Author Topic: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: updated TVC Sandtrooper  (Read 54189 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Re: Vintage Collection Extras - NEW: Rogue One figures #01 - #03
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
These are so cool. Man, what I wouldn't have given for them (Hasbro) to launch the Rogue One Figure Line like this. Your Jyn looks so much better than the stock figure too. Awesome update. I am off to share them all. HO HUM HASBRO!
Thanks a lot Tamer!  :) It's actually really a lot fun to repaint those 5POA figures - the sculpt is great, not that many problems with paint rub - and since they're intended to get carded again the articulation isn't that much of a problem.

Cool cards! Personally I like the stormtrooper one. You're right the r1 stormy is missing some paint apps, but you did great adding details to all the figures. Excellent.
Thanks JDeck! :) I think they fixed the paint apps (belly dots) for the rerelease in the Baze/Stormtrooper 2-Pack...but that was really quick to do. I recarded him again later, since I also worked on the head joint a bit - I think the figure looks even better when the helmet sits tighter on the shoulders (and it only took half a minute with the Dremel to do that):

("fixed" figure on the right side)

Your cardwork is really cool.
I don't collect carded, but this iconic packaging is part of the Star Wars action figure experience and a well-made cardback is half the sale of a figure.
Thanks for that Kurgan.  :) Usually I collect loose as well, but the Vintage Collection is kind of the exception to that rule... ;)

great job as always , Really loving the carded treatment your giving  the rogue one figures !
Thanks Artie! Can only return that, your carded treatment for all those OT characters is awesome!  :)

This has almost 18,000 views on our Facebook Page. Tell me the vintage line look wouldn't see action figures, even 5poa ones!
:o :o :o Thanks for the info, the positive feedback is really encouraging and motivating I have to say...  :D

Fabulous cards! Nice upgrades on the Stormtrooper - he looks great.
Thanks! :) Really like the new Stormtrooper sculpt - I think it's the best rendition Hasbro's done so far, actually...

Very Nice Blizz, crisp and clean cardbacks
Thanks Foxtrot, really appreciate that! :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:56:08 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2016, 01:38:33 PM »
Sorry to all that I wasn't able to give this site the attention it deserves, but things are still pretty hectic here at the moment...  ??? What's probably the only thing good about that though is that the updates are larger the way... ;)

So, first of all - I finished some more Rogue One vintage-style cardbacks....here are the next three:

IMPERIAL DEATH TROOPER

REBEL COMMANDO PAO

SCARIF STORMTROOPER (SQUAD LEADER)

All three have been repainted / touched up to a certain degree (especially details like belts, blaster rifles etc.).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:57:16 AM by Blizzard Force »
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
I've finished one more figure, but that was a bit more involved project painting-wise....one of my favorite characters from the new movie so far: Director Krennic

I've cleaned up / repainted him in several areas as well, most notably the head's been given a full repaint. Here are some WIP shots I did during painting:

...(removed)...

Several paint layers for the face, eyes painted...

...and the final result on card:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:58:09 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2016, 01:53:51 PM »
Last but not least: I've completed sets and single cards of the first 12 Rogue One cards (vintage-style) for sale. High-quality, professionally printed double-sided cards. These are the first cards I've had printed at a professional printing agency now - and I'm real happy with the printing quality...  :D

Each card will be supplied with a blister (self-adhesive) for the figure.

10 sets have been printed, I still have a few available at the moment. In addition, I have a few extra single cards, but these are subject to availability, so I can't guarantee I can provide every combination...

If anyone's interested in a set or single cards, just shoot me a message... :)

May the Force be with us!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:00:30 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, what a great update on so many levels. Let me get the first update and your cardback info on the page today and I can get back in later to share the rest. Thanks for making those cardbacks available.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Had to have those for sale rogue one vintage cardbacks as the top story today. Very cool.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Man that's one heck of a carded update ! Front and back Just fantastic! I hope Hasbro see this ! Keep them coming my friend!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Brilliant set of updates. Your work on Krennic looks really outstanding.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Had to get Krennic on the front page this morning too.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
Nice Rogue One Set Blizzard

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Wow, what a great update on so many levels. Let me get the first update and your cardback info on the page today and I can get back in later to share the rest. Thanks for making those cardbacks available.
Had to have those for sale rogue one vintage cardbacks as the top story today. Very cool.
Thanks a lot for the shares and the continued support Tamer, I appreciate that very much... :) Actually, all the hardbacks I'm doing are available if anyone's interested, but the Rogue One cards (and the KdS cards, see below ;) ) are the first sets I've had professionally printed - and I have to say I'm really happy with the quality and how those came out... :)

Man that's one heck of a carded update ! Front and back Just fantastic! I hope Hasbro see this ! Keep them coming my friend!
Thanks Artie!  ;D And no worries - will do... ;) (the designs for the next 12 RO cards are almost finished)

Brilliant set of updates. Your work on Krennic looks really outstanding.
Thanks Starchaser. :) He really was a lot of fun to do, I'm just a total fanboy ;) concerning Imperial officers of all kind...

Had to get Krennic on the front page this morning too.
Thanks again for that, Shawn.  :D He really is my favorite figure of the first two RO waves to be honest...currently my progress is a bit slower, but I hope to have the first 12 finished before the movie comes out...

Nice Rogue One Set Blizzard
Thanks Foxtrot, I appreciate that. :)

...some may remember the "Krieg der Sterne" project I talked about a while back...well, I finished it in the meantime.  ;D So now, it's back from the newest vintage-style figures (Rogue One) back to the beginning....the "first 12", to be precise.

The German distributor for the Star Wars minifigures was Parker (a subsidiary of General Mills). They had planned to do a line of German cards to go with the figures (like Meccano, Takara, Harbert etc.) under the German designation "Krieg der Sterne", but those plans never surpassed the concept stage, only a few ads exist with pics of a mockup "KdS"-Stormtrooper.

Since I've started collecting vintage figures a while ago (I've been more of a modern collector until lately, tbh) I always wanted something special to display them...so I finished a "what if" version of the German Parker cards. Everything was lovingly translated into German (front and reverse "12back" side), all under the "Krieg der Sterne" logo.

Here are the first six completed (of 12) cards...like the Rogue One set these have been printed at a professional printing agency... :)

...and the reverse side (shared by all 12 figures):

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:03:25 AM by Blizzard Force »

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Excellent! Your painting are so top notch. How do paint your eyes on your figures.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Love the German vintage set ! Look forward to the rest  Great job !

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
The German vintage cards look great.
Todesstaffelkommandeur was an interesting name for the Death Star trooper.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Time to feature those cool German Vintage Cardbacks. I like those too!