Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54156 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Blizzard Force Customs - Vintage Collection Extras
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 02:33:02 AM »
Wow, I love this on so many levels. I would love to have about a hundred of those at-at driver. Man they look good. I am with you I so wish Hasbro would have finished this line off, but maybe one day. Till then we will have to envy you. Awesome work. Off to share.
Thanks, really appreciate the compliment (and the share :) ). I'd be first in line if Hasbro would continue TVC...but so far, it just isn't happening unfortunately...

Unbelievable !!! This is off the charts awesome i have been trying to complete my collection on vintage card backs and im off to a great start but the selections you have used are fantastic ! Now i am going to vie this post again  . I look forward to seeing more
Thanks a lot! :) I'll have completed some more this weekend...currently my progress is quick because the custom figures were already completed and I finally got to producing cardbacks for them. But I'm already working on more... ;)
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 04:58:45 AM »
I think their focus is solely on the six inch line now and the chances of this happening anytime soon are slim.

We will all have to live vicariously through your own creations. Keep it up!

Your posting got a lot of notice on our Facebook Page yesterday too.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 08:30:52 AM »
We will all have to live vicariously through your own creations. Keep it up!

Your posting got a lot of notice on our Facebook Page yesterday too.
Thanks...and I will - these are just so much fun to do... :D Thanks for the info on the fb page as well, didn't know about that yet...so ISY has one more fan on facebook now. ;) I've started a Facebook page with all my stuff about a year ago...is it okay to share that here/under the fb post you did?

Just finished four more updates last night. My progress is still quick at the moment because I had already customized the figures in the past and am now supplementing these with new custom cardbacks I created... :)

Stormtrooper (VOTC) body, Stormtrooper (Saga Legends) helmet, Stormtrooper (Black Series) Blaster Rifle, fully repainted

R2-D2 (TVC), dome customized, partially repainted

C-3PO is from TSC (Endor Throne) and not customised. :)

Death Star Trooper (TAC) legs, Captain Needa (Legacy) body, unknown hands, customized Death Star Trooper (POTF) head, customized Death Star Trooper (TAC) helmet, fully repainted
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:01:14 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »
Another grand slam my friend ! Very nice touch up on r2 as well !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 01:32:10 AM »
Thanks...and I will - these are just so much fun to do... :D Thanks for the info on the fb page as well, didn't know about that yet...so ISY has one more fan on facebook now. ;) I've started a Facebook page with all my stuff about a year ago...is it okay to share that here/under the fb post you did?

Of course it would be ok to share. Please feel free to post some links here too. I notice some folks put their Facebook Page Links in their signature, etc.

I definitely shared your latest update. Loving that Stormtrooper and Death Squad Commander. All are great though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
So awesome that I had to share them through Yakface social media.  Amazing!

0/

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
WOW. Those are awesome!!!! It still gets me that the best Stormtrooper helmet Hasbro has offered was on a 5 POA figure.  :-\

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 03:36:01 AM »

0/

I like the sound of that!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:20 AM »
WOW. Those are awesome!!!! It still gets me that the best Stormtrooper helmet Hasbro has offered was on a 5 POA figure.  :-\

Yeah me too. It sat right beside a fully articulated trooper with an awful head sculpt for awhile as I recall. One would think they would rerelease that, but so far its a no go. Think Hasbro is trying to say something to us?

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 06:02:22 AM »
Another grand slam my friend ! Very nice touch up on r2 as well !
Thanks a lot for that. :)

Of course it would be ok to share. Please feel free to post some links here too. I notice some folks put their Facebook Page Links in their signature, etc.

I definitely shared your latest update. Loving that Stormtrooper and Death Squad Commander. All are great though.
Thanks Tamer! Just updated my profile...I'm slowly getting the hang of this... ;)

Thanks so much Chewie! :D Didn't know about the Yakface fb page either...seems I've still got a lot of learning to do... ;)

That's what I don't get either. They've resculpted that helmet time and time again (last time for the BS "repack")...even though they already have the perfect design...

Yeah me too. It sat right beside a fully articulated trooper with an awful head sculpt for awhile as I recall. One would think they would rerelease that, but so far its a no go. Think Hasbro is trying to say something to us?
If they are indeed, my guess would be they're trying to say something rather rude to us collectors... ;)

Offline RumSleg

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
Blizzard Force - these customs are so good, they look "fake".  And I mean that as a compliment!  Like, it seems like this amount of realism could only be achieved with photoshop.  The stormtrooper in particular is amazing!  It looks like a real costume, not an action figure.  You have inspired me to finally chop the head off one of my Saga Legends stormtroopers so I can use it with the VOTC body.  Seriously, awesome stuff.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 03:41:42 AM »
Had to put that Death Squad Commander on the front pages too. So awesome.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:01 AM »
Blizzard Force - these customs are so good, they look "fake".  And I mean that as a compliment!  Like, it seems like this amount of realism could only be achieved with photoshop.  The stormtrooper in particular is amazing!  It looks like a real costume, not an action figure.  You have inspired me to finally chop the head off one of my Saga Legends stormtroopers so I can use it with the VOTC body.  Seriously, awesome stuff.
Thanks for the praise, I really appreciate it. :) I've been custiomising for about 1,5 years now, but before that I've been painting Warhammer Fantasy miniatures for a long time. Took a bit of time to adapt from the more comic-like paitning style of Warhammer to a more realistic one...but I'm slowly getting the hang of this. At the moment, I'm putting a lot of work into each figure, but to be honest I'm still a bit undecided if I'm going to keep that up for every figure in the future. The figures would be a better match for the rest of TVC if they're sporting just a simple (but not sloppy ;) ) paintjob...but currently it's just way more fun for me personally to try to come up with a more detailed and effortful paintjob for the figure. That takes time however, so my progress is slower...aagh, I just don't know yet. ;)

Had to put that Death Squad Commander on the front pages too. So awesome.
Thanks a lot for the share and especially the pointers on facebook, Tamer. I had a lot of new likes the last days and I'm pretty sure they were thanks to your posts and the shares by others...

I finished two more figures last night, produced new cardbacks for both of them - the Jawa and Death Star Droid from Star Wars.

Legacy figure (customized), fully repainted

Death Star Droid (TVC), antenna added, fully repainted

The Kenner cardback depicts the Sandcrawler DSD (at least I think so), that's why I updated it with the name the droid got later (from "Legends" now) and a corresponding pic. I didn't really want to use the vintage figure as a basis for the colour scheme because it's not really depicted in the movie (only other DSD is the black one - 5D6-RA-7 - on the Death Star).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:02:55 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 07:56:50 PM »
Dude you are on fire , and certainly have my attention lol ! Anything  from Ep4-6 I love seeing .The death star droid is fantastic ! That was one i have been wanting to touch up for a while ...love it 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 03:27:38 AM »
Frankly, I wouldn't change a thing that your doing. You are creating the ultimate versions of these classic characters. It is downright beautiful to these old eyes (sniff, sniff).

Then, seeing them on classic style vintage cards just pushes the nostalgia even further. For the life of me I can't see why Hasbro won't put out just one line of these every year. I can't imagine the hype, interest, and overall demand there would be for them. I honestly think folks would pay more to get something like this (done right) than they would their new 6" Line and as we all know that is Hasbro's new cash cow.

I don't want to turn this into a Hasbro rant so I will stop, but thank you for showing us how glorious it could be. Off to the front page.