Author Topic: Bandai Tamashii nations: SH Monsterarts  (Read 4234 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Bandai Tamashii nations: SH Monsterarts
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_brand/shmonsterarts/   check this out!! I know its not Star Wars related, but I think they're really cool.  SH Monsterarts is just like the Figuarts but, well you guessed it they're monster figures. They make a lot of cool figures from many franchises, including Alien, Predator, King Kong (2005), Gamera and of course Godzilla. They all stand about 6" or so. The Godzilla figures are the crown jewels of this figure line.  They make several variants from 1964-2014, including Godzilla Jr. and MechaGodzilla, as well as many of his iconic foes, including Mothra, Rodan, king ghidorah and many more. In my humble opinion dollar for dollar the Godzilla (1995) birth version is the best bang  for your buck. It has a great sculpt and very realistic articulation, I saw a stop motion promo using these figures, I'll try to find it again and share it , but it was awesome. Another cool thing is they make diorama accessories including damaged buildings, jets, tanks, helicopters and different flame/radiation streams sold separately.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 05:13:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Bandai Tamashii nations: SH Monsterarts
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »
Sweet I found the SH Monsterarts Godzilla promo video.
these things are so cool!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 06:50:37 AM »
Oh, I gotta take that video and this review to the pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
  I'm definitely getting the Godzilla (1995) Birth version or The GZ (1964) very tough decision. The 2014 GZ and King Kong is pretty cool too, I might have to get them one day. The rest are cool, but way over my price range, like over the moon and across the galaxy. Although I've been known to spend more on total crap, so who knows. I just think it would be the coolest thing ever to make a Godzilla diorama. The diorama accessories they make for these are great but I kind of want to use model train buildings just because I'm a detail freak. Z scale (1:220) I think would work but N scale (1:150) is too big for 6" Godzilla. 2014 Godzilla is huge he's more like 1:700 scale.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:16:42 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »
I went ahead and ordered the Godzilla (1964) emergence version. I found out some interesting things about it. A couple of  years ago SH Monsterarts released the Godzilla (1964) Mothra version as an online exclusive thinking no one would want the old version as opposed to the newer versions. To their surprise the sold out relatively fast. So since they weren't allowed to re-release an online exclusive, they gave him a dusty weathering, hence the "emergence" from Godzilla vs. Mothra. They also gave him a white radiation stream, that the first edition did not have. The emergence edition released in Japan Oct.22 but in U.S markets its available in late Nov. So I ordered mine from a third party seller in  Japan, but pre-orders are available on BigBadToystore.
     http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN16417&mode=retail

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:08:21 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
Pretty cool offering if you ask me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 03:14:32 PM »
      I got my SH Monsterarts Godzilla (1964) emergence figure from Japan today. The box is cool it has different pictures of the Godzilla figure and Japanese writing i cant read. It doesn't have a window so its made to be taken out the box. The figure is just real cool, just what I expected except he's a bit smaller than I imagined, but its over five inches just as described. I counted about 36 points of articulation with 17 just in the tail and each joint is very well hidden. The sculpt is very detailed. The eyes look better than the ones in the actual movie. His mouth opens and closes with an impressive set of teeth. The paint apps are very nice. It has the "emergence" weathering from when he emerged from his sandy grave in Godzilla vs Mothra. It looks nice its not too much weathering like I thought it would be. The only thing that bothers me is it looks like he has two right hands, its not a big deal it might just be the sculpt. He comes with the white radiation stream just like in the movie. It looks very cool, it has a pearl silver finish and great sculpt. The only thing is you have to use the stand that is bulky, its not invisible, but you can position it any way you want. Overall he's a great Godzilla figure the best I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:33:27 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 07:04:59 PM »
I found another cool use for the Godzilla radiation stream stand. It hooks right up to the hidden hole in the 1/12 BanDai model figures. I think they sell these separately but they're hard to find. I've seen the ones with the clamps that go around the figure's waist but I like this peg+hole stand.

Here is the URL for the sh stagearts. 
http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_brand/tamashii_stage/
      They're really cool. I've seen then display all sorts of 6" scale figures, even 3.75. They come in many assorted colors. The ACT.4 (clear) is the best looking in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:34:18 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
Your godzilla looks great on the front page. Like that stand too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
  SH. Monsterarts is releasing the 1954 "Gojira" version in July. This is the one I wanted to begin with Gojira is still the best Godzilla movie ever made.   http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/11311/  I bought my brother the Gamera for Christmas, he said it was extremely detailed and accurate. I have the 1964 version, and it is very nice. They are really great figures. Anything Tamashii Nations is great though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:34:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:44 AM »
It does look pretty nice!