Author Topic: Walmart  (Read 38963 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Walmart
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
I was in a walmart today and seen an empty shelf with a SW deluxe vehicle tag for $64.95.  I even took the tag to a handy bar code scanner to investigate but was told no more info.   Since I haven't seen any shadow arc 170s at a walmart, I was wondering if this might have been a y-wing that I had missed.
  Any of you yarders see a walmart with a vehicle on the shelf for this price?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Walmart
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »
not yet...

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
Haven't seen that price either, but I'll check some more.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 10:59:40 AM »
Clone, I saw one last night too! Same deal - empty shelf space, but the tag clearly read SW VEHIC DLXE or something to that effect. I want to say the price was $64.88 for some reason, but it may have been $64.95. I did note that the tag was dated 8/17, so this is definitely something new. The price fits, and I can't think of any other big vehicles slated for release at this time.

It looked like they were in the middle of another aisle re-org (seems like they are always in flux), so I am hoping these will be put out any day. I am checking back regularly. (Hit another WM this morning - no tag, but I have another run slated to a different location at lunch, so we'll see)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »
Seen the tag at another Walmart today. Still no idea what it is but it should be stocked
Soon.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »
I've now been to 4 of the 5 local Wal-Marts and only 1 had this tag up - I confirmed again last night - Star Wars Deluxe Vehicle $64.88.

I tried scanning the UPC code too at one of the self-help kiosks but it did not register.

They also had a Xerox of display blueprints clearly showing this item's location and some kind of # like 91350 or something like that. Is that a SKU you think?

This store is now on my every-other day rotation until that bad boy Y-Wing arrives...

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »
Here the only thing I have seen priced like this was clearly for a LEGO vehicle as it was surrounded by..... LEGO vehicles.
Nothing of note new out here.
The Obi and Clone pack with the ARC, Scuba and Heavy Gunner was on the shelves in Kmart at a whopping $27.99 and that is about all. They were the only place with well stocked shelves and their figs are priced at $8.49 or more. And the comic packs Doc wanted with the Imp Knights and the Shysa and Dala figs were there at $14.99 each. Lots of the fishhead and Sunber comic packs at our WM for $12.59, but that was all. Absolutely no new SW.
Lots and Lots of GI JOE, all figs and vehicles released now (since i did my research to be in the know) but nothing my wife or son would let grab me and force me to buy. I really dont like shopping with these people much any more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »
I am watching three stores now that are all geared up for a reset. At the wife's store they have rearanged and have now allotted twice as much space for star wars. This stuff is hitting soon!

Watch the clearance isles as with this new reset, alot of overflow is making it to clearance.
I seen unleashed bps for $5 missmarked mighty muggs for $1.50 and comic packs for $10.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 08:09:18 PM »
Sadly, I think they mystery has been resolved. That tag is for the Shadow ARC-170...I saw them last night at one of the outlying Walmarts...1st time I have seen this item stocked at any Walmart. Price fits too, dammit.

So it could still be October before we see the Y-Wing...BOOO!

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
i saw the shadow arc 170 at target a week ago

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »
Yep, it was the shadow arc that belonged to the mystery tag. I see on Target.com where they say that the y-wing is available in some stores but couldnt find one today. Can Walmart be too far behind?

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »
Let's hope not.

Most of the stores on my run don't even have space for a Y-Wing right now. TRU does now that they've created that monstrous new display, but they are among the WORST retail outlets for getting new stuff around here.

I've backed off my Wal-Mart patrols, but I am still hitting them all once a week just to stay current.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »
I will check the one at Warsaw when I go to the lake this weekend. The blue springs store didnt have anything new.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 06:51:52 PM »
Today I finally saw and held the packaging for the Phase III Darktrooper BAD set with Corran Horn and Whistler and General Grievous and his droid companion( dont know who it was right now)......
and somebody had stolen the BAD Darktrooper parts.
So obviously I didnt get them..... and still havent seen the parts to build it.
Only real new thing was the Shadow ARC-170.
There is always the weekend...

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
i will try to go to wallly world and  take a pic of this price thing and send it to you onmy you tube mail thing i will notifi you when i get to wally world k