General Collecting > Misc. non Star Wars

"Jurassic World" Surprise

(1/1)

The Spectre:
Back in February at Toy Fair Hasbro unveiled their "Jurassic World" line.

One of the more unusual offerings was the "Stegoceratops", a hybrid dinosaur that was essentially a Stegosaurus with the head of a Triceratops (top pic).

As the film already dealt with a hybrid dinosaur as the driving force of the plot, having another hybrid dino in the toyline did not seem too out of place. The Hasbro rep, when questioned mentioned that it was an in house design that did not appear in the film. Several people present at Toy Fair made comments about the "Stegoceratops" calling it an unnecessary addition to the line and referring to it as "made up junk to pad out the line".

Well, I saw the movie this morning, and it IS in the movie, albeit in a round about way. It appears as one of the images cycling on a monitor in Dr. Wu's "secret" hybrid lab (bottom pic). There is a running subplot in the film about using hybrid dinosaurs for military applications (this subplot is also a potential hint about future installments of the franchise).

I now expect it to become one of the more sought after figures from the first wave...

Tamer:
I saw it last night and remember seeing it too. Cool tidbit there Dan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version