clonehead..You've been hangarbay'd
Awww, so I am your first victim, eh, you old dog, LOL? I just love it, Jules and I am honored! Consider it on the front page.
Feel free to scrounge for photo fodder in my customs or diorama threads anytime.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »
got some update shots of the Bly project here. I cut the ends off of two straight pins and preformed the tedious chore of gluing them into the holes that I drilled into the helmet, through the visor ears. Now, the visor is in place and positionable. Now, I have to do some touch up painting to the visor and the helmet and need to paint the black part of the visor. I also have the requested mini gun cast, cleaned up, and assembled for this figure, I will get it painted tomorrow.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2009, 08:59:23 PM »
more pics