Author Topic: Jedi Minstrel Customs (Last Update 6/25/11)  (Read 58943 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs (Jedi/Mando Jusik 4/23/11)
« Reply #630 on: April 24, 2011, 07:49:11 AM »
I have been waiting for someone to do that figure. It rocks, I can only hope Hasbro will make one for a guy like me. Doubt it will be as good as this one looks just spot on with the coloring and that helmet looks great to me.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #631 on: April 24, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
Happy Easter!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #632 on: April 24, 2011, 08:48:02 AM »
I have been waiting for someone to do that figure. It rocks, I can only hope Hasbro will make one for a guy like me. Doubt it will be as good as this one looks just spot on with the coloring and that helmet looks great to me.

Thank you.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #633 on: April 24, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
Cool custom!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #634 on: April 25, 2011, 09:59:05 AM »
Love seeing new updates on the Republic Commando characters; it's starting to become a habit to check your work every day to see what else will pop up! 

Jusik looks good; nice before/after pics!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #635 on: April 25, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
Love seeing new updates on the Republic Commando characters; it's starting to become a habit to check your work every day to see what else will pop up! 

Jusik looks good; nice before/after pics!

Thanks.  Funny you said that.  I've been working on a Besany tonight but nothing's going the way I imagine it.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2011, 01:05:34 AM »
awesome customs, Julie is my fave, she is just great - I love this heavy outfit :)
great work!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: Jedi Minstrel Customs (Imperial Knights 4/29/11)
« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2011, 11:05:27 PM »
Here are some simple head swaps.  I'm not a big Legacy person only because, it's a money and space issue (you all understand).  But i am diggin some of the characters I come across when I do get a chance to pick up a comic book.  Anyway here're some Knights.  I'm not sure how the two aliens would normally be received, as I have only seen humans.  If you know the answer, please share.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #638 on: April 30, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
WOWSA!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #639 on: April 30, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »
KOOLNESS!!!!!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #640 on: April 30, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
Kra'tee Sur and Jed li Turan were partners in the Recon Scouts. 

Turan had just finished at the Aldera University and was celebrating with friends on Commenor when his homeworld was destroyed.  Upon news of Alderaan's destruction, he contacted a family friend known to have Rebel sympathies.  He joined the Rebellion and thanks to his outdoor activities growing up, military school, and participation with his university's ROTC, made it into the Recon Scouts.  He turned down the offer of Lt. saying that he needed to earn it in the field.

Kra'tee Sur had Rebel friends that were killed in front of him and other family members when they came to visit and recruit for the Rebellion.  His friends were followed by Imperial agents that wanted to make an example of them.  Instead, Kra'tee and others joined with the blessing of their families and hopes that they would make a safer return. 

After fighting with the Recon Scouts for a couple of years, Sur had become a hardened soldier but still befriended Turan when he joined the Scouts.  Along with the rest of their unit, they received many commendations.  But the greatest was at the establishment of the New Republic they felt they could finally bury some of their ghosts.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #641 on: April 30, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »
Benjin Duferin did not quite leave the Order but felt he needed to explore the galaxy and find his own Truths.  Upon the outbreak of the Clone Wars, he was near the Getron Rift and stayed in the area.  He was following the path the Force gave him which was to aid those in this part of the galaxy.  Rarely did he tell others he was a Jedi.  When Order 66 was issued, he was aiding a community of reptilian forest dwellers from some Hutt land developers.  The Krrreeti appreciated his aid and invited him to stay for a while, knowing that he was a nomad.  He stayed for months until he came across members of the Alliance to Restore The Republic that crash landed near a Krrreeti village.  Upon news of the newly formed Empire, he was hesitant to mention his identity as a Jedi.  Instead, he told them that he would help them repair their ship and join them and their struggle.  Ten years before the Battle of Yavin, he revealed his background to Bail Organa.  Just before he and Organa were to approach the leaders of this great news, Duferin was killed on a mission saving some of his men.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #642 on: April 30, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
JM--Interesting take on the Imp Knights!

FYI: In the comic, Antares Draco's former master was an Iktotchi, so I guess the Legacy Empire is okay with alien serving in their ranks...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #643 on: April 30, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
JM--Interesting take on the Imp Knights!

FYI: In the comic, Antares Draco's former master was an Iktotchi, so I guess the Legacy Empire is okay with alien serving in their ranks...

Thanks.  I actually found that in Wookieepedia after I posted these pics.  I'll try to do more research before I do a project like this again.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #644 on: May 01, 2011, 04:09:54 AM »
Didn't want you to think I was criticizing anything in your work in my last post; your comment on aliens among the Imps made me think of that though...