Author Topic: Bandai-Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts/Movie Realization  (Read 7022 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Bandai-Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts/Movie Realization
« on: September 22, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »
  Check out these figures on the link below.

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item_character/starwars/?lmode=en

look at the headsculpts on the SH Figuarts figures, they are outright amazing. I'm an OT fan for life, but the head sculpt on the Ep.1 Obi Wan is sick!! The  Darth Maul fantastic. Even the battle droid is awesome. They even have EP.7 Kylo Ren and First Order Stormtrooper, appropriately releasing in December.
     I went ahead and ordered a Luke Skywalker just to see if they live up to expectations. We'll see in a couple of days, I'll be sure to let you all know the details.
   I would have gotten the Vader but I'll wait for the re-issue in Dec. because the first edition had cape issues.  The cape was non flowing, draped from his shoulders, but it was too long causing the figure to be a little unstable. Really either edition is awesome. But when you pay that kind of money for a figure it better be absolutely perfect.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:56:51 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Bandai-Tamashii Nations SH Figuarts/Movie Realization
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:14:32 AM »
I know Sith Fire 30 is pretty big on SH Figurarts too. they sure look good to me.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:02:12 PM »
  Online prices of TBS figures have gotten outrageous, especially since the new TFA waves have come out. I saw a TBS Darth Maul  on Amazon for 135 bucks. For that price I can get a SHF Maul and still have cash left for the Obi Wan. It's become impossible to find TBS in my area anyway. So I'll try these out for a while see how I like 'em. The Maul releases on the 26th but I already blew my budget. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine. Lol.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:56:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:32:01 PM »
  I got my SH Figuarts Luke Skywalker figure today. And wow, is this thing cool! Before I get into the review I'd like to say, 1/12 scale is just fantastic. Its definitely the Goldilocks scale of Star Wars figures. You get the articulation and attention to details of 1/6 scale but half the size, making it cheaper and easier to display. Right now is a great time to collect 1/12 figures because you have so many options as far as manufacturers. Black Series, Revoltech, Bandai kits, SH Figuarts and I'm sure I'm missing someone. They all offer something to the 1/12 table. That's why I won't compare the SH Luke to the TBS one because they're not in the same ballpark, or even on the same planet.
      I'll start with the packaging, I like it, its much more compact than what I'm used to. It actually arrived in an envelope at my door. It makes shipping and storing a lot easier. I was able to take him out and put him right back in the package with no problem at all.
  Now to the figure I'll start with articulation. I'm not a HUGE fan of articulation, I air on the side of aesthetics. Which brings me to the shoulders. The first thing I noticed was how the extra shoulder articulation disrupted the lines of his tunic. But its absolutely necessary to get those two handed lightsaber poses. The joints are nice and tight, again super duper articulated, he even has toe articulation. Which is very nice.
     He comes with 3 sets of hands. R/L fists, R/L relaxed hands, R/L gripping hands. He also has two faces and two hair styles. You can actually take his face off and give him a different hair style, giving you four options. His hair is actually gold, like metallic gold. I understand what they're doing, in some light it really does look like blonde hair sheen, but in other light it's gold hair. He has a lightsaber hilt and blade. The top of the lightsaber is attached to the blade so you change the lightsaber tops as opposed to adding the blade, and it looks great because its seamless. Lastly he comes with a Return of the Jedi Darth Vader/Anakin head, that looks amazing! Its supposed to fit on the SHF Vader, but I don't have him yet so that sucks but I wonder if it will fit the Bandai kit Vader and if it doesn't I'll make it fit.
   The figure itself is just great, they really captured the human form. Its not just a head torso, arms,  and legs,  the way they all come together is perfect. There's so much more I can say about this figure, but in short, I highly recommend this figure if you are a stickler for details, or if you want a definitive 6" Luke. If anyone has any questions please ask, I'll do my best to answer them. When it comes to something like this you should be as informed as possible, to see if its right for you.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 08:02:41 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 03:05:51 AM »
Looks wonderful to me too. Man, liking these reviews, but hating the fact that I want to buy this stuff now. Off to share.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »
I'm considering getting this, but am a bit put off by the golden hair. How much of a bother is it in person?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »
I'm considering getting this, but am a bit put off by the golden hair. How much of a bother is it in person?

Its really not that bad. I got used to it. I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker by any means. If you really don't like it you can dull it down with thinned matte clear coat, or a thin brown wash. The great thing is it is removable, so you can alter the color without running the risk of ruining the face.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 07:25:29 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
Looks wonderful to me too. Man, liking these reviews, but hating the fact that I want to buy this stuff now. Off to share.
  Many thanks again! Yeah I'm hooked on Figuarts. Especially with the headsculpts and figure form. The humanoid non armored figures like Luke obi wan maul, Figuarts are the best.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
  Many thanks again! Yeah I'm hooked on Figuarts. Especially with the headsculpts and figure form. The humanoid non armored figures like Luke obi wan maul, Figuarts are the best.

I just preordered Luke and see how he is, but I have a feeling I'll be supplementing my TBS collection with humanoid figures from Figuarts.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »

I just preordered Luke and see how he is, but I have a feeling I'll be supplementing my TBS collection with humanoid figures from Figuarts.
    You will not be disappointed. I can't wait to see what else they'll do. I heard a rumor that they'll make ANH Luke and Han next year sometime.
Nice!!!
Indeed!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:40:54 PM by JDeck »

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
I just got my Luke. I have to say, I like it more than I thought. The hair really does depend on the lighting, but overall it looks great in mid-lighting.

You said the Vader reissue has some changes. What exactly will be changed in the reissue? I saw the original one for a decent price and might try to get it, but don't want to risk it if it's got problems.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:05 PM »
I just got my Luke. I have to say, I like it more than I thought. The hair really does depend on the lighting, but overall it looks great in mid-lighting.

You said the Vader reissue has some changes. What exactly will be changed in the reissue? I saw the original one for a decent price and might try to get it, but don't want to risk it if it's got problems.
    They may have changed the cape, I'm not exactly sure. Looks different. The first release people complained that the cape was dinky and a bit too long. In my opinion SHF doesn't make the armored figures as well as non armored. I'm debating whether to get first release SHF Vader myself. First issue is alright as long as your not too picky. I don't know if the re release is any better. Its funny they put that awesome Vader head with Luke so you have to buy Vader too.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »

They may have changed the cape, I'm not exactly sure. Looks different. The first release people complained that the cape was dinky and a bit too long. In my opinion SHF doesn't make the armored figures as well as non armored. I'm debating whether to get first release SHF Vader myself. First issue is alright as long as your not too picky. I don't know if the re release is any better. Its funny they put that awesome Vader head with Luke so you have to buy Vader too.

Thanks. That's the sense I'm getting too. Really excited about Kenobi, Maul, etc. The Troopers don't seem all that much better than TBS. Figuarts has some new printing tech to do the human faces which is really unique, especially at this scale. The only reason I might get the first Vader instead is because there are some deals to get that Death Star Display stand with it as well.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 05:35:33 PM »
Again great review mate.

Ron