Author Topic: The Force Awakens Melted Darth Vader Helmet 1:1 Prop  (Read 2708 times)

Offline YakFace

• Commander
The Force Awakens Melted Darth Vader Helmet 1:1 Prop
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:05:22 AM »
Been a few years since I have posted anything new on the yards. Last time I was only doing 1:18th scale customs but I have been busy working in the theme park fabrication industry in Orlando Fl and have got a whole new set of skills. I just finished my first 1:1 scale Star Wars prop from The Force Awakens, Darth Vaders melted helmet. The original sculpture was all hand done in Chavante modeling clay and has a removable top dome that reveals details seen in ROTJ. I molded the entire piece using a "glove" mold technique so their are not seem lines in the final casting. The parts have been cast in a durable resin 65 D and are airbrushed and hand painted for a very realistic finish. I posted the first one up for sale on eBay and plan to only do a limited run. Check it out and tell me what you guys think. http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-FORCE-AWAKENS-LIFE-SIZE-1-1-SCALE-DARTH-VADER-MELTED-HELMET-PROP-BUST-/171875003004?hash=item28048c6a7c
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:29:15 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: The Force Awakens Melted Darth Vader Helmet 1:1 Prop
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »
I think its awesome. I am off to share this on our front page and other pages.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
Thanks Tamer! Glad to be back posting on the yards, I have a bunch of cool projects lineup that I will be sharing as they evolve. If you or anyone on the yards is interested in Vader you can pm me, I can take a bit off my eBay price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 05:53:57 AM »
If you or anyone on the yards is interested in Vader you can pm me, I can take a bit off my eBay price.

You need to go look at our Facebook Page bud. As of last night (after about an hour) it had over 20,000 looks. I can only hope some folks are biting on it. I forget how many shares, but a ton. It is a great prop. I hope you make some TESB stuff, I will be on it like a bee on honey.

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 06:57:46 AM »
Wow that's amazing! Tamer I work at imagemotor productions with another very talented guy who is a massive Star Wars fan and we are planning on doing more props soon. We currently have some greeblies for 2-1B and Chewbacca's bowcaster but we have a million different ideas for stuff. Can't wait to start the next one!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 06:02:36 AM »
Sounds awesome to me. You guys have some great talent as is indicated by that Vader melt.