Author Topic: StarAlien70's custom figures  (Read 100828 times)

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
  • Happy 40th Anniversary, TESB!
    • StarAlien70 customs
Re: StarAlien70's custom figures
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2018, 06:06:42 PM »
I don’t normally do customs of newer figures that are still ongoing, just in case Hasbro actually produce what I’m working on, but I’d been looking at the basic single carded K-2SO and thought it looked like a figure that could potentially have decent articulation without too much work… and then I got carried away. It went from being a case of just adding elbow and knee joints to this…

Super articulated 1:18 scale K-2SO: Features articulated elbows, wrists, knees, ankles, feet, toes, torso, and completely new ball-hinged shoulder and hip joints. Plus the existing neck and head rotation of the original figure. I think it’s 27 POA.

Knee, elbow, and ankle joints made by cutting existing non-articulated parts, then fitting appropriate sized metal tubes through to hold them in place (so that there is a hole through the joint). Feet, toes, and wrists done with metal pins. Ball-hinged shoulder and hip joints are from a couple of Tron Legacy figures. All droid parts come from one basic K-2SO.

More Rogue One customs to follow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:32 AM »
Wow, now that is just awesome. 27 points, what a masterpiece. Off to share.

Offline talonreap

• Ensign
  • Clone Wars / Imperial Enthusiast
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
This K2 articulation is amazing! I also especially like the paint touch ups you did around the shoulder sockets.

One question though, and I think it's a misunderstanding on my part: How exactly do the pins in the elbows, knees, and ankles work? What did the metal part look like or what did you dremel out?

I'm curious because I've been thinking of working on my K2 at some point as well, and hopefully it will turn out something like yours!

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2018, 10:56:29 AM »
This K2 articulation is amazing! I also especially like the paint touch ups you did around the shoulder sockets.

One question though, and I think it's a misunderstanding on my part: How exactly do the pins in the elbows, knees, and ankles work? What did the metal part look like or what did you dremel out?

I'm curious because I've been thinking of working on my K2 at some point as well, and hopefully it will turn out something like yours!

Thanks.
I was a bit vague about the joints, I really should make an effort to take more WIP pics. I'll try and take some as soon as I can of a joint taken apart, as they're not glued. Then I can show how the metal tubes fit in.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2018, 11:08:20 AM »
Thanks for the share, Tamer. Here's some more Rogue One.
Custom Jyn Erso (Jedha): Uses Black Series 3.75” Jyn Erso figure, with modified arms for green jacket; added cuffs and stripes - stripes cut from arms of basic Jyn (Jedha), green jacket piece made from Dr Who (12th Doctor W3). Custom soft goods scarf.

2 custom batons - closed and extended versions. Added hook to attach closed baton behind holster.

Here’s a Black Series 6” Jyn Erso (Jedha) with soft goods scarf:

More Rogue One customs to follow.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2018, 05:32:01 PM »
K-S2O and Erso are awesome mate well done.

Ron

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2018, 07:28:07 PM »
WOW! Both look great! The articulation on K2 is off the chart!

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2018, 07:00:09 AM »
Thanks for your comments.
Custom Jyn Erso (Eadu): Uses Black Series 3.75” Jyn Erso figure, with a slightly modified head from basic Jyn (Imperial Ground Crew Disguise). Poncho, mask and hands from basic Jyn (Eadu). Added a hook to the poncho to attach the custom closed baton accessory, and modified the pouch to hold a piece from TBS Jyn’s sniper attachment. Arms from TLC Stass Allie. Cap modified from basic Cassian (Eadu) figure.

I did attempt a soft goods poncho to swap with the scarf on the Jedha custom, but I couldn’t get it to work with the 3.75” figure. I might try it some time in the future on the 6” figure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »
Wow, these two new Jyn Customs are great. Let me go share them before my internet time leaves me!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »
Another great looking figure mate well done indeed and keep them coming.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:29 PM »
Love that Eadu Jyn - wow.  That would be a most welcome TVC figure.

and your K-2SO is drop dead gorgeous.  Holy crap!

0/

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2018, 06:36:54 AM »
K-2SO: Like for many fans K2 is my absolute favourite character from Rogue One! I refused to buy the 5POA version, yet, but I also thought of customizing it if I can get it used & loose some day.
Like talonreap I'm very curious how you made this - the joints look so awesome! And how did you add the articulation to the feet, hands and even the fingers?! This is definitely one of the best upgrade of a figure I've ever seen so far! Very well done!

Jyn (Jedha): You created my favourite figure of Jyn Erso by far! I wish Hasbro did a better job on female head sculpts and paint jobs...especially bad paint jobs can ruin a good sculpt...
Your Jyn looks awesome! I really like the soft goods scarf you made and man, this green of her jacket! She looks just beautiful! And the two baton accessories look great, too! What a cool idea and a very nice picture to see her in action knocking down a Stormtrooper...

Jyn (Eadu): Excellent kit-bash! She looks like a Rebel soldier of the Battlefront games in that outfit - just relaized it by seeing your custom!

You did a fantastic job on these here! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't stop looking at them!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:38:56 AM by Darth More »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2018, 08:34:01 AM »
All three Rogue One custom figures are phenomenal.
The mega articulated K-2SO is fantastic. I had never expectetd to see so many movable joints on such a small figure.
Excellent work.

Offline StarAlien70

• Lieutenant
    • StarAlien70 customs
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for your feedback, I’m really pleased you like them. Here’s the last one from Rogue One, but I will post some detail shots of the K-2SO custom.
Scarif Stormtrooper (Squad Leader): Uses Black Series 3.75” Scarif Stormtrooper, with repainted markings. Belt from 2-pack Scarif Stormtrooper Squad Leader (Vs Moroff). Custom soft goods kama.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2018, 12:19:28 PM »
So awesome, mate! I love your Squad Leader Scarif Trooper! The soft goods and the paint apps look fantastic!

- Philipp