Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 101901 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2018, 01:49:27 AM »
Both figures look great and I also like the Jakku headgear you have created for Rey.
Your eye for details is amazing.
Excellent work.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
Thanks for all your feedback and thanks Tamer for sharing my posts, I really appreciate it.
Back to the OT. Over the next few days I'll be posting some customs of Imperial Officers I did a while ago, but realised I hadn't posted on here. Here's the first one.

Sgt Derek Torent - Senior Watch Trooper with headset, helmet and cap. Single-breasted grey uniform that is the same as those from the Death Star turbolift scenes (not the black uniform of the Navy Troopers or the olive grey of the officers). To me the collar and cuffs look a different colour in screen grabs of the film, especially if you enhance the brightness and contrast - not really sure whether they are actually a different colour or just a material that catches the light differently. Anyway this is my take on it.

Modified TLC Bail Organa torso, with repainted head from TVC Colonel Cracken, arms from Dr Who Matt Smith (Wave 3), hands from Blackbeard (POTC), legs from TAC Rebel Honor Guard, skirt section from TBS Mosep Binned combined with the belt part off POTF Admiral Motti (not quite sure why I did it that way (?), I think I'd already cut those parts down for something else, so I made use of them). Headset modified from TBS Toryn Farr's, with added white parts from a 'Pop-a-point' pencil, mouthpiece cut from a plastic product tag. TBS Imperial Navy Commander helmet is slightly modified inside to fit over headset better.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2018, 11:05:36 AM »
Very cool! Really like the headset

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2018, 02:35:40 AM »
I agree that head gear is fantastic, but the arty is also over the top great. I like to see great movement. Off to share.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2018, 12:31:48 PM »
Glad you like the headset on that figure. Here's some fairly straightforward customised Imperial Officers from ANH. With these I wanted to do some specific officers that Hasbro hasn’t done by making use of duplicate officer figures I already had, so I wasn’t too bothered about the articulation in some of these.

Left image - Commander Jir and Commander Praji: Both use mainly TAC Death Star Troopers with added rank insignia cut from other Imperial officer figures. Commander Jir uses head from a POTF2 Tarkin, drilled out to fit the peg. Skirt is from TLC Battlepack Lt Renz. Commander Praji uses repainted head from TSC Moff Jerjerrod. Holster cut down and repainted. Blaster is modified from TBS Biggs X-Wing Pilot.

Right image - Lieutenant Treidum and the other Imperial officer in the control room: These also use mainly TAC Death Star Troopers with added rank insignia cut from other Imperial officer figures, but these two have arms from TAC Luke Jedi (If I'd had more TAC Luke Jedi figures, I would use the upper arms to replace the TAC Death Star Trooper's on Jir and Praji), hands from TBS Luke Yavin. Blasters modified from TBS Biggs X-Wing Pilot. Lieutenant Treidum uses head from a POTJ Imperial Officer, drilled out to fit the peg. Imperial Officer 2 uses head from Star Wars Saga Captain Antilles with cap from TAC Juno Eclipse.

Captain Khurgee and the other Imperial Officer (only very briefly seen) from the Death Star hangar scene with Vader: Both use figures from TSC Death Star Briefing set with repainted rank insignia, and added custom utility boxes on the belts. Repainted hands from SW Saga Admiral Ozzel. Khurgee head from SW Saga Endor Rebel Soldier with cap from TLC Captain Needa. Other Officer's head from Fixer Loneozner Comic Pack with cap from Lt Jundland and Deena Shan Comic Pack.

Admiral Motti: Figure mainly from TSC Death Star Briefing set (Tagge, Bast, or Cass) with repainted insignia. Repainted head from POTF Admiral Motti. Left forearm (for the acute angle) from Lt Jundland Comic Pack with left hand from Cass.

Left image - Colonel Yularen and other Imperial Security Bureau Officer: Both use Yularen figure from TSC Death Star Briefing set with repainted legs. Other ISB officer has repainted head from TAC General McQuarrie, and left hand from Bast. Caps from TAC Juno Eclipse.

Right image - Two officers in the lighter grey tunic, the one on the left is the officer seen talking to Tarkin and possibly the same one walking past the turbolift (image ref below). The one on the right is based on General Molock from the briefing room scene. Both use SW Saga Admiral Ozzel torso and skirt, with legs from TSC Luke Endor. Left one has repainted head from TAC Rebel Honor Guard, Molock has repainted head from Episode I Senator Palpatine.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2018, 02:23:22 AM »
These look awesome too. And I am still seeing a lot of arty in many of these too.

Off to share.

Offline UKHistory

• Cadet
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
One of the officers in the briefing room appeared to have a lighter green/grey tunic.

Your pics demonstrate that pretty well. Equally impressive is catching they wore black pants. Awesome. Have to customize. That simple.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
Thanks again. Here's the last of the Imperial Officers. I never understood why Hasbro were always changing the grey that officers were made in. I've repainted most of these to standardise them.

AT-AT Commander - General: Mainly repainted TAC Death Star Trooper with repainted armour and skirt from TVC AT-AT Commander, repainted helmet from SW Saga Han Solo (Endor Strike).
AT-AT Commander - Lieutenant: Repainted TVC AT-AT Commander, with repainted arms from TAC Death Star Trooper.

Left image - Admiral Ozzel: Simple head swap with SW Saga head and Lt Jundland Comic Pack (which is the same sculpt as Ozzel, but in a better colour). Captain Piett (TESB), also use for Admiral Piett (ROTJ): Mainly repainted TVC AT-AT Commander with skirt from Lt Jundland, insignia from Baron Soontir Fel & Ysanne Isard Comic Pack. POTF2 Piett head drilled to fit.

Right image - Admiral Piett (TESB): Another Lt Jundland Comic Pack figure with head peg modified smaller to fit the previous Piett head.

Captain Bewil: Repainted Baron Soontir Fel (Ysanne Isard Comic Pack), with TVC AT-AT Commander arms and insignia. Repainted head from TLC Cloud City Guard Sergeant Edian, with cap from TLC Captain Needa.
Lieutenant Sheckil: Repainted TSC Moff Jerjerod with POTF Luke head (not sure which one) drilled to fit peg, with cap from Lt Jundland.

Offline UKHistory

• Cadet
« Reply #218 on: September 03, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
What paint did you use and or mix for that color?  Love it.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2018, 01:30:10 AM »
What paint did you use and or mix for that color?  Love it.

Thanks. I was using Humbrol Acrylics when I did these and had to mix it, but I've since starting using Revell and their 36145 Light Olive is a really good match straight out.

The colour that I was happiest with and tried to match on the existing figures, was the Tagge, Bast, and Cass from The Saga Collection Death Star Briefing set. The comic pack Lt Jundland sits well with these too.

The AT-AT armour colour I used was Humbrol 78 Cockpit Green.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2018, 02:17:19 AM »
I did get these on the front page yesterday. Had a bit of a family issue that evidently did not let me comment on em, but I really like your AT Commanders. I think that Vintage Figure (basic commander) is one that would go well with a re release. I know I for sure would buy some more. I wish they would have released Veers with that same body. I think I made a custom using this some time back.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2018, 05:05:13 AM »
Thanks for the share Tamer, hope everything's ok.
I agree about the AT-AT TVC figure, I was hoping they were going to release more officers using that sculpt with a standard skirt. I don't know about the US, but these were hard to find in the UK. I managed to get a couple loose though, so I was able to do the customs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2018, 02:42:02 AM »
Just the normal morning routine gone wrong, but thanks for asking. I always enjoy seeing your new posts.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2018, 01:04:58 PM »
I have been playing catch up  ! and i have to say you have done some fine work my friend ! Look forward to seeing what you have next .

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »
Thanks everybody. Here's a couple of straightforward head swap figures that I did to make use of POTJ Imperial Officer figures I had taken the heads off for the other custom Imperial Officers I made.
I still really like this sculpt from the POTJ range, despite the lack of articulation.

Death Star Superlaser Operators: Both use POTJ Imperial Officers; one with head and helmet from POTF2 Death Star Trooper, the other with head from POTF2 Imperial Gunner.
Removable Imperial Gunner flak vest made from POTF Sandtrooper pauldron fitted with elastic straps.