Author Topic: XBox One or PS4?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
XBox One or PS4?
« on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »
I am gonna have to shell out the cash to get a new video game platform to play that new SW Battlefront. Does anyone have any preference of one system over another?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: XBox One or PS4?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:35:45 PM »
I find myself asking the same question. I'm not a big gamer but I love the Battlefront franchise. I've been partial to PlayStation. BF 1-2, on ps2, renegade squadron and elite squadron on PSP. I haven't bought a tv console since ps2. If they come out with a limited edition Battlefront ps4 or Xbox I just might have to pull the trigger on that. Otherwise I'll find the cheapest PS4 I can. Most of my electronics are Sony products they have always worked great for me. But that swbf game looks insane.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:58:05 PM by JDeck »

Offline DarthSamurai

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • faster and more intense
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
I've already pre-ordered it on PC. mainly cause I don't have a Ps4 or Xbox :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:23:50 AM »
Almost everyone is saying go PS4 from what I have read yesterday. I am gonna wait to see if they come up with a SW Version. I am sure one of em will.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »
Everyone see that Playstation4 is gonna have a Darth Vader Themed Bundle?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/16/darth-vader-ps4/

"Between The Force Awakens, Battlefront and Disney Infinity, you're about to get your fill of Star Wars -- and Sony is determined to capitalize on that sci-fi feast with some special PlayStation systems. It's releasing two limited edition Darth Vader PS4 bundles that each include a distinctive 500GB console (emblazoned with the Sith Lord's face, naturally) and a controller whose red and white accents mimic Vader's chest panel. The core Battlefront Vader bundle includes both a Deluxe edition of its namesake shooter as well as a voucher for four vintage Star Wars games (Super Star Wars, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Starfighter and Racer Revenge). Head to Walmart, meanwhile, and you can spring for a Disney Infinity 3.0 Vader bundle that replaces Battlefront with Infinity and a matching figurine kit. And if you're just interested in software, there will be a plain PS4 bundle that includes Battlefront and the classic games.

Sony hasn't divulged pricing just yet, but we'd expect at least the Darth Vader kits to carry a premium over run-of-the-mill 500GB systems. All of the new hardware will be available on November 17th, and pre-orders are poised to start "soon.""

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 04:38:40 PM »
I'm really pleased Sony is making the limited edition rather than Xbox. I'm also pleased it will be released BEFORE black Friday. I always buy electronics the week before BF, you can find some really good deals. I wonder what the price tag is, since its a bundle it may be worth it. I don't really care much for interactive internet play and all that. I just want to play the game. I'm definitely in, can't wait. Bounty Hunter was a cool game, I could never get past Oovo IV though, that was a tough level. I would get to the very end when you steal the Slave I and die.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 02:51:17 AM »
I bet this one sells out quick.

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »
I have a xbox and my friend has a ps4. I prefer the xbox. The controller feels heavier and better built. That being said, the sticks are set at different places on the controller which took me a minute to get used to. I believe that the xbox controller is better for shooters, but feel a bit unnatural for flying and driving games. The ps4 controller is also pretty small. If your a bigger guy with bigger hands, a xbox controller is going to fit your hands better.

System wise, ps4 has better "free" games and a larger selection of indie titles.

I prefer the xbox dashboard over ps4.

Also, I can run my cable TV through my xbox and literally say "xbox, watch Cartoon Network" and it happens. It's pretty neat.

One last thing, my xbox can read and play almost any media file off my 1 TB external hard drive, which is good because I have a lot do downloaded music and video.

Conclusion: PS4 is a better system for just gaming, but has a small controller. Xbox is a good system for gaming, but doesn't have quite as large a selection of games, however it has become the media center in my living room.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:08:56 AM »
Hand So Low thank you for the pros and cons.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 04:52:04 PM »
I've owned the original PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS3.  What I do not like about the Xbox is that Microsoft tries so hard to mesh everything together, and at least with the past versions, it never really did.  I didn't care for the platform, the interface, or the controller.  I had to replace my first Xbox 360 because I got the dreaded Red Rings of Death, something PS3 never had.  I got the PS3 because all of my friends from work got one and were playing Call of Duty, and I was the odd guy out, so it was out of necessity.  I've been very happy with my PS3, which still works as wel as the day I bought it.  I've been wanting to upgrade to the PS4, and was looking for just the ticket to get me to do it, and this Darth Vader edition has done it.  I'm dying to play the latest Batman: Arkham game, and I'm a sucker for cool editions.  As Hand So Low eluded to, the Xbox One had vastly improved their platform and interface, adding voice recognition.  They've also updated the software to allow backwards compatability, which is something both should have had from the start.  IN the end, I'll be going with the PS4, as soon as I'm able to preorder it!

Offline CandyBlues

• Ensign
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 12:47:21 AM »
I myself have been adamant Playstation gamer. Ive got  Battlefront on preorder and have a couple days off after release.
Ill probably be doing an all nighter.
For anyone interested in gaming together. My PS account name is Evenlate

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 01:25:17 PM »
Well, I DID get the Darth Vader version of the PS4, and am pretty happy so far.  I'm NOT happy that now you have to pay an annual fee to play online, something that PS3 didn't have which gave it the edge over the Xbox 360, but I guess it was only a matter of time.

The day I got it, I unboxed it, ran the updates, and tried out the new Battlefront.  There are several tutorial games to play, to get a feel for different aspects of the game.  There are 2 types of games I despise, and they are racing and flying games.  Mostly because I am just absolutely terrible.  That being said, the mission where I get to fly an X-Wing and take out some TIEs, was actually very friendly to the non-flying gamer.  I didn't have trouble with maneuvering at all.  I am, however, absolutely terrible at trying to pilot those darn speeder bikes!  A good Scout Trooper, I am not!  I haven't been able to play online as of yet, but hoping to log a bit of time tonight.  Tamer, if you haven't gotten one yet, go find that Darth Vader edition, because it looks sleek as all get out!  The Vader on the machine itself is very nice, and the words "Star Wars" are repeated softly in the background of both the PS4 and the new center pad on the controller.  Very cool, I'm not at all disappointed!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »
Pat, mine arrived earlier this week. I just haven't found time to plug it in yet!