Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Questions

Dont boil the 6inch lightsaber blades!

(1/2) > >>

krztfr:
I had a bent oni blade and tried to boil it so i could straighten it out but instead it bent into a perfect C shape...any idea for a fix or replacement? Again 6" figures

Tamer:
Daggone. Can you put a heat gun or hair dryer on it to soften it up to straighten it back out?

Clonehead:
Like the hair dryer idea
Microwave may or may not work.

Works for resin

Mandalore25:
Had a speeder bike not go into the back of my AT-AT properly one time, and bent the front all the way back to the main body. Taped some Popsicle sticks around it for a while, and that bent it back into shape. Might work for you too, or a mix could work, something to hold it strait while you heat, and cool it. Heat, and freeze has worked very well for me to bend some things, just cool it quickly before it can bend back.

JDeck:
I've been thinking about using Acrylic rods to make lightsaber blades. I'm thinking 1/16" diameter rods would work but just a guess. You could sand them to get the right size and shape. You can buy the neon colored ones in red, green,  blue, orange, yellow, or you can paint the clear with colored lacquer. Tamiya makes all colors in clear finish. I suggest painting the clear because the neon rods are a little funky.  Honestly the painted acrylic rods may even look better than the production blade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version