Imperial Entertainment TV and Movies > Star Wars Movies

original theatrical version.

(1/3) > >>

JDeck:
  I bought a used copy of Return of the Jedi in all its unaltered glory. This was the best Star wars purchase I've made in 18 years. I really don't mind the substandard picture quality, it adds a bit of charm to the movie. I had gotten to the point where the Blueray version was irritating to watch. There was just too much added crap between the digital Max Rebo band, the dumb looking Venus flytrap in the sarlaac pit, the blinking Ewoks, that Hayden Christensen guy added at the end and of course the infamous Nooooo!. I always loved the original ROTJ and I'll never watch any other version again. I suggest to anyone if you haven't seen the unaltered versions of our favorite movies lately do yourself a favor.

Goldleaderone:
I wish we could just buy our own copies of the films, but pick and choose what we want. I love the new scenes in the space battles, how the ships fly so close to the camera, but then I'd like to have Han shooting first.

JDeck:
I hear you there. What would be great is if Disney took the original Theatrical version cleaned up the picture and the sound. Add the cool explosions and altered space scenes and that's it. I even like the "Yub Nub" song as opposed to the "celebration song" ESPECIALLY after they added Jar Jar freggin Binks at the end with the Naboo celebration. I would go for a pure form of Star Wars, and I think most fans would too.

Tamer:
Yes, I like the battle stuff, but not so much the other myself.

JDeck:
I got my Original Theatrical release Star Wars episode IV A New Hope, or what I refer to as simply Star Wars. Watching it now in all its Han shoots first greatness. After watching the special editions for so long seems a little odd, but I love it. All those added scenes and so forth didn't add anything to the story. In doing that they cut little tid bits of the original movie that aren't in the SE version, to make room. The part that irritated me the most about the SE was the added Jabba scene, it added absolutely nothing to the story. Its the exact same dialogue Han had with Greedo. And if I were the most feared gangster in the galaxy I wouldn't let some smuggler step on my tail and leave without paying me. I'll still watch the blue ray version from time to time, but its great to see Star Wars again in its original theatrical glory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version