Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 101647 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #390 on: February 23, 2021, 10:06:23 PM »
She looks great!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2021, 03:26:57 AM »
Wow, she looks fantastic. I mean awesome!

Off to the front pages.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2021, 12:34:26 PM »
Thanks for all your comments, glad those Leias were so well liked. Here's another from the Expanded Universe.

Mara Jade 6" custom

Uses repainted DC Comics Icons 12 Atomica. Repainted head from Marvel Avengers Captain Marvel (one with limited articulation). Arms from WWE Alexa Bliss (Battle Pack w/Nia Jax). 2 pairs of hands repainted from DC Collectibles Arrow Black Canary. The cuffs are cut from the ends of 2 6" TBS General Veers' holsters (which I had used for the 6" Imperial Officer customs). Boots from DC Collectibles Batman Arkham City Talia Al Ghul - the feet weren't articulated so I cut them off and dremeled them to fit the Atomica ankle pegs, then hollowed out the boot calf pieces to slot over the Atomica lower legs.

Repainted and modified cowl from 6" TBS Rey (w/Jakku speeder). Goggles cut and repainted from helmet of 3.75" TVC 72 Naboo Pilot with elastic attached. Harness straps made from synthetic leather strips. Harness disc is made from a plastic washer cut to shape with an added smaller plastic disc. Repainted and modified belt from 6" TBS 22 Jyn Erso - added a plastic piece for lightsaber hook, back holster is from 6" TBS 44 Rey Jedi Training. Retouched holdout blaster from 3.75" POTF/EU Mara Jade. Side blaster and lightsaber from 6" TBS 56 Jaina Solo.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #393 on: February 26, 2021, 12:48:09 AM »
She's gorgeous! You put a lot of thought into all the parts, and a lot if work into making her seamless. All the thought and hard work (and the many different figures that sacrificed bits) worked to make a truly wonderful figure. Your paint job is brilliant as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #394 on: February 26, 2021, 03:58:22 AM »
Wow, what a recipe. You used a lot of different parts to put together one beautiful custom action figure. I agree, she is just gorgeous.

My internet is way wonky this morning, but I am definitely trying to put this beauty on the front pages.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #395 on: February 26, 2021, 06:38:12 AM »
Gorgeous! That cpt Marvel head repainted looks great!

Offline L-Jarvis customs

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lieutenant
  • You were the chosen one!
« Reply #396 on: February 26, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »
Nice work on the Mara Jade!! That’s inspiring!
Remember why the Sith are more powerful than the Jedi, Sidious: because we are not afraid to feel.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2021, 06:33:07 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your comments on the Mara Jade. Back to the current Expanded Universe, but this time in 3.75"

Black Krrsantan & Dr Aphra (Marvel Comics)

Black Krrsantan custom: Uses parts from 2 TBS Merumeru figures. I replaced the right shield forearm on one with a left one from the other. The head is from a POTJ Chewbacca Mechanic with the deadlocks attached from a Merumeru. The bandolier is made combining parts from the 2 Merumeru. The spikes on the shoulder plates are horns cut from some cheap small dinosaur figures. The buckle is made from parts of the bandolier, with a piece of celtic knot jewellery in the centre. Bowcaster from SW Saga 03/14 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt.

Dr Aphra with removable hat: Uses TVC 129 with modified head. I took off the hat w/hair piece from the head and dremeled out the inside of the hat to make it thinner and cut off the hair pieces - I left a little bit of the hair at the ends of the hat flaps and painted them as though they were straps. I thinned out and modified a hair piece taken off a Marvel Infinites Emma Frost, then repainted and glued it to the Dr Aphra head.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2021, 03:28:05 PM »
That's the best Krrsatan I've seen. I always call him black Kazakhstan. Lol. Anyway the Aphra looks great too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #399 on: March 02, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
I like the modification to Aphra,. Krrsantan looks really good. I agree with JDeck, its the best interpretation I have seen of him in 3.75." Really excellent work!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2021, 03:56:58 AM »
Wow great work all around. That headgear on Aphra looks so much better. That web gear on your wookie is fantastic too. Thanks for sharing these.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2021, 10:20:16 AM »
Hell yeah! I love your Black Krrsantan & Dr Aphra figures!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #402 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »
Huge improvement on Aphra! Good work on giving her better hair sculpt. Clean dremel work on the flight cap too!

Your rendition of BK is definitely a home run as well. That paint work looks great, especially near his scar. Great work overall!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »
Thank you all for your comments on the Aphra customs, sorry I haven't responded sooner.

Here's some alternative faces and headscarf mods for 6" TBS Hoth Rebel Troopers. This is a great figure, but I wish they had made the cap without any scarf elements on it.

The first uses a repainted face cut from 6" TBS 23 Cassian Andor. I took off the long scarf and added pieces cut from a 3.75" TVC 116 Rey Jakku scarf head around the cap. All goggles' elastic replaced with white.

Below: Head from 6" TBS Archive Han Hoth with alternative repainted & cut down headscarfs from 6" TBS 22 Jyn Erso. I really don't like this small Han head on the Han Hoth, but the size works well with this all-over headscarf.

Below left: Repainted face cut from 6" TBS 40th Death Squad Commander and long scarf replaced with longer scarf cut from 6" TBS 23 Cassian Andor cap. Below Right: Repainted face cut from 6" TBS 27 Director Krennic and repainted scarf.

6" Han & Luke Hoth customs coming soon...

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2021, 01:26:39 AM »
I agree with previous commentators, Krrsantan & Dr Aphra look most impressive! Had the same thougt as Tamer when I saw his Bowcaster - that's such a brilliant use of the missile-firing version. Even a toy can look realistic right? Also love the golden gear on Krrsantan and the scar on his face looks extremely well done, too!
Aphra is still my favorite, she looks like the 6" version scaled down. It's such a shame that Hasbro didn't make the single card release with a removable hat, instead of a sloppy repack of the Special Figure Set. How did you make her hair then? Is it sculpted and the hat drilled out? She looks amazing!

I agree on the Hoth Rebel Soldier. A helmet without any any sculpted cloth elements would've been nice. Still, it's great to see how much variety comes with just one figure. The two different face plates were such a milestone and I wish every The Black Series figure came with that many accessories...