Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

Rhode Island Comic Con 2015

(1/1)

Goldleaderone:
In the fourth year of RICC, I have to say this was the most fun I've had. Even though personally we didn't have any issues last year, we could tell this year's was much more organized then last years.

I went with a friend to the after party on Friday night where we dressed up. My friend dressed up as Spiderman, and I dressed up as Mario from the Mario Super Show (Lou Albano's portrayal of Mario). The after party was ok, nothing special. They had music going, you could buy drinks, ride a mechanical bull. I had the most fun just taking photos with other people in costumes.

On Saturday I went with a few other friends, just to the con itself. We didn't dress up or anything. There I took a picture with a life size R2-D2, which was controlled by a remote controller that looked like a PS3 controller, I met Garrick Hagon, who played Biggs Darklighter in A New Hope, and Charles Martinet who is the current voice actor for Mario.

FRIDAY NIGHT - AFTER PARTY

Who jumps higher?

Ran into my bro

Not in another castle for once!

Also met Brian O'Halloran, Dante from Clerks (We're not even supposed to be here today!) The girl who took the picture somehow accidentally took it in black and white, but we thought it came out good as the first Clerks was in black and white (or parts of it, unsure).

SATURDAY

With my co-pilot

The Delorean from Back to the Future. Marty and Doc must have stayed.

Meeting Garrick Hagon, who played Biggs Darklighter. I told him in Star Wars the space battles is what I'm into the most and said it was an honor to meet a pilot, so to speak. Also told him those deleted scenes in Anchorhead should have been left in, they were great, as was the acting, to which he agreed. Also told him I wish there was more of Biggs. I got a photo and autograph. Real nice guy.

"Dave, Garrick Hagon, "Biggs"

Meeting Charles Martinet, the current voice actor for Mario. A real nice guy. He did check his phone real quick once, but I did not get that cockiness or arrogance from him, I was comfortable talking with him. It was the attendant that was with him, he seemed to rush me. I was a bit annoyed with him, I wanted to talk with Charles for a little bit at least. I still got to meet him though, get his autograph and some pics.

The amiibo figure he signed for me. He signed it as "Super Dave, you number one! - Mario"  On one side he wrote "Whoo hoo!"  and the other he wrote "Here we gooo!" Goofy but I love it.

Picked up the Disney Store AT-AT.  Same size as an Action Fleet AT-AT but all metal. An awesome piece.

Lastly me and a few good friends of mine topped the day off piloting the Millennium Falcon

All in all a very fun day. As I said earlier, this was the most fun I've had since RICC started, and I definitely look forward to next year. It was much more organized this year, it took about 5-10 minutes to get in, which wasn't bad at all (also didn't feel like it either). Carrie Fisher was a last minute cancellation, but already has rescheduled for next year.

Did any Shipyarders attend RICC?

Clonehead:
Sweet pics!
Love the falcon mock up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version