Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 440378 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Scout Trooper -Endor Assault WIP P87. 02/04/17
« Reply #1305 on: April 02, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Scout Trooper -Endor Assault Completed P87. 03/04/17
« Reply #1306 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:25 AM »
Yepper, this one is great all the way around. Off to share. Love that water effect.

Offline larifari

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #1307 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
Ron,your works are fantastic.Im a huge fan of your works!  :o

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1308 on: April 03, 2017, 04:41:14 PM »
Hi All,

Yepper, this one is great all the way around. Off to share. Love that water effect.

Hey Shawn, I was a little worried when I was doing the tiny bubbles as I have never done bubbles before but I was stoked with the way the whole water area turned out and thanks heaps mate.

Ron,your works are fantastic.Im a huge fan of your works!  :o

Cheers buddy and I also am a huge fan of your works.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1309 on: April 04, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
Hi All,

Added the spakfilla/sand mix to the walls and have built and undercoated the equipment for the small dio. The equipment was made using a lid from a toothpick container a deodorant lid, plastic tube and curtain rod ends and I piece of foam board.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1310 on: April 04, 2017, 04:26:49 AM »
Hi All,

While the spakfilla/sand mix was drying I decided to also do a small dio of Solo on Takodana TFA after Maz's place gets destroyed. The walls so is done using blue high density foam. The figure will be articulated and will just be repainted and weathered.

Ron

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Tatooine 2 in 1 and Solo Dio WIP P88. 03/04/17
« Reply #1311 on: April 04, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »
That biker scout dio has to be one of  my favorites of yours Ron.

BTW, I still  admire your paint tube organizer, and I appreciate you giving me the link, but it was just a little too pricey for me. I did find a nice alternative though. Clear acrylic make-up organizers are just the right size for Vallejo and Testors.  I found 5 in a clearance aisle.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:51:16 AM by Sjefke »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1312 on: April 04, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »
That biker scout dio has to be one of  my favorites of yours Ron.

BTW, I still  admire your paint tube organizer, and I appreciate you giving me the link, but it was just a little too pricey for me. I did find a nice alternative though. Clear acrylic make-up organizers are just the right size for Vallejo and Testors.  I found 5 in a clearance aisle.

Thanks heaps mate and I was lucky when they first came out and got them cheap and I have seen the new clear ones and was thinking of getting them for when I move into the new house.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1313 on: April 05, 2017, 02:28:27 AM »
Great progress on both dios. Off to share the latest.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1314 on: April 05, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
Hi All,

Great progress on both dios. Off to share the latest.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1315 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:01 PM »
Hi All,

Started paint Solo and haveing painted him and now just need to do some weathering. The face and hair has also been painted and I jsut need to tone the skin down a little.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Solo Dio WIP P88. 06/04/17
« Reply #1316 on: April 06, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
Hi All,

The Solo dio is complete and I will get the usual pics tomorrow. The stones were painted with Vallejo's Dark Grey and then a wash of medium brown was added over the stones.

One dry pastel chalks were used to were the stones and the ground work and Solo was given some subtle washes to the uniform and also the face.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1317 on: April 06, 2017, 02:26:37 AM »
Pretty sweet Ron. Pretty sweet. Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1318 on: April 06, 2017, 03:08:59 AM »
Ron, there's no chance for us to catch up and comment on all your projects. Once I am done writing my comment you've already uploaded pics of your next project in the meantime...

So...

Endor: The Scout is weathered very well! The dio itself: What can I say? It's what I define as perfect! The water effect looks brlliantly realistic! I am going to improve my water-effect-skills too in the near future.

Tatooine: Man, I've been trying to achieve this effect on the walls for 8 years by now. Okay, I have to say I worked on my Mos Eisley dio from 2009-2010. Then there was a break until 2016. In the meantime I gained some experience and do some experiments on the building's walls right now.
Here comes my question: This Spakfilla does some wonders. So you only mix acrylic paint with that stuff and that's it? I wish I could find some similar material to Spakfilla here in Germany...

I also like all the different shaped objects you put on your dioramas!

Han Solo & Display: The display base looks pretty sweet! The repainted head sculpt makes him an all new figure! It's just incredible how Hasbro was not able to make Han look like in TFA...
Some weeks ago I had the exact same idea with my 6" Han, which I bought from some Chinese seller (viperskingdom) on eBay. I got it loose for $12 and I think it was cheap enough to give it a try. There's just one problem: My painting skills aren't as good as yours BY FAR! Let's see when I dare to repaint his hair and face as well!

BIG THUMBS UP, MATE!

Any new project, yet? Good...I double-checked so I guess I can post this comment now...has the paint dried, yet?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:16:15 AM by legion078 »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1319 on: April 06, 2017, 03:22:15 PM »
Hi All,

Pretty sweet Ron. Pretty sweet. Off to share.

Cheers Shawn and I'll have the normal pics up by the end of the day.

Ron, there's no chance for us to catch up and comment on all your projects. Once I am done writing my comment you've already uploaded pics of your next project in the meantime...

So...

Endor: The Scout is weathered very well! The dio itself: What can I say? It's what I define as perfect! The water effect looks brlliantly realistic! I am going to improve my water-effect-skills too in the near future.

Tatooine: Man, I've been trying to achieve this effect on the walls for 8 years by now. Okay, I have to say I worked on my Mos Eisley dio from 2009-2010. Then there was a break until 2016. In the meantime I gained some experience and do some experiments on the building's walls right now.
Here comes my question: This Spakfilla does some wonders. So you only mix acrylic paint with that stuff and that's it? I wish I could find some similar material to Spakfilla here in Germany...

I also like all the different shaped objects you put on your dioramas!

Han Solo & Display: The display base looks pretty sweet! The repainted head sculpt makes him an all new figure! It's just incredible how Hasbro was not able to make Han look like in TFA...
Some weeks ago I had the exact same idea with my 6" Han, which I bought from some Chinese seller (viperskingdom) on eBay. I got it loose for $12 and I think it was cheap enough to give it a try. There's just one problem: My painting skills aren't as good as yours BY FAR! Let's see when I dare to repaint his hair and face as well!

BIG THUMBS UP, MATE!

Any new project, yet? Good...I double-checked so I guess I can post this comment now...has the paint dried, yet?

Thanks heaps buddy and yeah I have been very lucky building these dios and figure and a great rate. But saying that I am semi retired and for example the Solo dio if I was working would take me 2 days to make but being semi retired it only took me a day  so I can get them done faster now.

Really glad you liked the Endor dio and the hardest part for me was the tiny bubbles as I have never done bubbles before and I finally used a small paint brush to make them.

For the spakfilla I will add a little water to get the pancake type mix I like to work with. With the walls I will have the mix as follows, spakfilla/paint/water/PVA glue, the glue is used so that it adheres better to the walls.

For making sand this is what I do , spakfilla/sand/water/paint and before I add it to the base I use a model knife and cut lines into the base so the it as something to bind to.

With Solo trust me when I say it took me years to get to know how to paint faces and hair, I just kept practicing on cheap figures and also 1:6 scale heads as you need more detail on them as they are bigger and once you like the way you do that scale you just start on the smaller scales.

For the objects I like a mini hoarder and keep lids of all types bottles, straws etc and when I want a object on a dio I just throw thins together until I like what I see.

LOL, I do have the Tatooine dios I'm doing but I'm just letting the sand dry on them and will have WIP pics of them today.

Ron