Author Topic: Dont boil the 6inch lightsaber blades!  (Read 1718 times)

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
Dont boil the 6inch lightsaber blades!
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:46:00 AM »
I had a bent oni blade and tried to boil it so i could straighten it out but instead it bent into a perfect C shape...any idea for a fix or replacement? Again 6" figures

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Dont boil the 6inch lightsaber blades!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 04:55:52 AM »
Daggone. Can you put a heat gun or hair dryer on it to soften it up to straighten it back out?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:36:34 AM »
Like the hair dryer idea
Microwave may or may not work.

Works for resin

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:52:40 AM »
Had a speeder bike not go into the back of my AT-AT properly one time, and bent the front all the way back to the main body. Taped some Popsicle sticks around it for a while, and that bent it back into shape. Might work for you too, or a mix could work, something to hold it strait while you heat, and cool it. Heat, and freeze has worked very well for me to bend some things, just cool it quickly before it can bend back.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:56:47 AM by Mandalore25 »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
I've been thinking about using Acrylic rods to make lightsaber blades. I'm thinking 1/16" diameter rods would work but just a guess. You could sand them to get the right size and shape. You can buy the neon colored ones in red, green,  blue, orange, yellow, or you can paint the clear with colored lacquer. Tamiya makes all colors in clear finish. I suggest painting the clear because the neon rods are a little funky.  Honestly the painted acrylic rods may even look better than the production blade.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:43:33 AM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 08:25:16 AM »
I've been thinking about using Acrylic rods to make lightsaber blades. I'm thinking 1/16" diameter rods would work but just a guess. You could sand them to get the right size and shape. You can buy the neon colored ones in red, green,  blue, orange, yellow, or you can paint the clear with colored lacquer. Tamiya makes all colors in clear finish. I suggest painting the clear because the neon rods are a little funky.  Honestly the painted acrylic rods may even look better than the production blade.
Came across many of those on ebay while looking for an easy, cheep way to get the odd colored sabers, never thought of clear painting though, great idea. Should make for a simple replacement, had a link saved: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLA90251-1-16-Blue-Fluorescent-Acrylic-Rods-10-Plastruct-Supplies-/300886285235?hash=item460e385bb3 for blue rods, just glue the hilt to one. Should also be a good way to get blades for 6" figures too. Here is a link for clear too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2mm-Diameter-Clear-Perspex-Acrylic-Plastic-Round-Rod-Circular-Bar-12-Long-/261843984087?hash=item3cf71e1ed7 personally prefer metric 2mm should do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:20:17 PM by Tamer »