Author Topic: TFA Rumor Report  (Read 22645 times)

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: TFA Rumor Report
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »
Definitely looks like I will be saving a lot of money by not buying anything of the new Star Wars toy line. I hate that new Millenium Falcon with nerf darts, hate hate hate that new First Order Snowspeeder toy (that Snowtrooper gunner wouldn't last 30 seconds in a battle standing up like that ;D).  The only vehicle that I even kinda like is the Black Squadron X-wing and even it looks like something from the POTF2 line from the 90's and the full on kick in the teeth is... 5 poa figures in 2015 ?...C'mon that's just lazy for a major toy line such as Star Wars and for a new movie to boot. I hope super articulated 3 3/4" Force Awakens ACTION figures are coming but not gonna get my hopes up. If no new super articulated Star Wars action figures are in the upcoming future then I am leaning towards possibly going back to 3 3/4" GI Joe action figure collecting...at least those figures can truly be called ACTION FIGURES.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:23:00 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
I just remembered what the new First order Snowspeeder reminds me of...Adventure People's Firestar 1 space vehicle from days long ago.

Here's some pics to check out of it. The front of the new First Order snowspeeder and overall shape is what looks similar to this Adventure People vehicle seen here in two different color schemes.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:20:39 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:05 AM »
Is that the Falcon that supposed to cost $119!! That is terrible, I remember POTF2 Falcon cost $50 and it looked way better. Of course inflation and what not, but this is cheesy $119 for a nerf gun. Hasbro can name the price people will pay it.

Offline KIM

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2015, 04:31:35 AM »
Is this why Disney insisted on an xmas opening, to maximise sales of this tat. I'll buy the stormtroopers for the grandson but that's it.
I expected better vehicle designs for this film, they seem to be edging towards games workshop in style but at least  it's not the oversized toys of the prequels. If only they could adopt GWs squad markings for the army builders.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2015, 06:59:13 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/lbYLw#Uw9dped

Here is the full catalog of Force Friday TFA reveals. I am not sure how long that link will stay active, but I can't find any arguments with the folks who are saying this stuff doesn't look too good. What a colossal flop Hasbro is getting ready to have on their hands. Who in their right minds sold hasbro on 5 POA. I don't want to go all Nostradamus here, but woah!

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2015, 07:46:02 AM »
What stands out to me is there are no TFA figures of the Big 3. No Han, Luke or Leia? Why not? Whats Hasbro playing at here? Time will tell I suppose

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2015, 07:12:54 AM »
I know this movie will be a transition between the OTC and the Postquels if you will, but yes that is worrying me too. We should see at least those you mentioned in new movie garb.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »
I still believe Han, Luke and Leia will be released in Wave 2 so nothing will be spoiled.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
The cheap looking stuff isn't making me itch, Shawn.

When the midnight release of the ROTS line occurred, I was in a walmart with only an inkling of what was coming out.
I did grab some goodies that night and even helped some of my future purchases out of their cases. The best find was a 12 inch grievous which is still MIP and is still somewhat rare.

I don't really feel the magic about what we
have seen of this new line.
So far, the figures and vehicles in this preferred scale do not appeal to me enough to warrant a purchase.
The six inch and titanium stuff looks cool. Don't know if I can validate so much going towards a big tie just because the smaller scale stuff doesn't pull at my wallet and that money would be then, "available"
 I'm sure that could have been the deciding factor in this hard headed marketing strategy that appears to be unfolding before us.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:04:50 AM by Clonehead »

Offline jedi_ryan35

• Ensign
  • "The force will be with me..always!"
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
Hey guys. I have not been on here forever.  It's good to be back. Anyways, Im not to happy with what I had seen  with The Force Awaken toys. I do pray to God Almighty that there's a SA 3.75 figures. I think Hasbro is just keeping it tight lip.  vadsab

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2015, 06:04:10 PM »
If anything I see the potential for lots of custom fodder when this stuff goes on clearance.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
Heads without removeable helmets?
Even the stupid, under-articulated Ezra figure from Rebels came with a separate helmet.
I'd order better custom items from Clonehead.

Let's face it: this is a clear step back into 1978 and another slap into the face of the customer. Too bad I'm too far away from a major toy show and a Hasbro panel.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2015, 03:07:49 AM »
I can't even imagine the Hasbro Q and A at NYCC if they don't release some SA figures.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »
Do you really think it would be an uproar?
I pretty much believe people would be sugarcoating things again instead of telling it as it is and contradicting Hasbro's people.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
What bugs me is the amount of parents who will succumb to buying this crap for their kids. All Star Wars nostalgia and such.

I don't want to have to make SA conversion kits for these characters.
6 inch releases will be too slow.
Bah, just makes me crabby.

Thanks for the props, volker.
Have you found a Gung Ho yet?