Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54179 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: ESB - Stormtrooper
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2017, 03:03:00 AM »
Great livestream image, I am gonna go share that all over.

And yours is uncanny how close it is. Maybe they used yours as the design!

Off to share the Stormtrooper too.

Lots of info in this post!
Thanks Tamer! :) I don't think that I was the main source of inspiration, especially since there are a few people out there who produce(d) this card - but maybe they at least took a small hint from the customizing community this time and added it to the voices of all the people who wanted TVC to return...wouldn't that be cool? :) I have to say I'm not totally happy with their logo choice, though...why not use the movie logo?

Very nice work on ANH Leia (Ceremony) and the ESB Stormtrooper!! They look excellent as always!
Thanks a lot Philipp! :)

I am also celebrating the return of the Vintage Collection next year and hope they will be of the same quality as they were when the line stopped in 2012...at the start of the Black Series there was some significant difference in quality (paint apps, packaging/blisters, sculpts, variety...!). You probably all know what I mean...
Definitely. But I'm quite hopeful regarding this, since Hasbro's figure quality has increased again in the meantime. I've even taken quite a liking to the 5POA Rogue One figures because of the great sculpts....but only when they're on card where the static poses don't matter... ;)

I'm currently progressing/looping through the OT movies, so after ANH and ESB, here's a ROTJ card... Custom designs are always fun, but I still want to have modern equivalents for all of Kenners's vintage figure offerings one day - so here's Malakili, Jabba's Rancor Keeper:

Next up...SW again. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:06:53 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: ROTJ - Malakili
« Reply #211 on: April 18, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
Another great artwork on the Vintage Card! Malakili is actually one of my favourite figures of the Legacy Collection!

And I agree with you! Although I am not a fan of 5POA at all, I still like the idea of "Vintage nostalgia" - this was one of Hasbro's points when they (re-)introduced the 5POA Figures. It's obvious that they primarily wanted/had to cut production costs...

But as you said most the sculpts of Hasbro's figures are very nice, indeed! Some of the details only come out when you customize/repaint them, though.
And all of them look superb on your custom vintage cards!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2017, 02:33:30 AM »
Malakili looks good on the front pages. At least you can keep us satiated till TVC comes back!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »
Excellent as always ! That is a future card of mine as well !

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »
Thanks people! ;D

Malakili looks good on the front pages. At least you can keep us satiated till TVC comes back!
Lol...thanks Tamer. Now I feel like a stopgap... ;) (just joking ;) ) But seriously, I think even after spring 2018 there'll be more than enough chances for cool/interesting customs... :)

Let's return to Star Wars again...this was a fun figure I wanted to do for quite some time:

STAR WARS - Chewbacca (Yavin Ceremony)

Like many fans I thought it a pity that Chewie never received a medal after the Battle of Yavin. Fortunately "Star Wars Revisited", which I consider as the definitive version of SW (next to the "Despecialized Edition", of course), fixed this. ;) The figure itself was easy to do, I removed the head with boil-and-pop, shortened the head peg slightly, gave him his medal, reattached the head...et voila. :)
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: SW - Chewbacca (Yavin Ceremony)
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2017, 02:37:46 AM »
Wow another nice version. Nice to see him with the medal. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »
Its about time he got his medal with a carded figure !!!! lol  Another great card ! keep them coming

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »
Yes finally chewy gets the gold. Very awesome. You gotta be stoked about TVC returning. Ive always enjoyed these. Keep em coming.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »
Thanks you guys - especially you, Tamer, for the share! :D

You gotta be stoked about TVC returning. Ive always enjoyed these. Keep em coming.
I definitely am... ;) I don't know how many times I've watched the reveal video from SWCO so far...it gives me goosebumps every single time... :D

I'll definitely keep 'em coming, no worries... ;) I've just done a "head count" this weekend, if I didn't miscount I'm currently at 143 completed customs...and more are on the way... :D Speaking of which:

EMPIRE STRIKE BACK - Luke Skywalker (Wampa Cave)

Luke's always the one hanging around....with his friends at Tosche Station....at Chalmun's Cantina...on Hoth... ;) This was a fun figure to do, I thought it appropriate to rotate it 180° so it matches the picture better... ;) Apart from that it's a standard Black Series Hasbro figure on one of my custom cardbacks... :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:30:53 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: ESB - Luke Skywalker (Wampa Cave)
« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2017, 02:31:45 AM »
You are really doing these up great and catching all the perfect angles and nuances as you card them. Off to share the latest.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: ESB - Luke Skywalker (Wampa Cave)
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »
You are really doing these up great and catching all the perfect angles and nuances as you card them. Off to share the latest.
Thanks a lot Shawn! :)

Next up - ROTJ again. :) Kenner had an X-Wing pilot (Luke), a B-Wing pilot...and an A-Wing pilot. However, one of the most important Rebel Alliance fighter pilots was missing... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: ROTJ- Y-Wing Pilot
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »
Looks awesome. Man, would love to see this on the pegs. Off to share.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »
BF, that Y-Wing Pilot Card is Fantastic

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2017, 02:36:45 AM »
So beautiful, brings a tear to your eye. Wow. Off to share.