Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Contests

Birthday Custom Challenge 2015!

(1/13) > >>

Tamer:
Imperial Shipyards Annual Birthday Custom Challenge 2015!

Folks, some of you may have noticed I have been a little past due in getting this started as well as getting in here as much as I have wanted too lately so before we post the particulars one small note. My wife was diagnosed with cancer over the summer and right now we are in the midst of treatments. For anyone that has went through this with their own family I am sure you can relate. That being said I do love getting in here to just relax for a few minutes each day and even though I am way behind I am seeing what you fine folks are posting. So, as a result of no spare time, I had thought about doing away with this this year. This morning I woke up and said that wasn't what I was gonna do. Now I can't promise it will be as big a bash as we have had some years, but we will have a party as its our Birthday!

The contest particulars this time I think are fairly simple. Take one of those awful 5 POA The Force Awakens Figures (3 and 3/4") that are sitting on the pegs and create versions with full articulation (at least 10 points). And to answer the question before it starts you need to, at minimum have the following movement:

a. head
b. shoulder
c. elbow
d. leg at the hips
e. knee

f. wrist and ankle articulation are preferred (but not required)

Also, your figure must match a known outfit we have either seen from movie trailers or a Hasbro Product or other licensee offering (include reference pic). So, this might include a bit of painting and/or sculpting and/or kit bashing if need be. It must be a brand new custom TFA figure never before shared (feel horrible I didn't get this started as many great TFA Customs have shown up in recent days). Also, thanks to Mandalore25 and Sjefke here is a great link for fodder resources:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9853.msg187584#msg187584

To post your final entry we will need the following (at minimum):

1. Your reference image or stock Hasbro photo (what 5 POA The Force Awakens Figure you started out with)

2. Your recipe (written out so we know what parts you used as we will want to make em later!)

3. Your final entry pics (up to five images with the first being the one I will use for the voting thread)

You will have between now and November 9th (my real birthday) to post your entry. Feel free to include as many work in progress pictures in here as you would like. I think it will inspire us all to build more. ALSO, STAFF MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE. I will be the one, for the most part, coordinating and acquiring and shipping all the prizes so I want everyone to be able to have some BDay Challenge Fun.

Make as many entries as you would like as when the time is up I will post a poll here and we can all vote for our top 3. I would love to see us turn all of the 5 POA items sitting on the pegs right now in super articulated masterpieces. And remember, if you have any questions or clarifications make sure you get em before you start building!

Prizes: I am still working on these at the moment, but I already have a wide array of 3 and 3/4" as well as 6" Hasbro Items. I will also be working with our site sponsors to see what they will kindly donate (they always do). I am also gonna see if I can get our wonderful Sideshow Contact to donate a new prize too which she has for years, but I will let know on all that and try to get some pics up here soon with what I have acquired so far. Please also note (from my message above) that I might not be as timely this time in shipping out your prize, but I will pay for the shipping in the continental US and will try to do what I can to pay for it outside of the US.

FOLKS, SHOW HASBRO WHAT YOU CAN DO! I WANT TO TAKE SOME OF THESE FINAL PIECES AND THROUGH DAN AT NEW YORK COMIC-CON SHOW EM WHAT THEY ARE MISSING WHEN DAN ASKS EM THE INEVITABLE WHY CAN'T YOU PUT THE ACTION BACK IN ACTION FIGURES QUESTIONS!

Mandalore25:
So it has to be a Force awakens figure, or are any of the 5 POA figures free game?

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Mandalore25 on September 12, 2015, 08:20:45 AM ---So it has to be a Force awakens figure, or are any of the 5 POA figures free game?

--- End quote ---

Lets keep it The Force Awakens as most of the OT Characters that are out there right now have multiple SA Options.

Mandalore25:

--- Quote from: Tamer on September 12, 2015, 11:45:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: Mandalore25 on September 12, 2015, 08:20:45 AM ---So it has to be a Force awakens figure, or are any of the 5 POA figures free game?

--- End quote ---

Lets keep it The Force Awakens as most of the OT Characters that are out there right now have multiple SA Options.

--- End quote ---
Well I was thinking Rebels, or the jedi temple guard, but if it's Force Awakens only I'll be sitting out this one.

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Mandalore25 on September 12, 2015, 03:53:04 PM ---Well I was thinking Rebels, or the jedi temple guard, but if it's Force Awakens only I'll be sitting out this one.

--- End quote ---

I was kinda hoping we could all get behind the new movie too. Maybe we can catch one of your interests next time out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version