Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

Star Wars Episode VII (Spoiler Alert)

(1/14) > >>

Tamer:
If you have seen the movie and feel like reviewing it in depth including revealing content that you liked or didn't like this will be the place.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN THE MOVIE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED THAT THE STORY AND PLOT WILL BE DISCUSSED.

JDeck:
   What did you guys think about the new Death Star Planet? At first I thought it was too over the top, but as the movie progressed it reminded me of the Mcquarrie concept death Star. I like how it shoots out like a shotgun destroying multiple planets. I really liked the Mcquarrie concept imagery throughout the movie. Really cool.

Mandalore25:
I don't get what your all talking about with crappy prequels, I like the prequels, at least they told their owns story, didn't contradict, not destroy all that came before it. I also like the original trilogy, but I paid to see the fresh, and new I was promised, not episode 4, with crappy comedy, things based on what's still cannon being contradicted, things that didn't make any sense, and miraculous non cause to effect scenarios.

--- Quote from: JDeck on December 22, 2015, 05:32:47 AM ---   What did you guys think about the new Death Star Planet? At first I thought it was too over the top, but as the movie progressed it reminded me of the Mcquarrie concept death Star. I like how it shoots out like a shotgun destroying multiple planets. I really liked the Mcquarrie concept imagery throughout the movie. Really cool.

--- End quote ---

Was looking for something original, and notice how the brushed over a hole system being destroyed, Jar Jar Abrams didn't leave any time for anything to set in, and build. It was we did this, but that doesn't matter because we're doing something else, and then another thing. It should also be a smack to the face to the audience, that it's super unoriginal, when the difference needs to be told to them. Show versus tell, another problem with the movie, it showed a lot, thing after thing, but was an overcompensation from the prequels telling all but not showing.

JDeck:
  It could have been way more original. But if it was too foreign people would say, ehh its not Star warzy enough. It is what it is and if you actually like the prequels better than this movie that's amazing. Blows my mind.

Mandalore25:
Funny you say that, it wasn't Star Warzy enough for me. All new aliens and droids, for the most part anyway, didn't tether it into the Star Wars universe, they need to do what Lucas did after he made episode 4, he always mixed old with new, to tether it into the Star Wars Universe. Blows my mind you like it better than the prequels, like I said, I didn't want to see episode 4 in an unsavory flavor. Though at the same time older folks never excepted the prequels, I never understood why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version