Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54169 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks so much for the continued Support, Tamer - I really appreciate it. :) I have posted a video for the first time yesterday...but have no idea how to share it here yet. Any hints? I'll send you a PM on Facebook...

Thanks for the comment, Starchaser. Was fun to do...and I think he now represents the character on the picture better. :)

BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Videos sound great. I just sent you a pm with how you can post them directly here! Let me know if you have any questions.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks, Tamer...for the helpful advice as well as the shares!  :)

...just tried it, didn't really work out, though. I'm not seeing the problem yet...somehow it always omits the html tags once I post it...

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:41:33 AM by Tamer »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Fixed the code. you just needed to add the [html ] tags before and after the yt embed code. I watched and posted this yesterday. Very nice!

Offline Stronox

• Commander
    • Stronox Custom Figures
Wow. Just wow. I am so impressed with your cards!!! They look so fantastic! Oh yeah, I like how the camera zooms out just as the music starts to get ominous lol!

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks Tamer, no idea why I wasn't able to do it. I'm real happy how the video turned out, have a few ideas for more in the future... :)

Wow. Just wow. I am so impressed with your cards!!! They look so fantastic! Oh yeah, I like how the camera zooms out just as the music starts to get ominous lol!
Thanks a lot! :) The video was kind of an afterthought, I mainly wanted to take photos of everything together for once. Then I thought about doing a video...mybe with some music in the background. After three tries I was finally able to time that zoom to the music...thought it was a nice surprise effect... ;)

Star Wars - LEGENDS - Mara Jade

My next Vintage Collection addition, had a lot of fun designing the card and customising the figure, since I'm a big fan of the Thrawn trilogy... :)

I used a Black Series Mara Jade figure with a new head from a Marvel Black Widow (repainted). The cloak is from a SAGA Lando Calrissian (Death Star Attack) and was shortened slightly. No idea why her mouth looks a bit weird on the closeup pic...somehow her upper lip vanishes in the darker colour below it seems, making her look as of her mouth was wide open. Doesn't look that weird in real life, fortunately... ;)

Here's the finished figure on the custom cardback I did for her:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:31:10 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Mara Jade
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2016, 03:12:33 AM »
Wow, I love this! I know the gal who was the model for this pose. I am so gonna share this with here and the rest of the world. Love it!

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »
Her mouth is agape at how much the figure/cardback blow Hasbro's efforts out of the water. Great work.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
Wow, I love this! I know the gal who was the model for this pose. I am so gonna share this with here and the rest of the world. Love it!
Thanks Tamer! :D I was such a big fan of  Decipher's SWCCG (a long, long time ago ;) ) and her portrayal of that character was a really big event...I think I still have an autographed Mara Jade SWCCG card I won at a tournament somewhere...

Her mouth is agape at how much the figure/cardback blow Hasbro's efforts out of the water. Great work.
Lol, thanks a lot...that made my day!  0/

It's currently fun to alternate between "missing" Kenner figures (in the Vintage Collection) and figures that were never published in the vintage line ('77 - '85) at all. I think I'm gonna keep that up for a while... :) So, next up:

Return Of The Jedi - A-Wing Pilot

Base figure is a TVC Mon Calamari Pilot (the only pilot figure with the correct flight dress / gear). Neck repainted, new head (TVC AT-AT Commander), new gloves (from another pilot), new helmet (A-Wing Pilot, partially repainted), modern "Endor Gun".

And here he is on the finished cardback. I added the Star Destroyers in the background to make the scene a bit more interesting...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:32:13 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I noticed those Star Destroyers right away and loved the addition. Great stuff, off to share again.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: A-Wing Pilot
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »
Another fantstic card love the star destroyers in the back round !

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2016, 08:03:09 PM »
Nice job on the Mira and A-Wing pilot. The cards look absolutely stunning.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2016, 02:29:35 AM »
Thanks people, I'm real happy you like the A-Wing Pilot...I was happy with the way he turned out, too. :) The A-Wing pic was quite small (as on all POTF vintage cards), that way it would've been a bit boring to just add some more stars. He's from the Battle of Endor, after all... ;)

I noticed those Star Destroyers right away and loved the addition. Great stuff, off to share again.
Thanks a lot Tamer! :)

Another fantstic card love the star destroyers in the back round !
Thanks Artie, I appreciate it! :)

Nice job on the Mira and A-Wing pilot. The cards look absolutely stunning.
Thanks a lot Starchaser. :)

Some more love for my favorite movie of the trilogy - ESB - today. :) I've finished two more custom Vintage Collection figures...the first one is an update (Rebel Commander) and the second one "new" (Admiral Piett).

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - JEROEN WEBB (REBEL COMMANDER)

Hoth Rebel Soldier (Legacy) body, arms and head from TVC Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear). Some touchups on head/scarf. For the cardback, I wanted to use his correct name (with his vintage designation in brackets) and the same pic Kenner used...but with better quality. ;) It's a screencap from ESB that I've modified a bit.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - ADMIRAL PIETT

Actually this is the first custom I ever attempted (about two years ago), this was my start into the customising hobby...  ;D SAGA Admiral Ozzel body with POTF Admiral Piett head. I gave his head a new paintjob, though...wasn't really satisfied with the one from two years ago. I would have loved him as a TVC figure...he's one of the only recurring Imperial officers, after all. The pic is another screencap from ESB.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:33:38 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Rebel Commander + Admiral Piett
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2016, 04:35:03 AM »
Wow, love em. Especially that Piett. Time to go share.

I will get that Hoth Commander on the fp soon too.

Love, love, love this project. Keep em coming!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Rebel Commander + Admiral Piett
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »
Loving your cards as well ! Especially the minor backround characters ! Keep them coming