Author Topic: Bandai-Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts/Movie Realization  (Read 7021 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Bandai-Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts/Movie Realization
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
Again great review mate.

Ron
  There's a lot more I could have mentioned. Like the lightsaber hilt is just as accurate as you can possibly get. There was a part I never even noticed before. Also the whole figure is painted, no plastic sheen. The matte black suit and gloss boots and belt make a nice contrast. Just a great figure all around. I can go on and on.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »
  Check out these upcoming SH.Figuarts Star wars figures. Pretty freggin sweet even the prequel figures are awesome. Hasbro take notes.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
  Check out these upcoming SH.Figuarts Star wars figures. Pretty freggin sweet even the prequel figures are awesome. Hasbro take notes.

They are sweet, but they also cost 2-3 times what Hasbro's figures do. There's a tradeoff.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2015, 09:32:06 AM »

They are sweet, but they also cost 2-3 times what Hasbro's figures do. There's a tradeoff.

True that. But they also are making figures that Hasbro refuses to. Like battle droids and Mace Windu. They think no one will buy them but in fact people are willing to pay 2-3 times to get them. They have not one, not two but three C-3PO figures Hasbro can't make a single one.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:37:19 AM by JDeck »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »

True that. But they also are making figures that Hasbro refuses to. Like battle droids and Mace Windu. They think no one will buy them but in fact people are willing to pay 2-3 times to get them. They have not one, not two but three C-3PO figures Hasbro can't make a single one.

I'm sure Mace and the Battle Droids are just a matter of time. Hasbro has also said it's releasing a 3PO figure at some point, as well as a Grievous. I think the past few months the focus has just been so heavily on Episode VII, but next year we'll probably get more variety.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2015, 05:08:02 PM »
To each their own, if you want to spend more to get a high quality 1/12 SW figure sh Figuarts is it. I won't buy every single figure but some of them really pop. During the Hasbro Q&A I asked about battle droids and they said they won't make them because people won't buy them. Once they finish milking TFA, next year will be rogue one, then ep.8, so there will be many characters they won't get to. They can't make C-3PO because of the plating issues, but time is ticking.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:35:00 PM by JDeck »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »
To each their own, if you want to spend more to get a high quality 1/12 SW figure sh Figuarts is it. I won't buy every single figure but some of them really pop. During the Hasbro Q&A I asked about battle droids and they said they won't make them because people won't buy them. Once they finish milking TFA, next year will be rogue one, then ep.8, so their will be many characters they won't get to.

Oh wow, I didn't realize Hasbro said they wouldn't make any BD at all. I actually did purchase the Figuarts droid and am now very glad I did!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 03:53:54 AM »
Wow, they are gorgeous. I keep waiting for one of these other lines to make an AT-AT Driver. I wonder if they will beat Hasbro to it?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 03:48:07 PM »
 The SH Figuarts Mace Windu is coming, in May. I'm not a big Windu fan, but look at that face/head sculpt. Amazing!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:59:17 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 03:44:21 AM »
Wow, they nailed that likeness.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 05:00:55 AM »
   Check out SH.Figuarts ANH Luke.  http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/11314/    looks pretty sweet. Except for  that one headsculpt with that stupid grin, but the other is great looking. I like that helmet and training ball thing. That's pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:03:02 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:39 AM »
Wow, that does look pretty cool. Can't wait to see em do an AT-AT Driver.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »
   Looks like the next SH.FIGUARTS figure is Jengo Fett. Pretty awesome I'd say. He comes with some cool extra optional parts, which I always like.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 01:58:31 AM »
I saw that and posted it to the front page yesterday. Looks awesome to me. I wish their Vader wasn't so stylized. That is about the only one I don't like!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 12:00:59 PM »
I didn't see the FP on it, till after. Yeah, it looks cool. The Vader isn't bad, but the medicom is  better. The only one I have a real problem with is the stormtroopers. First, $60 for a trooper, and second, the helmet looks really funky. I know its ROTJ version, but still looks off. I still think the best one is Maul, that thing is awesome.