General Collecting > Other Premium

EFX budget ANH Darth Vader helmet

(1/2) > >>

jkno:

Message from Gino on RPF:
This is the ANH Darth Vader helmet PCR.
It was made from a scan of the Legend master and will be injection molded.
I have to say that I was very impressed with the initial prototype as from several feet away it could just about pass for one of the fiberglass limited versions.
The helmet in the pics was the first attempt so improvements have already been made such as the widows peak, chin triangle cutout, and return edges on the dome. The paint job will be better and the lenses and mesh are just temporary stand-ins.

The price point for this piece is estimated to be $299
Timeframe for release is estimated to be early next year.

Tamer:
Looks pretty good to me.

jkno:
Yeah. This will be a nice budget helmet that fits between the low end Rubies and Hasbro, and very expensive ultra accurate high end MR and EFX Legends and LEs.

Still don't get why EFX made a Legend and a LE instead of making just the Legend, have a higher edition and available everywhere, and then release this PCR version. Oh well, unknown are the ways of EFX.

Tamer:
Between you and me I think Anovos is giving them a great big ole headache when it comes to their one to one scale helmets and costumes. Anovos has great details and the price is a little better for the full outfit.

jkno:
It's good to have such a competition, because this way both companies need to step up in quality

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version