Author Topic: TFA Rumor Report  (Read 22634 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: TFA Rumor Report
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »
I'm not convinced I need to spend money on this tripe.

"They will have to buy 5 POA figures now. We are not giving them a choice" says big H

Fat chance on me buying a bunch of that crap.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 01:40:54 PM »
They're more or less made for kids. This is the movie of their generation. Kids or their parents won't pay $13 american for a figure they'll end up breaking the arms off or whatever. I'm positive Hasbro will make 14 poa ep.7 figures, the movie hasn't even come out yet. As of right now I won't drop $20 on 6" Finn he looks boring as crap. I just want to see the movie before I buy the merch. I wouldn't buy a Luke Skywalker figure if I'd never seen star wars.  I like these because of the cardback art , the figures alone are just toys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:41:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 05:23:39 AM »
Yeah, I agree. The package art looks cool. I will probably buy most of the Imperials. The Hero characters I doubt I will touch.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »
Another leaked small vehicle.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »
John_Solo posted these images of Poe Dameron over at Rebelscum. Sadly the helmet is not removable, and all the accessories are molded on. I'm shocked to see he has a working holster! You compare this figure to Finn and its like Poe was made from a different company. And that yellow visor? Ugh.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »
At least he's got a ball-jointed neck..

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:59 AM »
We can only hope we see better stuff when they release the SA Line which hopefully is coming.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:01 PM »
More information guys!

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/makingstarwars-nets-star-wars-the-force-awakens-hasbro-line-details/

So Poe has 2 X-wings? The black one for Black Squadron and the white and blue one we saw in the trailers. Interesting, looking forward to finding out more. I'm hoping this Poe figure has a removable helmet and is fully articulated.

Not really liking the nerf darts on the Falcon though.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
Gentlemen, we have product!

Not really liking the Falcon with those nerf darts. I feel the Falcon should be weathered more. The X-wing looks like it has the POTF mold, but it seems the Poe figure has a removable helmet, plus the visor is not that bright yellow color on the other figure. I do like that black paint design though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:52:43 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 03:09:43 AM »
I am not seeing a couple images, but pretty cool.

Offline BenAlius

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • #Buildingtoysformyson blog
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »
Leaked midsized vehicle.

OOOoooeeee... I would like to see this one a little bit better! Looks like a great #Buildingtoysformyson type of vehicle to build!
Check out my #Buildingtoysformyson blog!
http://gewooneenchris.wix.com/buildingtoysformyson

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 08:38:21 AM »
hasbro is making saving some money very easy. I am interested in some of those small vehicles tho. that xwing can suck it. only way thats coming to my house is if my son wants one. its funny that 30 plus years later the xwing i used to play with as a little kid isn't much different than the one he may want to play with. way to take 30 steps back hasblow

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »
They must have removed the pictures, they were from a photobucket account. I'll see if I can find them and upload them. It was just 2 more pics of the Falcon.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 03:23:51 PM »
Well, what can I say…I’m blown away by…this crap.
So far I have not seen a single toy I’d spend my money on.
My wife will be truly happy, the old man’s not going to buy more little men, because…it’s all 5POA junk.
Let’s be honest here: they are called action figures, not statues. They are meant to be super-articulated, they are meant to be put into action poses.
Somebody who collects them Mint On Card and is happy to store them away in a dark, climate-controlled room to keep them case-fresh and the card wrinkle-free might be happy with the shit Hasbro is throwing us, but the articulation of these figures is exactly like the figures Kenner gave us in…yes, that’s right…1978. People, that’s almost 40 years ago. We have moved on since then.
What was okay back then changed already in the 80s when GI Joe figures showed up with a lot more points of articulation.
Today, in 2015 there is no excuse from any manufacturer to shell out this sub-standard stuff. There is no excuse for an action figure not to be ball-jointed everywhere.
To make a bad thing worse, the paintjobs on these new figures is just as sloppy as the stuff we had back then.

It is not that Hasbro couldn’t make better action figures. There, I said it, ACTION FIGURES (not statues). They showed us with The Vintage Collection and the Black Series what is possible. I expect at least that.
Look at their GI Joe line, these figures are even better articulation-wise and as a bonus come with a ton of accessories.

Check out the lineup of characters in the first wave: where are the aged Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia? Nowhere to be seen. Instead they give us Bespin Luke, Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

Whoever is responsible for Star Wars toys at Hasbro should be fired. Today. No questions asked.

Unless there is something super-articulated coming out in my preferred scale, Hasbro will not get a single Buck from me for this crap.
Not a single Buck.
And that’s the way it is.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »
I edited my above post and included the other pics of the Falcon. I added them in as an attachment so we don't lose them again.

Kurgan I do agree with you on a few things. I'm really disappointed in Hasbro, especially with the nerf darts on the Falcon. Nerf darts?? I think anyone who bought the BMF should stick with that. I hope this isn't from the nerfherder comment Leia made in Empire.

I have a feeling these 5POA figures are just to get some figures out there for the film, then hopefully later the fully articulated figures will come out. No way they just stop making those. As for Luke and Han those figures should be in Wave 2, after the film so its probably not to spoil anything.