Author Topic: Hacked website  (Read 1535 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hacked website
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »
IMPORTANT MESSAGE - IMPORTAT MESSAGE

I hope this ok to put in here guys but I just don't want people getting a computer virus because of some person decided it would be funny and give my site one.

Hi All,

I have just been contacted by my server provider and my my website hemblecreations has been hacked and is unsafe.

I will not be using the website any and in the process of having it deleted so could I please ask everyone to pass on this info so that other people won't get hacked from my site.

Cheers

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hacked website
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:58:22 AM »
Thanks for the warning Ron. I have been there and done that, it ain't no fun. Site Lock can keep that from happening if you decide to have a new site.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the warning Ron. I have been there and done that, it ain't no fun. Site Lock can keep that from happening if you decide to have a new site.

Hey Shawn, No worries mate I figured that it would help so other people don't get the virus that a few companies have got.

Yeah it's not much fun at all and as of now I have asked the site to be taken down and bloked and I will just keep posting here and over on FB.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 04:02:53 AM »
Well, that sounds fantastic to me.

If you ever did want to reassemble the Hemble Creations Site, I would be glad to let you host it here at ISY free of charge.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
Is this common and is this why so many people are posting on the ISY Facebook page?
Was your site ever cleaned up Ron?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
Well I know I added a security service to ISY when it happened to us a few years ago.

The problem is most sites are using shared servers which means another person who might be a bit lacking when it comes to security gives up their site password then any person could upload harmful files to that server which could then cause those files to infect other site files on the same server. It is a rare occurrence but is a possibility.

As far as posting on the ISY Facebook Page I am not sure that has anything to do with Ron's Site, but I try to promote the ones there like the ones here. I still give primary preference as far as my time goes to posting the customs I see here.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »
Is this common and is this why so many people are posting on the ISY Facebook page?
Was your site ever cleaned up Ron?

I know a few people that have had their sites hacked. It was cleaned up but I cancelled my website account as I didn't want to keep paying for a service and got told that they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again.

And I went to facebook as it's simple to use and I can reach more people and honestly I add the same material to it as I did with my old website.

Ron