Royal Guard
General Grevious
Snaggletooth
Bespin Lando
Bespin Han Solo
Ithorian (Hammerhead ANH)
Jaxxon (Marvel Comics)
Grand Admiral Thrawn
ARC Trooper Commander Colt (REMOVABLE HELMET)
ARC Trooper Commander Blitz
ARC Trooper Havoc
ARC Trooper Hammer
ARC Trooper Echo (REMOVABLE HELMET)
ARC Trooper Fives (REMOVABLE HELMET)
Echo (BAD BATCH)
Commander Fil
Scythe (TANGO COMPANY)
Trap (TANGO COMPANY)
Ox (TANGO COMPANY)
Edge (TANGO COMPANY)
Havoc (TANGO COMPANY)
Pulsar (TANGO COMPANY)
Goji (Pilot)
Rod (Pilot)
Denal
Denal (CAD BANE DISGUISE)
Dogma
Kix
Jesse
Hardcase
Republic Commando Gregor
Buzz (w/ Minigun)
Axe
Kickback
Pre Visla
Mandolorian (MAUL FOLLOWER)
Maul Super Commando (MANDO)
Kit Fisto (CW)
Sixtat (THE BOX)
Embo (THE BOX)
Derrown (THE BOX)
Jakoli (THE BOX)
Rako Hardeen (THE BOX)
Darth Revan ( kotor)
Arcanna (kotor knights of the Fallen empire video game)
Royal Guard Kir kanos (crimson empire)
Rako hardeen (clone wars)
Bo katan
Hondo Karr (in Mandalorian Beskar'gam)
Dr. Demagol
Imperial dignitary Sim Aloo
Trachta (with removable breather)
Special edition Sifo Dyas with jedi robes and rasis chamber
clone trooper Tup
clone commander fox
Kage Warrior leader (clone wars ep "bounty")
Qu Rahn (in jedi robes)
Rahm kota
proxy droid
obelislk (mandalorian droid)
Darth Vindican

Author Topic: 2015 6" Fans Choice Poll  (Read 8608 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: 2015 6" Fans Choice Poll
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
Sort of disappointed that Darth Reagan won. Out of the thousands of different variations of chatacters to choose from, the nomination went to the one that's never been in a movie or even a cartoon. Ohh yeah and they're making that pink boba fett now too for being in second place.  I don't see myself getting either one. I'm almost afraid to see what will win the next vote. And yes I understand the reason behind fan's choice is to get figures in production that will otherwise have no chance, but cummon. The choices were lackluster, general grievous is already in preproduction, "Ben" Kenobi is cool but not the most exciting and Gamorean gaurd I thought would be the best got nearly zero votes. Gamorean guard would have at least gone with several other figures. Jabba, slave Leia, boushh Leia, ROTJ Luke, Chewbacca, Boba fett, Greedo, r2d2, the upcoming c3po. What do you do with a Legends character from a completely different era from every other figure.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:16:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 01:04:36 PM »
Well not going to lie, any EU character will probably win due to the high demand, and if you add the rest of the nominations beside sabine and Revan together the movie characters still had no chance.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2015, 01:14:16 PM »
Yeah. To each their own is what I always say. Just seems odd to me, but I'm odd too. Evidently. I guess I can understand that EU merchandise is few and far between so people chomp at the bit for it. Like I said just a bit disappointed. Doesn't Darth Revan look an awful lot like the episode VII villain.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:13:23 PM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 09:11:52 PM »
Well on the bright side regardless of the vote Hasbro did say at SDCC that they will continue to put out a variety of figures even during ep. VII, and yes he does look quite similar. Disney said something along the lines of picking at the EU's carcass for inspiration. Maybe that has something to do with it, but Revan, against what most web articles are saying about the vote, isn't a sith, nor a jedi he ends up something his own as a master of both sides of the force, it's a long tangled story.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 09:39:21 PM »
Like I said a while back they'll be slicing the pie several times. Prequels, original trillogy , new trilogy and now they're making Rebels in 6". So unless they ramp up production and have waves of 6 instead of 3-4 it would take a long time to get around to Zuckuss or Royal guard stuff like that. But I'm not really butt hurt about it. Is what it is. Rising of the tide.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 11:06:53 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 04:48:14 AM »
I need to find out more about Revan myself. I thought he was Sith. Anyhew, I can share some of your pain when it comes to OT Characters loosing out on polls like this. I think between the kids and really savy EU Fans most fans choice polls from here on out are gonna be biased a bit. I know the confusion I felt when Jocasta Nu won one of our fans choice polls. Then all it did was sit at Brians Toys till they had to clearance it. I think the big thing to be learned is that if we want the figures we want out of a fans choice poll we are gonna have to be pretty aggressive in promoting it and getting our buds to vote for certain figures. Although I will say David Filoni pretty much got Sabine made.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 05:22:23 AM »
Well I don't think the demand for Jocasta Nu wasn't there, but a $25? (at least I think that's what it was) price tag is just too hard to swallow for her, especially when at the time figures were only $8 yet, and who asked for the Dooku bust? Revan, by the way, has a novel, but I recommend playing the knights of the old republic games first, or it won't be as appealing, and attachment to the characters won't be as strong. Though if video games aren't your thing, the book is still pretty good.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 05:34:51 AM »
That was my point about Nu. Folks showed up and voted for here out the yazoo totally scewing the vote from our regular members. I hate to gripe though as with most votes here if we can get over 50 I am amazed. I will have to pick up both the video game and book.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 07:03:06 AM »
I don't want to beat a dead horse, I wonder if Hasbro will have restrictions on upcoming Fan's choice polls. I'm new to modern star wars figures, back in my day we didn't have Fan's choice you got what they gave you and we didn't complain. Lol. But if they had movie or scene specific polls that would be interesting. Like favorite Rebels character or prequel character EU character or cantina patron something like that. I've seen some 3.75 Fan's choice that was a really random figure of one of  Jabba's  goons I'm not sure how that came to be. It wasn't Ephant Mon he was fan's choice too but the other big goofy guy, forgot his name. Like mando'25 said it'll just be EU characters every time. They'll just sit on the shelf once all the EU fans and avid collectors bought theirs. Your average Joe doesn't want to pay $20+ for a figure they've never heard of.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:24:47 AM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 07:20:24 AM »
Are you thinking of Ephant Mon? I was too young to know much about the vote, but I think he won because he's huge, on the pegs he took up like twice the space, but I agree he's a bit random. Though I'd bet many would say Zuckuss is a random character, especially the younger fans. I wouldn't be surprised if they limited the vote, I doubt disney is happy with the outcome of this one. If they did selective polls, they could do a hole wave of fan's choice, I'd buy into that, especially when that's like a wave that's guaranteed to sell.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Hasbro made Bossk and IG88. talk about random IG88 is only shown for a split second,(well except for the props they made out of his parts) but he is pretty cool. Its really hard to predict the next wave they haven't done c3po or lando but they have Bossk. Just really bizzar. People say, ohh well they'll eventually get around to Royal guard, but nobody knows. 6 inch scale is really new. 3.75" has been around for almost 40 years and they've made almost every character under the suns. I just hope it doesn't take 40 years to get a Skiff guard Lando or something like that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:00:13 AM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
That's a good point, C3po does surprise me, especially when they did R2 right away, and eventually is a long time. They'll get to it, just who knows when ???. The royal guard you'd think has a good chance since there is a huge demand for a 3.75" repack, maybe they'll do a 6" instead. I just hope that the 6" is as awesome as that last 3.75".

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
I think the reason they haven't done 3po is because his articulation is unusual. Figure fans want super articulation but 3po is really stiff. Personally I don't think Hasbro will ever top the Bandai C3PO, or revoltech for that matter. But they cant avoid it any longer so it will be interesting how they create his moving parts. With the Royal Guard I have no idea why Hasbro isn't making them in every series. I looked up some prices on them a while back and geez Louise its insaine, of course you need at least 2 you can't have just one that would be lame. its as if were made to suffer its our lot in life. Lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 05:26:26 AM »
We have asked about 3po before and they are having a hard time with the vac metal paint job although from what I understand he is back scheduled for release again (we were supposed to get him last October).

As for the fans choice poll, this is the first time I saw them open it up that wide. There have been a ton of characters lucasfilm made off limits before, but now that disney has it they have relaxed that a bit. Take the Tonnika Sisters for example. They were a no no for every poll we did till the last one. I am also surprised they even let EU (legendary they call it now) characters into the mix.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 07:29:33 AM »
Yes I was shocked they let the EU characters in, might have been market research for disney to see how popular the EU really is. A lot of people write it off as only die hards know it, but I know a lot of casual readers, and gamers that love it. I also thought disney stated something about picking, and choosing things from the EU, so maybe Revan will be cannon again.