Author Topic: Galgrebaa Spaceport.  (Read 31477 times)

Offline dystoypianplaygrounds

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Galgrebaa Spaceport.
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2022, 08:13:07 AM »
I absolute love all the found parts and scratch builds...all so inspiring. I need to start taking more photos of my stuff and start my own thread as well.

Such an awesome group of makers on this board

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »
I absolute love all the found parts and scratch builds...all so inspiring. I need to start taking more photos of my stuff and start my own thread as well.

Such an awesome group of makers on this board

Thank you! Yeah id like to see your creations. There is indeed a lot of talent on this forum.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2023, 06:42:37 PM »
   I've started reworking my Wacky Packages Bodega, using the Mini Brands shelves. I bought the grocery store kit and the convenience store kit, and kind of mashed them up. I used foamcore for the walls and XPS foam for the floor.  Painted with white paint and modge podge and weathered using WS watercolor. The decals and back door are from relivingthepastagain on ebay, along with some other decals I had. Just need to make a few final touches and the interior is done. I'll use the same exterior I started on, a long time ago.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:10:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2023, 01:04:16 AM »
I love that! The display shelves are great and the other bits - microwave, etc. are simply too fun! I also really like the Space Invaders video game...so cool! Nice, new design. Glad to see you back to Galgrebaa!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 01:18:52 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2023, 02:08:38 AM »
I with you Starchaser, that's a neat arrangement. Nice use of the bar counter for all the cool accessories. Did you find the kitchen devices and food on ebay? I've seen many different ones in 1/12 scale on AliExpress, but also in 1/18 and 1/24 scale. That arcade is a really nice touch and reminds me of Clonehead's amazing project. I'm happy you found some time for your Spaceport, again! In a couple weeks I'll be back at the workbench, too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2023, 03:56:15 AM »
Love the kiosk feel of this. Nice. Weird Science rules.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2023, 07:41:10 AM »
I love that! The display shelves are great and the other bits - microwave, etc. are simply too fun! I also really like the Space Invaders video game...so cool! Nice, new design. Glad to see you back to Galgrebaa!

Thank you! I put everything on hold because I wasn't sure how to display it. Now that I've decided to use another Gladiator 24×48×72 5-tier shelf, I can go bang busters on it. My buildings have mostly been 1 cubic foot, so 3 or 4 buildings per shelf, and I can put the RazorCrest docking bay on top. It'll be snug with 2 inches front and back and 9 inches on the sides to spare, if placed directly in the middle. I guess I'll get the N1 too, put it on either the bottom shelf or second from top. It's all modular to I can take it off and set up a photoshoot.

I with you Starchaser, that's a neat arrangement. Nice use of the bar counter for all the cool accessories. Did you find the kitchen devices and food on ebay? I've seen many different ones in 1/12 scale on AliExpress, but also in 1/18 and 1/24 scale. That arcade is a really nice touch and reminds me of Clonehead's amazing project. I'm happy you found some time for your Spaceport, again! In a couple weeks I'll be back at the workbench, too!

Thank you. The shelves, register, drink dispensers and microwave were all from the Mini Brands stores.
Look forward to what you got going on.

Love the kiosk feel of this. Nice. Weird Science rules.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you! I get most of my inspiration from these convenience stores in the hood I go to. This one, I don't even go to anymore, because he was paying me in loose change, like $300 in change. But it worked out because someone got shot out there the other day in broad daylight. I don't need to be going over there. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2023, 12:41:53 PM »
FYI everyone, those Mini Brand sets are available on Amazon.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2023, 02:38:01 PM »
Thank you so much JDeck and Starchaser! What a smart move by all the brand managers to directly aim at kids. Twinkies must not be missing at any Space Port for sure.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2023, 04:56:59 PM »
Thank you so much JDeck and Starchaser! What a smart move by all the brand managers to directly aim at kids. Twinkies must not be missing at any Space Port for sure.

I use Wacky Packages minis instead of mini brands. They're satirical punny brands like instead of Cap'n Crunch it's Cap'n Crud, or Ratz Crackers instead of Ritz. I imagine aliens eat really wierd food. Like a Wookiee might eat Alpoo dog food or something.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2023, 07:59:37 PM »
That looks very cool mate, well done.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2023, 04:08:51 AM »
Don't want to jack JDeck's thread, but here is a link to the mini brands stuff:

https://amzn.to/3YrOdNa

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2024, 06:25:49 PM »
I got the N1 on an ebay auction for half price minus the Din figure. I figured I'd repaint it into a hotrod N1. I decided on red, like a Ferrari, it gives it more contrast than chrome on silver on grey. I just masked some of the parts, sanded the plastic sheen off and sprayed it with Liquitex medium red, then alternated with Tamiya hull red for a weathered variation in color. I touched up some of the spots where paint bled through the tape seams. Maybe I'll add some washes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 06:28:00 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2024, 07:45:50 PM »
I think changing up the paint color was a great idea. The red looks really excellent. If its a "hotrod" don't dirty it too much, maybe the owner actually washes his/her super speedy starship. Maybe you can call it the Orbak (Ferrari uses the mustang, so why not space horses). ;D

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2024, 08:49:44 PM »
Yeah one trend I like are "barn fresh" hotrods. They take an old car that's been sitting in a barn for decades, the rod it out but keep the body untouched. So it has faded paint, surface rust etcetera and they just add a clear coat to protect it. I might add a tiny ferrari decal or something for flare.
You know I'm half tempted to repaint the Crest like a breadtruck lol.
Paint jobs in star wars don't last long lol. Look at boba fett, he puts a fresh coat of paint on his armor and the next episode it's already chipped up. They don't have primer i guess.