Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 21782 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2022, 12:37:02 PM »
 Its one of those rare instances where the show might not be great, at least for the TVC age demographic, but the figures would still be cool.
I think hasbro thinks a kid show isn't going to intrest adults, so they didn't plan to make any figures. Tamer I remember you asked about them, and they were like stunned.  So now about a year later, the time it takes to develop a figure, they're starting to make them. I'm curious if Hunter with have season 2 deco or season 1.
Personally I need them to fight my Imperial army. I'm getting more into toy photography, so close quarters fighters like Hunter or wrecker would be great for that.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2022, 02:59:42 PM »
In this case, its a show I don't necessarily like but would like to have figures from. And that makes me more excited about the next season and what could happen.

You nailed how I feel about this show. I'm looking forward to build a diorama once the Bad Batch is complete in TVC.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2022, 05:52:51 AM »
Tamer I remember you asked about them, and they were like stunned. 

Yeah, gotta wonder why it was so under represented in the 3.75" line up. I mean we had the Bad Batch 4 pack, but how many were the squad? I mean can't something come naturally to the Big H?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2022, 03:38:40 AM »
To get through the time until Mando Season 3, I hope the second season of the BB will be a little less Erica, but more serious instead. Like JDeck, I've become a big fan of head-cannon and once we get the crew in TVC, I'm going to display them along with Delta and Omega Squad. Meanwhile I listen to some soundtracks and epic versions by Samuel Kim Music:

Star Wars: The Bad Batch Theme | EPIC VERSION

Both the artwork and the theme itself make me want to play Republic Commando, again. I so hoped that the TV show had rather the same seriousness of the videogame.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 04:10:18 AM by Darth More »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2022, 04:07:53 PM »
Maybe omega will go thru puberty, realize that it's more fun to go to the drive in movie theater,
run off with her new imperial cadet boyfriend and discover her true calling.

Then the BB boys can say whew, it's about time. Now let's go kick some Imperial Butt!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2022, 02:53:56 AM »
I have to admit if they go all ga ga over Omega again I think I am out.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2022, 06:16:28 PM »
Tamer, as much as I wish that you were correct you know this new season will be ALL ABOUT omega. Probably a little of the BB thrown in but the big O will still be the main focal point.
That's why I have absolutely no excitement for this season at all.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2022, 03:04:19 AM »
Yeah, I just watched the trailer again this morning.

Doubt I get into this much. Guess its new Star Wars, but meh!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2022, 03:44:56 AM »
Yeah, didn't they mention that Omega is in her 30s? She still looks like a child and also acts like one, though.
I didn't even recognize that one could say The Mandalorian has been a baby sitting show so far. I heard that on one of the many YouTube reviews. But the Bad Batch was all about Omega and the baby sitting thing was just in our faces. I guess that pushed me away from the show rather quickly and I'm not going to watch the second season if it continues being all about her. I think there's nothing wrong about Omega as a character, it's just the wrong show for her.

Same with BOBF and Kenobi (with BIG TIME babysitting) - both main characters were rather side figures and way out of place in the way they were portrayed. It's mind-boggling how out of touch Disney is with original Star Wars fans. And it's a crying shame that the entire film industry seems to have run out of creativity, good story writing and telling and also of good directors. At least they'll never run out of cocaine I guess.

Let's see where this goes. I'm off to play some Republic Commando tonight. Have a great weekend everyone!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 03:47:22 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2022, 04:50:50 AM »
I guess the sad thing is I love the interaction with Djin and Grogu in the Mandalorian, but I only want that for that show; not all the other ones too.

It is like Disney gets something that works really good in one show and then just copies the heck out of it until it gets lame everywhere. And is it just me or is their no new original content, just rehashed plots and storylines from yesteryear?

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2022, 09:22:35 PM »
Your absolutely right Tamer. Dudsney has no original thinkers or ideas. But we shouldn't be surprised. Just look at who is running the StarWars division of the rabid rodent.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2022, 06:08:23 AM »
I just feel like I am bashing stuff lately, but I really do want to like it. I really do.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2022, 09:20:14 AM »
I guess the sad thing is I love the interaction with Djin and Grogu in the Mandalorian, but I only want that for that show; not all the other ones too.

It is like Disney gets something that works really good in one show and then just copies the heck out of it until it gets lame everywhere. And is it just me or is their no new original content, just rehashed plots and storylines from yesteryear?

Please don't feel bad for liking that Din protects Grogu. His character is a brilliant design. If you were the only one who likes the show for this and other reasons, the aw-effect for Baby Yoda wouldn't have brought Disney's LFL and Hasbro tens of millions of dollars!
And you are right, they never change a winning team and adapt it for their other shows.

I just feel like I am bashing stuff lately, but I really do want to like it. I really do.

No, I don't think so. We all try to enjoy the new content. I should probably stop thinking what could've been. Instead, the audience should probably just stop thinking and only consume what they produce. Same with The Rings of Power. I think it's also not fair to compare it with the original Lord of the Rings. The trilogy as well as the Lucas' work is just one of a kind. But if it's been done once, I think it's not impossible to achieve such a quality, again. It just needs time, some major inspiration and a smart mind. Profit and (agenda) politics should not be part of the game. It'll succeed, if the director can work without too much pressure. I think.

This morning I read a quote: We live in a time, in which intelligence is silenced so that stupidity is not insulted.

Reminds me of Idiocracy - such a brilliant movie that has never felt more real.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:22:36 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2022, 03:00:07 AM »
As we wait one more day for the premiere of Andor I am left with a feeling of hey at least we get new Star Wars. For once I am not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2022, 03:36:10 AM »
Season 2 Trailer for the Bad Batch is live!

Looks like the boys & girl are back in black orange! That'll make for some easy repaints for Hasbro.
Cause that's what they love the most, right?

Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Season 2 Teaser Trailer | Disney+
double-click for full screen view