Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day 2015  (Read 957 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Happy Memorial Day 2015
« on: May 25, 2015, 07:25:35 AM »

We here at Imperialshipyards.net want to take the time to remember our service members and their families today. Without them we wouldn't have this hobby or our beloved movies for that matter!

I found out a bit of history about this holiday today. It was originally called Decoration Day as a way to pay tribute to fallen service member's graves. It wasn't orginaly recognized as a National Holiday till 1967 which seems kind of shame. I visited some grave sites over the weekend and it was a shame to see the state some of our service members graves were in. I cleaned a few off and made sure the flags were there. I hope perhaps someone will do that for me when I am there someday.

Hats off to all of our heroes, EMT, service members, first responders, hospital workers and other associated emergency workers who allow us to live free and stay that way. We sure do take them for-granted at times I do believe.

It is actually US Law that today at 3PM we are supposed to stop what we are doing and have a moment of silence for our fallen heroes today and I aim to do it today and every other Memorial Day. Feel free to leave your own message to those folks here today.