Author Topic: Hemble's Dio's 2- Endor, Enemy Contact - 1:12 15/09/2023  (Read 443557 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - FO Trooper - Jakku Completed P70. 25/01/17
« Reply #1065 on: January 30, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »
Since your one of the diorama gurus here... how would clear cast work for a wampa cave? What would be best to keep it from being purely clear but still translucent?

Cheers mate and honestly I have never cast anything is resin but I actually did watch a youtube vid on how to make ice waterfalls and it looks pretty awesome and here are the links, I hope these help.

For the AT-AT Driver dio I did I used iceciles using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and I all did was pour it out and then spread the mixture out and once dry it goes clear and then I just add a little watered down white to it. Once the white had dried then add a little watered down dark blue to it and once that dries I just rolled them to form the ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flggwkpx1rI

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1066 on: January 31, 2017, 02:59:15 AM »
Hi All,

Doing another two diorama's and it will be two Shore troopers (Officer & Sargeant) and it will be able to go together like the 3-3/4" Shore troopers I did a few weeks back.

So far the figures are 95% done and I just need to add the red symbol to the top right side of the helmet. The figures are BS 6" Shore troopers Sargeant and I converted one to a officer by removing the karma and adding thigh armour and the Sargeant's karma was removed and replaced with a cloth one.

I glued the joints and then puttied then up and then added tissue to the cloth sections and then they were painted and weathered using Vallejo and Game Workshop paints.

The bases so far are bases from the Bandai figures and they were glued together and then balsao wood frames were added.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1067 on: January 31, 2017, 02:59:55 AM »
last one

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1068 on: January 31, 2017, 03:36:30 AM »

Hey Shawn, I was thinking that 90% of my pieces from around 2006 to present are on the link below and everyone can view them without being a member and it would easier for people to view what do you think?

http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=creator&id=409

Ron
Ron

Leave ISY to view customs on other sites? Are you crazy? LOL, all joking aside bud, I was just thinking it would be cool to have all your work here so we would never loose it. Sites come and go as you well know.

I wasn't thinking it would be all at once either. You could share one a week or one a month till we got em all here. I could feature em as you share em. All I was thinking about was just to make sure we never loose the images or description, etc. For the betterment of future customizers!

Anyhew, I like you new dio too, two in one. Off to share that one now!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1069 on: January 31, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

Hey Shawn, I was thinking that 90% of my pieces from around 2006 to present are on the link below and everyone can view them without being a member and it would easier for people to view what do you think?

http://www.figurerealm.com/customfigure?action=creator&id=409

Ron

Leave ISY to view customs on other sites? Are you crazy? LOL, all joking aside bud, I was just thinking it would be cool to have all your work here so we would never loose it. Sites come and go as you well know.

I wasn't thinking it would be all at once either. You could share one a week or one a month till we got em all here. I could feature em as you share em. All I was thinking about was just to make sure we never loose the images or description, etc. For the betterment of future customizers!

Anyhew, I like you new dio too, two in one. Off to share that one now!

Hey Shawn, yeah good point mate and were would you like me to load them to ?

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Shore Troopers WIP 6 inch P72. 31/01/17
« Reply #1070 on: February 01, 2017, 02:51:29 AM »
You can put em in your SW or non SW section. That or create a new dio thread whichever is easier for you. I for one cannot wait to see what work of yours I haven't seen yet!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1071 on: February 03, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
You can put em in your SW or non SW section. That or create a new dio thread whichever is easier for you. I for one cannot wait to see what work of yours I haven't seen yet!

Hey Shawn, I'll make a new folder in the Non SW section today. Even thou there are older SW dios I'll put them in there as well.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1072 on: February 03, 2017, 04:23:59 PM »
Hi All,

Hi All,

Started on the Palm tree for the 6" BS Shoretroopers. The trunk is a piece of card board tube with string wrapped around it and then tissue paper wrapped around and then soaked using diluted PVA glue. The palm leaves are pieces of paper cut out then painted and then washes added to them.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1073 on: February 03, 2017, 04:30:14 PM »
Hi All,

This Fett dio is for a client and he wanted Fett to be taking off firing his blaster in his right hand and the left will be the flame thrower. I built the figure (Bandai) and then glued the joints and puttied them up, he still needs more painting and weathering done to him.

The base is the one that comes with the figure and it has balsa wood sides, it is till a WIP and I then used left over plastic card, GIJoe guns, paints lids and an old power plug for the deisign.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Hemble's Dio's 2 - Shore Troopers WIP 6 inch P72. 04/02/17
« Reply #1074 on: February 04, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
Ron, you turn premium figures into masterpieces and even turn them into statues! I like the way you cover the joints and paint them! They look just like in the movie!
You are so hard-working on your projects that I couldn't even comment on your Phase II Clone Commander! It looks brilliant! When I started collecting in 2005 Hasbro sold many variations of Clone Trooper and Commanders and I immediately fell in love with them! I think the blue (yet unnamed) Clone Commander from the Coruscant Battle Pack is also a very interesting one!
The plants by JoeFix look amazing!

I also love your cahracter-based display stands! The AT-AT Driver and Boba Fett look incrediblly well on them! What do you use for the snow?

- Philipp

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1075 on: February 04, 2017, 04:18:23 AM »
Ron, you turn premium figures into masterpieces and even turn them into statues! I like the way you cover the joints and paint them! They look just like in the movie!
You are so hard-working on your projects that I couldn't even comment on your Phase II Clone Commander! It looks brilliant! When I started collecting in 2005 Hasbro sold many variations of Clone Trooper and Commanders and I immediately fell in love with them! I think the blue (yet unnamed) Clone Commander from the Coruscant Battle Pack is also a very interesting one!
The plants by JoeFix look amazing!

I also love your cahracter-based display stands! The AT-AT Driver and Boba Fett look incrediblly well on them! What do you use for the snow?

- Philipp

Thanks heaps Phillip and really glad that you have been enjoying my work. The snow is just watered down spakfilla and I just keep adding water until it is like a paste consistency and then add it to the base.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1076 on: February 04, 2017, 04:18:57 AM »

Hi All,

I'm 90% done with these two dios, I just need to add the vegetation and paint the sides and then a little more weathering.

The pipes/hoses ate just old electrical cord cut to size and then glued in place. the tarmac is a piece of cardboard and then I painted it and the FOD lines with Vallejo paints.

The sand was done by mixing sand/spakfilla/paint and a little water together and then it was spread over the bases.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1077 on: February 04, 2017, 06:37:21 AM »
Thank you Ron! I will try some snow effect on my next project.

The palm trees are a great idea and look awesome! Yesterday, I watched Rogue One for the second time and I am a big fan of it especially of the Battle over and on Scarif! I wish you a lot of fun with these projects! They look great already! Also a very nice idea with the old cable!

- Philipp

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1078 on: February 04, 2017, 08:19:58 AM »
They look great Ron. I love how these go together to form a mega dio.

I could so see you doing a project with about twenty of these going together to form a monster dio.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1079 on: February 04, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
Thank you Ron! I will try some snow effect on my next project.

The palm trees are a great idea and look awesome! Yesterday, I watched Rogue One for the second time and I am a big fan of it especially of the Battle over and on Scarif! I wish you a lot of fun with these projects! They look great already! Also a very nice idea with the old cable!

- Philipp

Thanks Phillip, I have been having a great time doing these dios, The Shoretroopers are my second favourite troopers and doing the palm trees is a great challenge as I haven't done two the same yet as they all come out different.

They look great Ron. I love how these go together to form a mega dio.

I could so see you doing a project with about twenty of these going together to form a monster dio.

Cheers Shawn, I have been wanting to do these types of dios for a while now but now I have been discharged it gives me the time to do them. My two ultimate dioramas are a DS and Tatooine and they will be able to connect up together.

Ron