Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54174 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 01:31:52 AM »
Such a cool figure and history too. I never knew that about the bowcaster. Looks great. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: SW Chewbacca
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »
I love it no matter how many times you have seen  weather it be the movie or figures you always learn and see something new ! Fantastic  work !

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Looks great. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer, appreciate it! :)

I love it no matter how many times you have seen weather it be the movie or figures you always learn and see something new ! Fantastic  work !
Thanks! And I have to agree, totally love that about the hobby as well...always something new to discover. :) Working on the cards has been a whole new experience for me...the missing "bow" from the Bowcaster has been one funny surprise, the cable hanging from Obi-Wan's lightsaber is another example...

Also, sometimes I just want to do something new...and there are more than enough opportunities for cool figures Kenner didn't attempt in the good old days. Hasbro added some pretty cool new figures to the Vintage line during their run as well, the more the merrier... ;)

The first one was pretty straight forward...a repaint of the B.A.D. U-3PO, I'd like to buy an "e"...et voila - the not so polite ;) Bespin Droid E-3PO appears...

For the second one, I had to customize a bit more (hair, blaster holster removed, silver boxes added):

Several names have been given to this figure so far (Imperial Technician, Scanning Crewman, Scanning Trooper and whatnot ;) ) ... I've prefered Imperial Technician so far (same as in one of the Scanning Crew 2-Packs), so I used that designation for the card... :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:08:15 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, this looks great on our front pages. I would love to have you at the helm of Hasbro right now to do this en masse.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
You are doing such a fantastic job and again the pictures  you are choosing are again fantastic ! I will be having an update pretty soon with cards as well. Keep up the awesome work !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Had to get that E3PO on the front pages too.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks so much for the support and the shares, Tamer! :) I'm really hyped at the moment and can't wait to continue working on some more figures...  ;D

You are doing such a fantastic job and again the pictures  you are choosing are again fantastic ! I will be having an update pretty soon with cards as well. Keep up the awesome work !
Thanks a lot! :) Looking forward to your update very much...the more vintage-style goodness, the better!  ;D ;)

I've been working on my third wave of TFA cards lately....10 more figures to bring the card count up to 30.  :) Here are the first five of the bunch...

BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
...almost forgot: I wanted to inform you guys I've started a small contest on my Facebook page today, would be happy about anyone who'd like to participate. :) Here are the details:

Blizzard Force Customs - GIVEAWAY CONTEST

Having just reached 400 likes for my Facebook page, I wanted to say „thank you“ for all your continued support, likes and comments! To celebrate the 400 likes I’m having a small contest for everyone. :D

The winner will get his/her choice of one (1) of the following shipped worldwide (in an Ultimate Guard case) and free of charge:

- The Force Awakens - Kylo Ren (Hasbro 3,75“ figure on custom vintage-style cardback)
- The Force Awakens - Captain Phasma (Hasbro 3,75“ figure on custom vintage-style cardback)
- The Force Awakens - General Hux (Hasbro 3,75“ figure on custom vintage-style cardback)

All three choices are depicted together on the contest pic below. Contest rules are as follows:

To be eligible for a win you need to:

1. Like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/ (if you haven’t done so already)

2. Comment under this post: Which Star Wars character is (or would be) your favorite on a vintage-style card (regardless if produced or unproduced)?

WINNER will be drawn on Sunday, April 3rd, 9pm CEST and contacted regarding his/her choice afterwards. Good luck…or rather: May the Force be with you… :D

The post you can comment in is also on the Facebook page...cheers! :)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
 Great work all around! I'd like to see an OT character that wasn't made back in the day done on a vintage card back. Perhaps Biggs from the deleted scenes. I think that would be cool.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Great work all around! I'd like to see an OT character that wasn't made back in the day done on a vintage card back. Perhaps Biggs from the deleted scenes. I think that would be cool.
Thanks a lot! :) Actually, I did a card of him about two weeks ago after a request. ;) Comes in two flavors...  ;D ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Nice, time to go share some of this on the pages. I will plug your contest too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Really amazing work! Keep it up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Had to get Biggs on the front page. Love the vintage cardbacks. I do not know why Hasbro won't just use those exclusively for the rest of the time they have the SW License.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Thanks so much guys! :D

Had to get Biggs on the front page. Love the vintage cardbacks. I do not know why Hasbro won't just use those exclusively for the rest of the time they have the SW License.
I think they stated once that the TVC was always supposed to only have a short run (and ran too long anyway), something they seemingly agreed upon with Disney. I'm guessing from a strictly legal standpoint they probably could continue the line, but they don't want to upset Disney. But that's unconfirmed...

...back to topic, otherwise I'm gonna start ranting again. ;) Here are the next five designs for my TFA line, #26 to #30.

I've updated the reverse side as well, it now shows all 30 figures:

I hope you guys don't mind my current amount of output, but I've had a holiday week and am really motivated at the moment... How did that Queen song go again? "Don't stop me now..." ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I hope you guys don't mind my current amount of output, but I've had a holiday week and am really motivated at the moment... How did that Queen song go again? "Don't stop me now..." ;)

You just keep on a posting as none of us are tired of looking at em and you are making our social channels and front pages look so great. Update posted!