Author Topic: Walmart  (Read 39313 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Walmart
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2012, 12:49:28 PM »
I was cruising the star wars isle in one of my kc walmarts and came across this tag in the clone wars section showing a roll back price of $3.90 for a cw arf trooper figure. I scrounged around and picked out their last three.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
Sweet Price Clint.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
Same here Clint! Got one ARF and one Rex!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2013, 07:01:58 AM »
Alright Wally world, it's your turn.

What I have for a while now known to be a wasted trip proved it self again the other day as I made the fruitless trip down the action figure isle at my local walmart hoping to find some new star wars or gi-joe figures. The isle has looked like it was ready to be reset for a couple of weeks now with no pegs designated for joes and the same crap in the star wars section with no new clone wars figures and the same phantom menace wave of star wars figures that should of went the way of the clearance isle a year ago. It's a terrible circle you and Hasbro are making here. If you dont move and replace your old stock, hasbro wont make any more. if they dont make any more, you wont get any more. Either way, it's the collectors like me who suffer. If you are wondering why the action figure collecting public is turning to the internet to buy their figures and not your store or certainly not your site, walmart corporate heads, its because you dont carry anything  worth buying. Are you really not going to carry the new gi joe lines as well? You alone seem to be the reason that the good figures are so hard to find.

Shape up or find someone else to frequent your toy isles. I'm not inclined to waste my time there anymore.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
Kinda like I said in the Target report. I think they are just too far removed from the process.

and then we get to hear we make these decisions in the interest of kids. Yeah right.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #200 on: January 27, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »
Same thing at my Walmart.  Just the same figures sitting on the same pegs untouched for the past few months. 
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28:16 PM »
Same thing at my Walmart.  Just the same figures sitting on the same pegs untouched for the past few months.  
Do they really think that they are going to move that stuff, Dan? Have they even been monitoring it?

Dan, go to your walmart right now and move all of their star wars action figures to the clearance isle, Just as a forceful suggestion. Perhaps an associate will wonder along and put a red sticker on each of em. Perhaps some stock man will make his bi-monthly rounds and noticing the empty pegs, will mark a check on his clipboard to go ahead and break out that second dusty case of phantom menace wave figures out from under the coffee pot back in the stock room.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:29:54 PM by Clonehead »

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »
Do they really think that they are going to move that stuff, Dan? Have they even been monitoring it?

I think I've all but given up on retail stores in my area.  Ever since they shut down the TRU closest to my home, the only store I frequented and had luck at, I can't find a thing.  (Albeit I had to do it by bike on the mornings they got truck in or else somebody would snatch up the good figs, but still, I at least found something.)  There's nothing out there anymore, whether it's at Target, ToysRus, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc...  Nobody touches their pegs anymore as long as there's stock sitting on them.  It sucks, and it's not like I'd prefer to go onto eBay or any other site because the good items that Hasbro should be mass-producing instead of what they've been pumpign out now just get bid on through the roof.  I don't mean to complain, but it's not like I can pay top dollar just for one fig.  I'm a kid, like Hasbro claims to be targeting, and even I'm not content with how they're managing their fig production/distribution.  Like Shawn said, it's depressing.  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:03:53 PM by UnitedStatesDemocrat »
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2013, 06:29:55 AM »
Clint sent me this picture of a wal-mart near where he is staying this weekend via phone and it is quite alarming:

Is anyone else seeing their wal-mart SW Sections reset to nothing?

For me this would mean I would be in dire straits as the only SW Retails stores I have are Wally Worlds. I have to make a two hour run to get to stores like Toysrus or Target. I am already bummed because WM is not carrying the six inch line, but now they might go to no SW altogether?  :'(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:33:35 AM by Tamer »

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
My store reset they moved the starwars to a different part of the aisle even tho the star wars banner was still on the old spot.
And they had everythinh but six inchers

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »
I hope thats all this is, but Clint is pretty good at sniffing out the SW stuff!

Spookymufu

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »
My store reset they moved the starwars to a different part of the aisle even tho the star wars banner was still on the old spot.
And they had everythinh but six inchers

WM isnt carrying the 6" line so you wont find them there.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2013, 08:34:44 AM »
Thanks for posting that shot, Shawn. I found a few sw figures in the clearance isle but no dedicated Star Wars section or any pegs marked as such. No joes either but I don't remember this store ever carrying them.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
Bec's store just reset their toy modular and SW is gone.  All the Sandstorm Scene wave & TCW figs are up in the the clearance area, red-tagged as d/c'd but not marked down.  Lotta Lego sets are steeply marked down - SW and older City sets.  I grabbed the last John Deere Mega-bloks set tagged at almost 50% off.

TMNT is big, wrestling is big, SW & GI Joe are gone (well, they never HAD Joes here), Marvel/Iron Man are trimmed WAY back.  Even Superman is trimmed.  Batman, untouched. (those wretched POS figs...)

Sad.  Just sad.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2013, 05:26:25 PM »
I am really hoping this is just a periodic event never to repeat itself as I really have no close stores except Wal-Mart.