Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Non Star Wars Movies and TV

Movies and TV JDeck likes.

(1/5) > >>

JDeck:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=riLiop5vhJI
   My brother turned me on to this Gamera trailer. Its pretty freggin sweet! How come nobody told me about this? 
     Evidently they released this trailer Oct. 8 during Comic Con. No release date, no budget info, no info at all. The movie is to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the giant terrapin. I guess they don't want to hype it up, good move.

Tamer:
Looking forward to seeing this too.

JDeck:
 Does anyone remember Star Fleet. Aka X-bomber (1980).  originally it was supposed to be The 'Japanese Star Wars", however it wasn't accepted until it hit the UK.  That show to any 9 year old was killer, especially to me.  I watched all episodes (except pilot). It was a puppet show like Thunderbirds, and it was really cornball, but i liked it. The story was pretty good. The Imperial Alliance invades our Solar System. Star fleet assembles the best pilots on earth to pilot X-Bomber, an experimental space ship, and Earth's last line of defence. The X-bomber had these smaller ships attached to it, that assembled into a giant robot, kinda like power rangers, but way cooler.
         I've been trying to find it on Region 1 DVD, no luck. I've heard R4&R2  versions don't work on " all region DVD players". I know YouTube has a couple episodes, but, you gotta watch episodes 1-24.  Any advise? I'd get a non regional DVD player if they work.

Tamer:
I haven't heard of this till now.

BTW, did that Gamera movie ever come out?

JDeck:

--- Quote from: Tamer on June 13, 2016, 06:16:30 AM ---I haven't heard of this till now.

BTW, did that Gamera movie ever come out?

--- End quote ---
  I was exposed to Star Fleet through my local privately owned video store. That's why it sucks video stores went the way of the dodo, you can't find stuff like this on Netflix. Anyway it was a good show, for the budget. The sets  props and ship models were great. Being a fan of practical effects, it would not have been as  good if it were animated.

As for Gamera, nobody knows anything at all. I know Toho is making a new Godzilla movie. In my opinion Toho, is the only one who should be making Godzilla movies. He looks pretty badass. Again Gamera, I tend to be a sceptic, so I think it was a ruse. Something for the 50th anniversary. It was shown at NYCC, so its legit, but it seems odd they aren't promoting it at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version