Author Topic: NON galoob/kenner/hasbro AF scale  (Read 11302 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
NON galoob/kenner/hasbro AF scale
« on: October 27, 2009, 01:52:04 PM »
this is a reference thread for ships and figures that are NOT galoob, kenner, or hasbro made that fit well into the action fleet scale.

this could mean that the ship is within the 6" size limit

OR

that it is in scale with micromachine sized figures, which I think is 1/72 (please correct me if I'm wrong because I think I am)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: NON galoob/kenner/hasbro AF scale
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »
I'll start off the list of non AF but AF scale ships

MOST of the revel snaptight kits are approximately in scale with the action fleet ships.

I have the Revel Snaptight Arc-170 and even though it's wingspan is slightly larger than the AF scale titanium ultra ARC 170 I think it fits better to the scale of the figures.

the jedi-starfighter is also a revel snaptight model that fits perfect with the action fleet ships.  If you wanted to with it you could even build it to have a removable cockpit canopy and use micromachine action fleet figures in it.

I also have a Die-cast Naboo Starfighter which I think is a testors model (unsure) that is more in scale to the figures than the action fleet naboo starfighter.  It looks realy good placed next to the action fleet ships.

I will try and get photos of all three of these ships next to my action fleet models to give you a comparison.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:33 PM »
as I promised:

in the left corner we have the action fleet naboo starfighter at a short and squatty 6 inches....
in the right corner we have the ERTL die cast model, slightly longer and more in scale with the naboo starfighter's on screen apearance!....

here you can see the relative size of the revel pocket-model or snap-tight model of the jedi-starfighter next to an action fleet tie interceptor.

the revel snap tight arc-170 as compared to an action fleet x-wing

hope that helps some....  I've got a guy on deviantart that I'm going to pull some of his non-action fleet reference images from his gallery... and try to get him to join up over here....

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 04:22:21 AM »
I can add a few here as well. When Galoob was bought by Hasbro and  Action Fleet (AF) and MicroMachines (MM) lines canceled I tried to find replacements. Since I collect more than SW I found the following lines that were close in size and design with AF:

- Star Trek Innerspace and Strike Force lines
- Xyber 9 ships and robot tanks
- WOTC TIE Crawler and some of the WOTC separatist droids
- some of the Transformers like ARC-170 and AT-TE etc.
- Micro playsets like Turbo Tank, Tantive 4 and Invisible Hand playsets (I even customized the turbo Tank to fit AF figures)
- Tiger Electronics Force Link Anakin's speeder and Zam's speeder
- ID4 Independence Day playsets and ships
- Final Fantasy Copperhead ship
- Epic Duels game figures
- KFC AT-ST
- BSG Cylon Raider & Colonial Viper

You can see pictures of these here:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/119889031Nugfnf
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/144903663JZTsck
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/124802227UNtuEc
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:27 AM »
man the BSG models are ones I've been wanting for years now. 

there was a vintage set of the battlestar series that is realy realy cool.  The viper and several other ships came apart and you can swap parts to make new ships... I'll have to find reference pics.  But they were exactly in scale with A/f

there was also a vintage line of star wars vehicles that were done in die-cast that were the precursur to action fleet.  They even had "Exploding battle damage" features...  I've seen a few on e-bay.  I believe they were called the "star wars micro collection" back in the good ol kenner days...

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:17:53 AM »

there was also a vintage line of star wars vehicles that were done in die-cast that were the precursur to action fleet.  They even had "Exploding battle damage" features...  I've seen a few on e-bay.  I believe they were called the "star wars micro collection" back in the good ol kenner days...

I know of the Kenner Micro Collection but unfortunately I don't have any. They came with metal figures, a bit larger than Af ones, closer to Unleashed ones but the playsets were awesome.  And now they are going for high prices alas.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
If I recall snap tight/revell (?) did a few "diorama kits" that were nearly identical with the MM scale. I had/have the HOTH REBEL BASE and the x-wings and snowspeeders were compatible in size... It even included a large sized rebel transport and falcon that were WAY better in scale and  detail then the MM offerings.

If anyone wants more MM type stuff and Is willing to paint / assemble I highly recommend these.