Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186169 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1275 on: January 06, 2024, 01:01:16 AM »
I like your version of the Grand Inquisitor much better! Vastly superior to the original.  vadsab

Thanks so much! I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, and prefer him as well.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1276 on: January 06, 2024, 01:01:56 AM »
Wow, now that is the way to bring in the New Year. Awesome.

Off to share these!

Thanks, Tamer - Happy New Year!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1277 on: January 06, 2024, 01:02:39 AM »
These are awesome customs mate!

Thanks! Glad you like 'em.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1278 on: January 06, 2024, 01:08:47 AM »
Twelfth Day of Christmas
(well, its a couple minutes past midnight my time. Ran out of hours today - something about work...

Lobot - after the retaking of Bespin, Lobot put his unique capacities to work. His ability to interface with computers and do rapid computations made him a highly sought after consultant to numerous business and government interests. He travels often, but can often be seen around Coruscant advising politicians and lobbyists.

Pretty simple - Lobot head and Playmates 3.75" movie Spock.
If I have time, I may take a group shot tomorrow (well, later today) and might possibly be able to provide an Epiphany ("Three Kings Day") custom to boot.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1279 on: January 07, 2024, 02:28:57 AM »
Sorry, I'm late to the party. Day 7, 9, 10 and 11 are my favorites!
Love the alien characters 7 & 9. The inquisitor is a vast improvement, indeed! And the female custom looks great! Reminds me of an Egyptian woman.
Great stuff, I'm looking for the group picture and hope your job allows you more free time, soon.
Thanks for still sharing your customs even though it' late at night.
I was going to make some customs over the Holidays, but Christmas and New Year's kept me way to busy with family & friends.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1280 on: January 07, 2024, 09:21:30 PM »
Thanks, Philipp. Happy New Year to you! Glad you like the aliens, I'm always looking to expand their ranks. Yes, Shebu was inspired by a random anime Eygptian inspired drawing I saw, so that is exactly the trajectory I was on with her.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1281 on: January 08, 2024, 05:15:38 AM »
Nice I always wondered what happened to Lobot.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1282 on: January 08, 2024, 06:17:49 PM »
Nice I always wondered what happened to Lobot.

Off to share.

Thanks, Tamer! There are some stories about him teaming up with Lando later in the EU (or other media), but they're kind of "meh" for me, so I just went my own direction with him.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1283 on: January 12, 2024, 12:08:13 PM »
Your Lobot looks so formal now haha. Where did you get those trees in the background? Those are very cool too.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1284 on: January 13, 2024, 12:54:29 AM »
Your Lobot looks so formal now haha. Where did you get those trees in the background? Those are very cool too.

Thanks RC - they were a "terrain" purchase for tabletop wargaming on sale at Hobby Lobby a year ago or so.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1285 on: February 02, 2024, 06:29:12 PM »
Whew, after the twelve days of customs, I found myself catching up to the new year. I've got a fair number of partially finished projects that I hope to get to before too long, in the meantime I did manage to build these:

Thi Serral – A Kel Dor from Dorin, Thi hailed from a traditionalist family. Though no longer influential or wealthy, the Serral family had a proud history on Dorin. Finding Thi to be Force sensitive, she was sent to be trained by the Baran Do. Both gifted and determined, Thi sensed that the Force was guiding her to the stars for the greater good of her family and maybe even her people. She is an expert tracker (and handy with a blaster) and is often hired by bounty hunters, law enforcement and others. She sends a large part of her commissions home to help her family’s financial well-being. While not the path her parents would have chosen, they are nevertheless proud of their daughter and the fact that she is adding to the family legacy.

Recipe:
Head = Saga Plo Koon
Arms and jacket = TVC Hera
Rest = Dr. Aphra

Bileenka – Female Toydarian. Her mother was first cousin to King Katuunko and her father from an old and powerful noble family. When Savage Opress assassinated the king, it initiated a period of instability on Toydaria, with political families trying to gain influence over the crown. Knowing they were targets of other jealous families, Bileenka’s parent were concerned she would be harmed or kidnapped. So they hired a pilot and ship to fly her and her nanny to safety. Unfortunately, the pilot was unscrupulous and decided to keep all the supplies and a few treasures they were traveling with. Fortunately, he wasn’t the worst kind of unscrupulous and didn’t sell them as slaves, he simply dropped them off at the first convenient backward planet – Farsolax. The pilot was eventually found by mercenaries hired to kidnap Bileenka, but not finding their target, they killed the pilot. Bileenka’s family was consequently not able to find her, and she grew up on Farsolax. She always thought that her “mom’s” stories were just to entertain, not that they were actually family history. She lives on the banks of Clearwater Lake and plays mother to Yahbow.

Recipe:
Base figure = Watto (Episode one)
Topknot = Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior (now scalped)
Knit sweater and leg warmers = Trolls Band Together (Queen Poppy? - I know nothing about these, just thought the outift would work)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 05:54:12 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1286 on: February 03, 2024, 05:52:55 PM »
Took a couple of weeks, but I finally got a group shot of the "12 Days of Christmas" customs 2023/2024 (I was tempted to add the two from yesterday, but...nah):

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 06:48:32 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1287 on: February 03, 2024, 08:43:36 PM »
Awesome group of guys. I've been lurking and following your work, but got lazy i guess. Anyhows. They're all great I especially like the klatooinian great mashup.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1288 on: February 03, 2024, 10:44:33 PM »
Thanks, JDeck. Glad to know you're still out there  ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1289 on: February 04, 2024, 07:09:39 AM »