Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 443128 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - AT-AT head dio Completed 6" P109 21/09/17
« Reply #1635 on: September 22, 2017, 03:13:38 AM »
Hi All,

Hey Phillip, thanks heaps for the kind words mate I really appreciate it and all I can say is WOW that there are two full version AT-AT in 1:12 scale and 1:6 scale it's just amazing and tehn the 1:6 scale diorama double wow. By all means mate keep the pics up I have no issues with you adding here and you have more we would love to see them.

The AT-AT head was Shawn's idea I just built it for him and then we hashed out how the flames and smoke should be and we got the idea for being able to remove it to suit the display.

Hasbro's figures have amazing details on them they just have cheap paint apps to them, but if they did top of the line paint apps we would be paying high prices and I would be out of the customizing game LOL.

As for space I think we are all in the same boat, in my new room I build two large dio's and that is it for me space gone. I love doing big dio's for people like Shawn as I know they have the room to put in somewhere and I get the enjoyment of building it.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1636 on: September 22, 2017, 03:53:00 AM »
Thank you for your detailed reply, Ron! Wow, I haven't known that! All I know is that you made Shawn's week! He was so happy when you uploaded the pictures of this project!
I actually do have more pictures of many events I went to over the last years...I might do a new topic on these at all the right places :D

I totally agree with you on Hasbro's figures! Most of them have amazing detail! They only lack of paint apps. The Battle Droids I am currently repainting are just one more example. I often realize how much depth it adds to the figures and vehicles when I paint and weather them.
As I already saw on the front page, you're already into your next "Indy Jones" project! :)

Looks like fun! Cheers, mate!

- Philipp

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #1637 on: September 24, 2017, 01:28:18 AM »
I know I write this all the time when I see something new from you but I really think this is your best work so far.
I love the fire and smoke effects and also the weathering on the AT-AT driver.

Excellent work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1638 on: September 24, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
Thank you for your detailed reply, Ron! Wow, I haven't known that! All I know is that you made Shawn's week! He was so happy when you uploaded the pictures of this project!
I actually do have more pictures of many events I went to over the last years...I might do a new topic on these at all the right places :D

I totally agree with you on Hasbro's figures! Most of them have amazing detail! They only lack of paint apps. The Battle Droids I am currently repainting are just one more example. I often realize how much depth it adds to the figures and vehicles when I paint and weather them.
As I already saw on the front page, you're already into your next "Indy Jones" project! :)

Looks like fun! Cheers, mate!

- Philipp

Cheers Philip and I would love to see pics from the events, I live in pretty far away to a major city so getting to events is very pricey but the last two years we have had what we call Magneticon it's the same as a comic con but smaller.

I know I write this all the time when I see something new from you but I really think this is your best work so far.
I love the fire and smoke effects and also the weathering on the AT-AT driver.

Excellent work!

Thanks heaps buddy and yeah I'm really stoked with the way the AT-AT head turned out.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #1639 on: September 25, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »
What can I say Ron except - WOW, truly outstanding mate!  Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1640 on: September 25, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
What can I say Ron except - WOW, truly outstanding mate!  Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Thanks heaps Richard and on the SW front I have the new Hasbro landspeeder so I'll be doing a dio with that in the next few weeks.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1641 on: October 03, 2017, 04:24:32 AM »
Hi All,

I have started on another project while waiting for spakfilla and paint to dry on the boulder dio.

This dio will depict three Stormtroopers fighting on the moon of Endor, the trunks are a branch I found at my daughter's schoold. I cut it to length and then treated it Methylated Spirits and left in in the sun to dry out.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Marshal
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Endor Assault WIP 6" P110 03/10/17
« Reply #1642 on: October 03, 2017, 05:09:32 AM »
Like this Ron, can't wait to watch the development of this.

Richard

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1643 on: October 03, 2017, 02:25:05 PM »
Like this Ron, can't wait to watch the development of this.

Richard

Thanks Richard, I will be doing the Troopers today and then I will be starting on the dio and will get pics up once I start it.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1644 on: October 04, 2017, 02:06:55 AM »
Another great project. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1645 on: October 04, 2017, 02:23:24 AM »
Another great project. Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1646 on: October 07, 2017, 03:34:33 AM »
Hi All,

While the moss is drying on the boulder chase dio I started doing more work to the Endor Assualt dio.

I have added the edges by using balsa wood and then I used aluminium foil to make the rock area's by crumpling the foil then gluing in place.

Once I had completed adding the rocks I then used a mix of spakfilla/sand/PVA glue/sand and Vallejo Chocolate Brown for the first part of the ground work I then applied it to the base using a damp medium brush.

Once the mix was applied and was still wet I applied the top part of the ground work using a mix of sand/static grass/ diced dry leaves/diced lichen moss and small clumps of railway clump bushes.  Once this mix was applied I then softly pressed the mix into the first applied mix.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Endor Assault WIP 6" P110 07/10/17
« Reply #1647 on: October 07, 2017, 07:07:01 AM »
Wow, a third update. I am wondering if you got any sleep last night. Great work here though. Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1648 on: October 07, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
Wow, a third update. I am wondering if you got any sleep last night. Great work here though. Off to share.

LOL, yeah some and cheers Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1649 on: October 11, 2017, 04:38:54 AM »
Hi All,

have also done some more work on the Endor dio.

The rocks were given their last wash of beige brown and once dry I used a mix of sand/spakfilla/paint to make the moss and then I used a brush to apply it to the trees and rocks.

The destroyed speeder is from Hasbro which I have had in the spare part bix for ages. I used a pair of snippers to cut it up and also to make the damaged sctions of the speeder.

Next up I will paint and weather the speeder and start adding vegetation.

Ron