Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 101877 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2020, 06:15:28 AM »
I agree, just awesome customs. Nice.

Off to the front pages.

I am so gonna track down that comic.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
I agree, just awesome customs. Nice.

Off to the front pages.

I am so gonna track down that comic.

Found this last night... Might help... You can view every page as jpg. Too 😉

https://archive.org/download/StarWarsComicBooks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2020, 04:34:12 AM »

Found this last night... Might help... You can view every page as jpg. Too 😉

https://archive.org/download/StarWarsComicBooks

Well how cool is that. Thank You!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2020, 04:52:23 AM »
I agree with JDeck and (SID)! Both look as if they just jumped off a TLC  Comic Pack. The combination of parts and goggles are truly impressive! I could well see you making a diorama for them now.
You put some nice work and brilliant kit-bashing into these.
Really hope Hasbro will give us more Comic characters in the Vintage Collection. Doctor Aphra was such a sweet treat.
Awesome work & thanks for sharing. I’ll now take a look at the link which (SID) provided. Thanks in advance, mate!

- Philipp

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2020, 05:35:33 AM »
Thanks for all your comments, glad you like them. That archive is a great find, (SID). Here's more "Iskalon Effect". Same base figures as previous Scuba Diver customs, but with added soft goods and alternate accessories.

Leia: Soft goods poncho made from material off an umbrella. Belt from TBS Luke Dagobah with holster from TVC Rey Island Journey (I had cut off the original holster for a previous Luke custom).
Luke: Soft goods jacket made from TBS 6" Rey Island Journey poncho (leftover pieces from a previous Rey custom). Belt from TVC Luke Bespin.

Luke with alternate 'wet look' head from the Luke Stormtrooper custom I did a while back, which was a modified head from TAC Concept Luke. Luke and Leia (Scuba Divers) with 'Stingers' - blasters from 2 POTF Greedos.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2020, 05:39:14 AM »
I’m afraid I still got a crush on Bastila...wow, both look amazing ESPECIALLY Leia’s poncho! Thanks for all the recipes, too! When stores open tomorrow again, I’ll need to look for some umbrellas - for obvious reasons. Brilliant work there, mate!

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2020, 05:18:06 PM »
Thanks all for your comments, glad you like them. Here's another version of the Arbra Speeder Bike bike with Chewbacca.

"Wuuh uughguughhhghghghhhgh huurh aarrragghuuhw!"
I bet that made his eyes water!

This is a modified TBS Chewbacca. Because the legs wouldn't spread apart enough to sit astride the bike, I sliced them off and fitted pegs (from the neck joint off a 6" figure, not sure which) into the figure and dremeled sockets in the top of the legs. This allows enough side movement to sit on the bike. This version of the bike has removable panniers that are 2 backpacks from the POTF Endor Rebel Soldier. I would also like to add some extra baggage on both versions and I might put some additional foot rests for Chewbacca, as his legs are too long to fit on the existing ones.

The Arbra speeder is awesome!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2020, 02:13:52 AM »
Wow, that umbrella material made a great poncho for Leia. Great new update.

Off to the front pages.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2020, 05:51:39 AM »
Thanks again for your comments. Glad you like the poncho, Tamer. I was worried at first that the umbrella material would fray easily, but it seems to be holding up well.
Here's some more Classic Marvel Star Wars - Luke and Shira Brie (X-Wing Pilots). I was disappointed with the TLC Evolutions Shira Brie, so I've made a custom of her. I have done 2 heads - one with longer hair more like in the comic and another with shorter hair to be able to fit the helmet.

Luke: Mainly from TLC Luke Snowspeeder. Gloves and lower legs from TLC-SL Luke X-Wing. Head from TVC Luke Bespin. Holster from TBS Boxed Cassian Andor.

Shira: Mainly from TLC Evolutions Cesi 'Doc' Eirriss, with stomach section sanded down to accommodate modified skirt from TLC Luke Snowspeeder. Upper arms from TLC Luke Snowspeeder. Collar modified from TBS Luke Hoth.
Head with longer hair: Modified and repainted from Angelica (Pirates of the Caribbean).
Head with shorter hair: Repainted hair taken from Solo Force Link Qi'ra (Corellia) and glued on to repainted head from Marvel Infinite Series Emma Frost.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »
Amazing work!

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #340 on: March 11, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
Whoa that is some great uses for the heads. Especially that Qi'ra. I got many of her for $2 so I'll throw one on an Old POTJ luke pilot body 😉. Great work as always mate. Your figures are both surprising and flawlessly executed.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »
Nicely done. I like the Emma Frost head

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #342 on: March 12, 2020, 02:16:37 AM »
Wow, these look awesome!

Back to the front pages.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #343 on: March 14, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »
Thanks all for your comments. Here's an Expanded Universe vehicle and crew - Imperial Swamp Crawler/Troop Transporter.

Inspired by the Mimban Crawler from Splinter Of The Mind's Eye. I started work on this about the same time as the Luke & Leia (Mimban Miner Disguises) and have recently got around to finishing it.
I'll share more details and images of the vehicle soon, for now here's the crew.

Crawler Driver: AT-ST Driver from the 'Attack On Hoth' Multipack, with a repainted head from TBS Biggs X-Wing Pilot. Repainted helmet from TVC Endor AT-ST Crew 2-Pack. Repainted jacket from Rogue One Single Figure Bodhi Rook (I stretched this after soaking in boiling water, so it would fit around the waist of the AT-ST Driver).

Crawler Commander: Repainted TVC AT-AT Commander, with repainted & modified arms from TAC Death Star Trooper. Head from TVC TIE Fighter Pilot. Repainted helmet from SW Saga Han Solo (Endor Strike).

Crawler Navigation & Targeting Droid: TLC Build-a-droid R4-D6.

Crawler Gunner: AT-ST Driver from the 'Attack On Hoth' Multipack. Helmet as Commander. Jacket as Driver.

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #344 on: March 14, 2020, 03:33:39 PM »
WOW now that's incredible. Your KIT skills are top notch. Like 80-90's Joe  level. Most impressive. All the details are fantastic.