Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54172 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Rebel Commander + Admiral Piett
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2016, 01:51:40 AM »
Wow, love em. Especially that Piett. Time to go share.

I will get that Hoth Commander on the fp soon too.

Love, love, love this project. Keep em coming!
Thank you Tamer, for the kind words as well as all that sharing! :) I definitely will continue...actually I already have several more figures in the works, the next wave of TFA cardbacks's almost finished (#31 - #40)...I'm really having lots of fun with this project at the moment... :)

Loving your cards as well ! Especially the minor backround characters ! Keep them coming
Thanks Artie! Hope you're not referring to Piett with that, he thinks he's quite important and apt to take offence....lol. ;)
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Rebel Commander + Admiral Piett
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2016, 12:51:47 PM »
I've finally completed the fourth wave of vintage TFA cardbacks - #31 - #40. :) Will work on an updated reverse side with all 40 figures next. I'm really happy with the results, especially Maz and the Resistance Rey. Looking very much forward to getting all those carded soon, I hope you like them as well...

BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: TFA vintage-style cardbacks #31 - #40
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2016, 04:54:47 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »
Dam... Sidano Ithano (crimson corsair) looks so boss. Dam I wish we could get him in SA form.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
Very nice. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer! :D I've already started carding the next batch, hope to have those finished soon.

Dam... Sidano Ithano (crimson corsair) looks so boss. Dam I wish we could get him in SA form.
Thanks :) ...and that would indeed be great. Doubt there'll be a lot more SA TFA 3,75" figures in the future, though...

...and, since we're already talking about articulation, here's a superarticulated update of another vintage figure....or at least, this one has as many 5POAs as necessary... ;)

ROTJ - Han Solo (in Carbonite)

The Carbonite block is the current version from the Black Series, which I fully repainted. It was a fun little project and I think the block looks a lot less like plastic now... Here's the finished version on a new custom cardback:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:35:26 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Han Solo (in Carbonite)
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2016, 07:47:07 PM »
Very Impressive work Blizzard Force, those custom cardbacks are awesome

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
Wow, those look good. So does that Carbo Han. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »
Fantastic job on the carbonite block as well as the card ! Funny thing the carbonite block is on my list to upgrade lol great minds !

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2016, 07:20:52 AM »
Very Impressive work Blizzard Force, those custom cardbacks are awesome
Thanks a lot, I can only return the compliment! :) You're doing great work together with mr.Jedi! The more vintage goodness, the merrier... :)

Wow, those look good. So does that Carbo Han. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer! :) I'm already working on the cardbacks...hope to have those finished soon... :)

Fantastic job on the carbonite block as well as the card ! Funny thing the carbonite block is on my list to upgrade lol great minds !
First of all thanks....and about htinking alike - lol...indeed. Thought the same during your recent update, since I had just finished a Spacetrooper cardback a few days before that... ;) The Carbonite Han was an easy but effective repaint, methinks...I started with a dark metal colour and slowly lightened it to silver with several layers of drybrushing. A few more details on the side consoles and he was finished...

I'll post an update with some new cardback designs later today...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »
Brilliant job on the TFA cards (particularly loving Sidon Ithano and Asty)! Your right about the Han re-paint. Your paint job makes him look at lot less "plasticey."

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »
Brilliant job on the TFA cards (particularly loving Sidon Ithano and Asty)! Your right about the Han re-paint. Your paint job makes him look at lot less "plasticey."
Thanks a lot, Starchaser! Sidon Ithano is a favorite of mine as well from this bunch, especially since Hasbro did a great figure for him (even if only 5POA)...

...an here's the update I talked about earlier. :) I've finished 15 new cardback designs (4 from ANH, 4 from ESB, 7 from ROTJ) as well as a new/updated reverse side for my TFA cardbacks (now with all 40 current figures). Some of the cards are updates to vintage cardbacks I still needed for my completion run of the Vintage Collection...most of them are new designs that I just had fun doing, though... :)

STAR WARS

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

RETURN OF THE JEDI

THE FORCE AWAKENS

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2016, 12:08:57 AM »
More great cards. I really love the backside of the card. I also particularly like the Ozzel card.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: 15 cardbacks (ANH, ESB, ROTJ)
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2016, 05:31:07 AM »
Talk about fantastic. Love that ROTJ Driver one. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: 15 cardbacks (ANH, ESB, ROTJ)
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »
Well done once again my friend ! Its funny again we are thinking alike with characters and cards, and in a day or two you will see why lol  In the mean time keep them coming i always look forward to see what you have coming next !

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2016, 02:32:09 AM »
More great cards. I really love the backside of the card. I also particularly like the Ozzel card.
Thanks Starchaser! :) I'm a fan of all those Imperial Officers, so Ozzel was kind of a no-brainer. I'll definitely have some more other officers as cards in the future... ;)

Talk about fantastic. Love that ROTJ Driver one. Off to share.
Thanks a lot Shawn!  :) Why did I have the feeling in advance you could be a bit partial to that one... ;) I'm currently doing a small sub theme in which the AT-AT driver (and the Stormtrooper and TIE Pilot) fit nicely....I'd like to do all those repack cards with new images. I always wondered why they used the same pics with the new film logos... Still missing are especially Navy Troopers (ESB / ROTJ) and I want to redo my SW TIE Pilot...

Well done once again my friend ! Its funny again we are thinking alike with characters and cards, and in a day or two you will see why lol  In the mean time keep them coming i always look forward to see what you have coming next !
Thanks Artie! :) Looking very much forward to your next update  0/ ... I'm currently varying wildly between
- cards I need (for my Vintage Collection run...e.g. in this batch R2, Chirpa, C-3PO)
- cards I've already finished figures for (e.g. Tarkin, 5D6-RA-7)
- cards for my repack sub-theme (e.g. AT-AT Driver, Stormtrooper) and
- cards I always wanted to do (e.g. Biker Scout, Bomber Pilot, Spacetrooper)

...it's simply very relaxing (and fun) to just design whatever I feel like next at the moment... ;) ...and the good thing is I've already got a few things finished so I can post an update every two days or so (like later today)...  ;D