Author Topic: paint  (Read 4925 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: paint
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2010, 01:49:49 AM »
Thanks Jay, not only am I a toy collector and customizer, but I'm also a government trained killing machine. LOL j/k........not really.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2010, 02:08:40 AM »
Anyways.... getting back on topic. I just bought a train set magazine called Model Railroader(Nov.2010). It has some really good articles on weathering techniques and even how to incorporate photoshop into making the background for a diorama. I hope HB94 sees this. They also tell you how to make a stream or a river in a dio. It is really awesome. They have a website, it's www.modelrailroader.com .  I bought this magazine because I'm planning to make a train set for my son. I'm going to use Thomas the Tank Engine Trackmaster trains, but the rest of the setup will be (hopefully) really realistic looking. I probably wont be contributing to the website as much over the next two to four months. I don't know how this project is going to go, but from what I'm seeing in this magazine it might take a while. Anyways, this post is getting out of control so any help, suggestions, or just comments are appreciated. Talk to you guys later.

Tom

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2010, 02:28:18 AM »
Tom good luck on the TTTE Railway and if you wantsome amazing railway stuff look at woodland scenics stuff they even have great tutorials.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 08:19:10 AM »
Model Railroader is an AWESOME resource!  Kalmbach Publishing also puts out a sister title - FineScale Modeler - for "everything else" and both are well worth subscriptions.  I have stacks of back issues of both titles.  ;D  I used to do a lot of railroading until I figured out building the models was the part I liked, not the actual running trains.  I'm afraid ;) I'm about to pull out some of my 1/35th models and reimmerse myself in that part of my hobbies.

Hey, Tom!  Little brother!  Caught up on this thread and see you are a fellow Marine!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »
Yeah I was an 0844, artillery fire direction control and survey. I just did survey. What was your MOS?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:14 AM »
0351 - Dragon gunner.  Got out just before our unit was supposed to get the Javelins.  Wish I'd done something like your MOS - you can get a job using survey skills as a civvie - hard to get a civvie job blowing up tanks!  ;D

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 04:31:38 PM »
I worked for an engineering company for a little while and then got laid off. I think I would have stayed in that field if I lived in a different state. The Phoenix area is way too hot in the summer to be working outside for 10 hours a day. Now I work for the Department of Homeland Security.