Author Topic: Movies and TV JDeck likes.  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Movies and TV JDeck likes.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2023, 06:17:45 AM »
I need to check this out. I am so behind on my tv and movie viewing this summer.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2023, 09:19:44 AM »
One of the few positive perks of working in public education (and they are becoming fewer and fewer in this day, age and society) is the summer vacation.
Plenty of time to kick back, relax and catch up on the vast library of recorded shows/movies I didn't have the time to watch during the school year.
Tamer knows what I'm talking about.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »
If you don't have Paramount, Pluto plays Star Trek Strange new worlds, which is free. Thats the thing about Pluto, they show you the same episodes of Star Trek, Andy Griffith, twilight zone etc over and over, so you buy Paramount, to watch whenever you want.  I got suckered in. But Strange new worlds is worth it though. Hulu has Lost In Space, the original series. The first season of Lost in Space is outstanding, then they veered off and once it got in color it was trash. That was before Star Trek. I dropped cable all together and just doing streaming. The only thing I pay for is Disney+/Hulu, Friendlytv for metv and history channel, and paramount in addition to my Amazon streaming. I guess its cheaper than paying cable. 1100 channels I never watch. The trouble is when football season starts, thats when they really get you.  You might as well go to BWW at that price.

In hoesty I really think four seasons is enough for any series. Look at any tv show they drop off after 4 seasons. Srar wars goes by that platform.  I don't know what they'll do for season 4 of Mandalorian. Mando can't just retire, that's lame AF!

But speaking of Lost In Space,  Think it should have ended the same way Swiss Family Robinson ended. Earth finding them, establishing  John Robinson as Governor of a new colony, and giving Penny and Will the choice of staying or going to University. The way it ended was hopeless. I guess that's reality.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 09:08:25 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2023, 08:35:42 AM »
Yeah, I just watched 65 million years. First movie I have seen in awhile. I don't know where my summer is going, but it going!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »
The new season of Futurama is out. Honestly it's lackluster. The first episode was basically about them making fun of themselves for getting canceled and brought back again. The second episode, was about amy and Kiff's kids, but I fell asleep. Third episode I stayed awake for, making fun of Cryptocurrency. It was fun but honestly.

Dallas&Robo on YouTube is funny and back to the original idea of futurama, unfortunately it too was canceled. Of you're a futurama fan check out Dallas&robo apparently only on YouTube. I'm on my 3rd watch and it's just great.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2023, 06:28:01 AM »
I will have to give this a watch. Heck, I haven't been watching much. I have a lot of Marvel to catch up on too. Just in time to start Ahsoka I guess.