Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54482 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Thanks for the kind comments to both of you and for the fp, Tamer! :)
[/quote

Your welcome. I enjoy seeing your updates.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN

One of my absolute favorite characters....regardless of whether you're calling it EU or "Legends" now... ;) In Germany they produced an absolutely brilliant audio drama of the Thrawn trilogy (14 CDs total, featuring all the original German voice actors from the OT movies) which still is a favorite of mine on long car trips... :)

The figure in the original Hasbro 3,75" figure, I removed the Ysalamiri because it's not on the cardback picture either. No worries, it's being kept safely and animal-friendly on a small tree in my bits box... ;)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:11:37 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, awesome. Looks great on the front page.

Offline Stronox

• Commander
    • Stronox Custom Figures
This is all very very cool stuff!! Love the cards! Keep up the good work!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Love it ! Wondering if you have more form  Heir to the Empire coming soon?

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks a lot people...for the comments as well as for the fp, Tamer! :)

At the moment I'm concentrating on carding more figures...I don't have enough time for ambitious conversions/repaints due to family/house/work (in no particular order ;) ). I'll do a bit of customizing/repainting as long as it's necessary for the figure, but there's just so much (fun things) to do, so little time... ;)

Love it ! Wondering if you have more form  Heir to the Empire coming soon?
I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. ;) I've already finished a few more designs, hope to have the next figure(s) done this week... :)

It's one of the (if not the) most iconic and important scenes in the original trilogy....and as any other Star Wars collector, I have a more than ample stack of Vader figures (Hasbro sure shelled out a lot of them over the years ;) )...so why not kill two birds with one stone?

(Black Series ESB Vader on custom cardback)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:12:21 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Vader sure does look good on our front page. Lovely card.

Offline PROVOST

• Ensign
  • Colonel In Chief

Agreed 100%,I follow on Facebook and it made me log in to comment.

OP - awesome skills!!!!!!!! 0/
You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
That's a great card ! I wonder why they never used that picture for the vader figure back then Was the biggest moment in in Esb. Well in any event you made a fantastic card !

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Hello, I have really enjoyed catching up on your thread here! Really nice project and loving the custom figures and really loving the vintage cards!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
The cards look beautiful. You do fantastic work!

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks Tamer, especially for the fp and the social media share! :)

Agreed 100%,I follow on Facebook and it made me log in to comment.

OP - awesome skills!!!!!!!! 0/
Wow, thanks for that...really appreciate it!

That's a great card ! I wonder why they never used that picture for the vader figure back then Was the biggest moment in in Esb. Well in any event you made a fantastic card !
Thanks Artie! :D Me too, would have been a cool thing for Kenner and/or Hasbro to use new pictures from the movies for the repacks of "older" figures on later movies cards (ESB / ROTJ). I think there are only five or six ROTJ cards where they did this (new pics, although not all of the pics are from ROTJ). ESB and/or ROTJ specific Stormtroopers, Imperial Navy Troopers, C-3POs etc. Hmmm......I think I just had an idea for some more cardbacks... ;)

Hello, I have really enjoyed catching up on your thread here! Really nice project and loving the custom figures and really loving the vintage cards!
Thanks a lot for the support! :)

The cards look beautiful. You do fantastic work!
Thanks for that! :)

...ah, the beauty of hindsight. ;) I could have thought of this day a bit earlier to shoot a pic of my custom 12backs...or some more Star Wars figures...but alas, I spent my time working on two more ESB figures. Well, happy Birthday to Star Wars, anyway...  ;D :)

So now, let's switch over to the icy wastes of Hoth, where Rebels and Imperials are battling it out in a fierce fight. ;) I thought it fitting to complete these two together somehow...

ESB - Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)

Legacy Rebel Hoth Soldier, new head and modified helmet/scarf combo, artillery remote from the "Search for Luke Skywalker" figure set, partially repainted
Real happy I found the original source pic for Kenner's vintage Rebel Soldier, as well. That way I could "demirror" it (the Grenades are now on the right side, literally) for my cardback...

ESB - Snowtrooper Commander

Black Series figure, modified helmet (discs), partially repainted (especially gloss varnish for helmet and armor)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:13:28 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, these two new ones look great too. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
These look great! I especially like the custom modifications to the Rebel Trooper.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Had to get that Hoth Rebel on the front page.