Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54496 times)

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
These are really impressive updates.
You really have a skill for detailing.
I love all the card backs too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
Really nice work on the customs and cardbacks! I'm particularly fond of the Jawa. Absolutely excellent work all 'round.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »
Dude you are on fire , and certainly have my attention lol ! Anything  from Ep4-6 I love seeing .The death star droid is fantastic ! That was one i have been wanting to touch up for a while ...love it
Thanks a lot! :) I'm an OT lover...it's not that I don't like the PT, but I just prefer the original movies (by far ;) ). A while ago I decided to only focus my collection on the OT and even decided against the EU (at least most of it, it's fun to make an exception here and there) since I wanted to bring more of a focus into my collection. So there should be enough to keep you interested, I hope...  ;D

Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing that your doing. You are creating the ultimate versions of these classic characters. It is downright beautiful to these old eyes (sniff, sniff).

Off to the front page.
Thanks for the kind words and the fp Tamer!  :) It's just an internal struggle of mine...so many interesting things to do...and just not enough time for every idea... ;)

These are really impressive updates.
You really have a skill for detailing.
I love all the card backs too.
Thanks Sjefke! I believe we've been talking a small bit over JTA in the past, I go by my real life name there (Sebastian Ehrhardt).

Really nice work on the customs and cardbacks! I'm particularly fond of the Jawa. Absolutely excellent work all 'round.
Thanks for that, really appreciate it, especially the kind words directed at the Jawa, because to be honest, I wasn't 100% sure of the cardback picture before...

*gonk* ... *gonk* ... *gonk* ;)

The Gonk (from POTF) has been slightly customized and fully repainted. I wanted to use/update the color design of the original vintage figure for this one, since it's pretty unique. The most similar Droid in ANH is the Lars family Power Droid, but since that one features several additional accessories I wanted to save that for a future custom (with the corresponding cardback/picture). That's why in this case I used a screencap of the scene from which the original cardback pic was taken, but didn't screw with the colors that much...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:03:44 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 02:03:44 AM »
Another great addition. I like it. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2016, 05:50:51 PM »
Loving the otc vibe ! what your doing is exactly how i want to complete my collection !Keep them coming !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2016, 02:15:46 AM »
Loving the otc vibe ! what your doing is exactly how i want to complete my collection !Keep them coming !

My fingers are crossed the Hasbro people are looking at this. They have been known to pop in every once in awhile.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »
Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it!  :) Also, thanks Tamer for the fp share!  0/

My fingers are crossed the Hasbro people are looking at this. They have been known to pop in every once in awhile.
I'd be first in line for any new Vintage Collection stuff, believe me. ;) But somehow it's getting a little bit harder to hope for more with every passing day. The only/last ray of hope was a rumour about the possibility of a second exclusive line if I recall that correctly (K-Mart -> BS 3,75", TRU -> TVC), but I haven't heard anything else since then...

...on to my favorite character from the original trilogy (who would've guessed...  ;D ;) )

I was really looking forward to updating this card for a long time....General Veers is my favorite character from the OT and I therefore wanted to correctly name him on my updated card. This is my first version of him, there'll definitely be a second version (in his AT-AT Commander gear) in the future.

The figure uses the body from Captain Needa (Legacy), the head from General Veers (TSC) and a customised rank badge. Afterwards, he was fully repainted.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:04:27 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 02:21:52 AM »
So cool. Off to share.

Man this is a great project.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 02:37:45 AM »
That's awesome!!! I always wish they had issued more figures with those different rank badges.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 07:55:04 PM »
Thanks for your comments in my post ! I got to say you are making your customs very quick yourself . at the rate your going you will have the ultimate custom and carded collection  lol  Love the correction to the  Veers card .  Cant wait to see whats next

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 03:43:04 AM »
Thanks a lot guys....and thanks for the share, Tamer! :)

at the rate your going you will have the ultimate custom and carded collection  lol  Love the correction to the  Veers card .  Cant wait to see whats next
Lol...I won't be able to keep that speed up, unfortunately. ;) Most of the figures I put on a card so far were already finished in the past and just needed some small work/updates here and there...but I'm already working on new figures now. :)

...and speaking of new stuff:

Zutmore (Snaggletooth)  ;D

Custom on left, original on right. :) I used a Zutton from POTJ and replaced the arms with ones from a Legacy Ugnaught. Afterwards he was repainted with acrylic colours.

Though she (! ;)) was originally released on a SW card she isn't actually part of the movie, but rather the - dreaded - Holiday Special. In addition, there's been a lot of confusion regarding the name in the past (Snaggletooth, Zutton, Zutmore)...all contributing to a pretty interesting character. ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:05:15 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2016, 05:00:03 AM »
Looks great to me. Off to share on the other pages.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 05:39:33 AM »
Fantastic !!!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
That Snags looks great.  Nice detailing.  Not just the shadowing but the white stripes are perfect, and bravo on the articulation upgrade.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras - UPDATE: Chewbacca
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
Update time... ;D Thanks again for the kind words guys!

It always bugged me Chewie was only released on a ROTJ-card in the Vintage Collection. He was part of the first 12, after all... I've only slightly modified the figure and the Bowcaster, main job here was to repaint him, which has been lots of fun... :)

I've used a new picture for the cardback, never noticed the bow was missing on Kenner's cardback before - also the quality is better/higher now. The color field was enlarged to fit the large-size blister.

With this figure, the "first 12" are complete in neo versions now...and only Hammerhead remains to complete the other nine "Star Wars" figures. I'm hoping to complete him soon for a first overview picture... :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:06:11 AM by Blizzard Force »