Author Topic: Blizzard Force - Star Wars TVC POTF Coin Collection  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Blizzard Force - Star Wars TVC POTF Coin Collection
« on: August 12, 2021, 11:11:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

It's taken a while for me, but recently I've really taken a liking to the vintage POTF coin design. It's really saddening Hasbro's only done one of those (Yak Face, only available with the TVC Sail Barge) yet.

That's why I started my own POTF coin collection. 😁 The coins are made from resin and one-sided. I've finished 10 designs so far, with more on the way:

01 - Darth Vader

02 - Imperial Stormtrooper

03 - Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)

04 - Boba Fett

05 - Imperial Officer

06 - Imperial Snowtrooper

07 - Emperor's Royal Guard

08 - Biker Scout

09 - Star Destroyer Commander

10 - TIE Fighter Pilot
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Blizzard Force - Star Wars TVC POTF Coin Collection
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 12:26:26 AM »
Those are really cool! Nice job with the resin coins. They look great on the cards too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 04:02:38 AM »
Wow, talk about sign me up for these. So cool. Man, if you make an AT-AT Driver in this series I want one for sure. Wow!

Off to the front pages!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 02:49:45 AM »
When I met you in Mönchengladbach back in 2016 you already were a legend among fans and collectors of Star Wars action figures and vintage enthusiasts. The three sets of cardbacks which I got from you off ebay are a highlight of my collection. (Please let me know if I should remove thise images from your old thread).

I'm amazed how you still improve your artwork. Your editing skills, the quality of your prints, the correct layout and dimensions, and the presentation of your work is stellar! And I think it's also a little sad but true that your work is better than Hasbro's. I mean Bespin Escape Leia is just one f many examples. The image their graphic designers have chosen is incredibly poor.

I agree with Starchaser and Tamer and really like these coins! I like the mat finish and the metal look to them even though they're resin. I also agree with you, that Hasbro could do these, especially with the staggering price point they claim by now...it was possible in 2007 for $6.99 MRSP, so it should still be possible in 2021 for double the price, shouldn't it?
I think it's time for new people for the Star Wars brand team. How 'bout you, Sebastian?

Thank you for showing us how beautiful the nostalgia of The Vintage Collection can actually be! This is top notch in my opinion and could easily be official images by Hasbro under the lead of Mr DePriest. Good times gone...

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 12:11:29 PM »
Those are really cool! Nice job with the resin coins. They look great on the cards too.
Thank you! 😃👍🏻

Wow, talk about sign me up for these. So cool. Man, if you make an AT-AT Driver in this series I want one for sure. Wow!

Off to the front pages!
Thanks Tamer! 😃👍🏻 An AT-AT Driver is already in the works... 😁😉

When I met you in Mönchengladbach back in 2016 you already were a legend among fans and collectors of Star Wars action figures and vintage enthusiasts. The three sets of cardbacks which I got from you off ebay are a highlight of my collection. (Please let me know if I should remove thise images from your old thread).

I'm amazed how you still improve your artwork. Your editing skills, the quality of your prints, the correct layout and dimensions, and the presentation of your work is stellar! And I think it's also a little sad but true that your work is better than Hasbro's. I mean Bespin Escape Leia is just one f many examples. The image their graphic designers have chosen is incredibly poor.

I agree with Starchaser and Tamer and really like these coins! I like the mat finish and the metal look to them even though they're resin. I also agree with you, that Hasbro could do these, especially with the staggering price point they claim by now...it was possible in 2007 for $6.99 MRSP, so it should still be possible in 2021 for double the price, shouldn't it?
I think it's time for new people for the Star Wars brand team. How 'bout you, Sebastian?

Thank you for showing us how beautiful the nostalgia of The Vintage Collection can actually be! This is top notch in my opinion and could easily be official images by Hasbro under the lead of Mr DePriest. Good times gone...
Thanks a lot - I'm blushing here... 😊 And no worries about the pics at all, on the contrary, I appreciate that very much. 👍🏻 For me, designing cardbacks is still a learning process - and there's always some things that can be improved on... 😁 And I love discovering new things (like the trading cards for example, I'll post those separately soon 😊😉) or the 2-packs... the vintage Kenner design can be used in so many cool ways...
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 12:13:16 PM »
Here's the next one:

POTF Coin Collection - 11 - AT-ST Driver

Sorry Tamer, it's close, but not an AT-AT Driver... 😉 But I'll get to that one soon...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2021, 01:41:37 AM »
Talk about one fine card design! This looks so much better than Hasbro's 50th Anniversary one at least in my eyes. I really like the nostalgic look to it, the 80's image of the Scout Walker and the fact that you removed the belt. What a fresh variation there.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2021, 02:52:00 AM »
I just got the 50th anniversary one and this one here blows it away. Man, so awesome!

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2021, 03:24:48 AM »
I agree, and the card from Hasbro looks nice as well. Looks like we have to live with more variation in TVC with Gaming Greats (which are my favorite addition), microseries for CLONE WARS and the 50th Lucasfilm exclusives. Makes me wonder if we also see more expanded universe/comic stuff as well.

By the way are these coins re-casts of the original Kenner coins? I might be able to cast them in metal. I'll make a try with one of these TAC coins first.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 11:00:36 PM »
Really like that AT-ST card and coin.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 05:20:56 PM »
Hey now, those are all Awesome